I think now they are selling it for $149 at shopblackberry.com
    10-31-12 07:13 AM
    Be flattered. He's an old member of Crackberry. Really good guy, whether you agreed with him or not. He took pride in Blackberry to a level that has yet to be matched. I only jokingly assumed you were him because he was good for debating EVERYONE that even remotely said anything to "bash" Blackberry.

Sorry for the confusion. Didn't mean any harm
    haha naw that's cool...sounds like he and I would get along. yeah, certain things I have passion for I feel more of an urge to correct people not to be a , just for public knowledge, ... I'm new to crackberry but have been in music/dj/promoter forums for 10 years now...and its funny to observe how many "sheeple" really exsist.. the only sheep I am is a blacksheep... I take my own path... u knwo what I'm talking bout, those can't think for themslves., I'm not a hater, I'm a motivator
    10-31-12 08:52 AM
    I miss Blackjack too.

I don't believe we ever agreed on, well anything!, but the man certainly had passion.
    Haha.. True true..
    If you check the Sticky at the top for newbies, he compiled it from all sorts of stuff we posted to help folks out. His passion was legendary to say the least. Never flinched.
    That's why I asked whether she was THE Blackjack. Turns out not.
    Be flattered. He's an old member of Crackberry. Really good guy, whether you agreed with him or not. He took pride in Blackberry to a level that has yet to be matched. I only jokingly assumed you were him because he was good for debating EVERYONE that even remotely said anything to "bash" Blackberry.

Sorry for the confusion. Didn't mean any harm
    BlackBerry pride that he took to a different level is scary and somehow 'anarchist'. LOL
    Was in the same 'project' that turns out to be a flame wars between brothers and sisters.
    haha naw that's cool...sounds like he and I would get along. yeah, certain things I have passion for I feel more of an urge to correct people not to be a , just for public knowledge, ... I'm new to crackberry but have been in music/dj/promoter forums for 10 years now...and its funny to observe how many "sheeple" really exsist.. the only sheep I am is a blacksheep... I take my own path... u knwo what I'm talking bout, those can't think for themslves., I'm not a hater, I'm a motivator
    That! I like.

ps: sorry for the OP that this thread has gone so out of topic.
    10-31-12 11:31 AM
    I understand that retailers did take a hit. I once worked in retail too. My point was RIM didn't necessarily. And your point about R&D costs? The PlayBook being in the hands of everyday users is R&D. That is what is helping develop BB10 faster and make it better. And towards BB10 is where the cash is flowing so the only ongoing work for the playbook is once again helping RIM to rebound with BB10. Also the original R&D would be calculated into the manufacturing cost which wouldn't have been much considering what OS1.0 was. Sorry to hear PlayBook didn't make your store any money but at the time this was a necessary business decision.
    RIM didn't have to take a hit on the sale prices, but how many retailers do you think were interested in keeping this product on hand so they could lose money on every sale?

User R&D by beta testing apps is not the same as pre-production R&D, and that is not part of the manufacturing cost, which is assigned purely to parts and assembly expenditures. You aren't having Joe User out there trying different chip configs, materials, drop tests, etc.
    10-31-12 11:35 AM
    You can buy the playbook at blackberry.com or officedepot.com
    11-02-12 04:08 PM
80 ... 234