Why you guys take this stuff personally is beyond me.
    Also, half thinner would be thicker. Just putting that out there.
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-15-12 11:04 AM
    playbook depth 0.4 vs IPad 3 0.37 inch
    Here's a visual of the .03" difference we're talking about. Definitely a deal breaker for me! My gosh, a little more than the whole thickness of an ink pin line.
    Chaddface and FF22 like this.
    06-15-12 11:07 AM
    Isn't the new iPad thicker than the previous one?

I feel if the PlayBook gets any thinner it would be awkward to hold and use. I think it's the absolute perfect size just the way it is. Even with a skin, it isn't too thick.
    The PB is actually about as thin as an iPhone 4. It's just 10mm thick. That's thinner than many thin smartphones.
    06-15-12 11:28 AM
    06-15-12 11:33 AM
    Actually, if they stuffed more stuff in THE BULGE the rest of the pb could be thinner!
    kennyliu and dave1701 like this.
    06-15-12 12:16 PM
    LOL. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

If RIM thinks it's possible while balancing production costs and functional hardware it deems important then future playbooks will get thinner.

But thank you OP for stating your preference for as thin as possible.

Duly noted.
    06-15-12 12:23 PM
    My biggest complaint about my PlayBook is that it wasn't ended world hunger, although the distinct lack of world peace since my purchase and its refusal to print money for me are also big let downs.
    DocDRM, nano404 and SnoozerBold like this.
    06-15-12 01:38 PM
    My biggest complaint about my PlayBook is that it wasn't ended world hunger, although the distinct lack of world peace since my purchase and its refusal to print money for me are also big let downs.
    Forget about world hunger and peace, there's much bigger issues like lamenting the hardships that a few millimeters and ounces has wrought upon us as we carry the internet, music, video, cameras, etc. around in our pocket...
    nano404 likes this.
    06-15-12 02:09 PM
    Hey? Why'd they close pooger's thread? That was one of the funniest responses I've seen in a long time!!
    06-15-12 02:34 PM
    besides lack of apps,my biggest complain is its weight, Apple is trying hard to get ipad thinner and thinner, why playbook cannot do that. I hope their 4G model can be very slim and stylish. not just like a brick
    They made it that way specifically to annoy you, and only you.
    06-15-12 02:51 PM
    Don't forget cure cancer.
    06-15-12 02:59 PM
    I can't believe the stuff people complain about........

COMPLAINERS WHAT DID RIM DO TO YOU.

Oh ... They built US the best 7 inch tablet for buisiness in the world.

It sure is a plus that RIM has decided to add games, video, music and so much more to make it fun for none buisiness users to also enjoy a wonderful well made device.
    It's also a plus they decided to add Calendars and Contacts into the "best 7 inch tablet for buisiness in the world" 10 months later..
    Last edited by Rickroller; 06-15-12 at 04:14 PM.
    dave1701 likes this.
    06-15-12 04:12 PM
    playbook depth 0.4 vs IPad 3 0.37 inch
    Bet a lot of Apple fanbots will say that they could notice the difference that 3/100's of an inch makes.
    06-15-12 04:21 PM
    Geez, I think I have heard every possible critisism of the play book now,
    well , maybe not.
    More to come, I am sure.
    06-15-12 04:22 PM
    It's also a plus they decided to add Calendars and Contacts into the "best 7 inch tablet for buisiness in the world" 10 months later..
    I know many thought it a marketing mistake, but RIM was up front about their original intent: the PB was originally targeted for existing BB owners, those features available through Bridge, to be added native later. This was known before the release. Another dead horse being beat on again. I'm calling the Humane Society
    06-15-12 04:26 PM
    Similarly, it's also a plus that RIM decided not to add a functional Adobe Reader and basic web browser functions among other things into the "best 7 inch tablet for business in the world"...
    Rickroller and dave1701 like this.
    06-15-12 04:42 PM
    I know many thought it a marketing mistake, but RIM was up front about their original intent: the PB was originally targeted for existing BB owners, those features available through Bridge, to be added native later. This was known before the release. Another dead horse being beat on again. I'm calling the Humane Society
    Many thought it was a marketing mistake? It was a HUGE marketing mistake! And while they may have been up front about bringing the functionality later, they promised 90 days, not 10 months.

Anyways, i'm not here to beat on dead horses. I found the one statement amusing, and posted my thoughts it. /continuethread
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-15-12 04:43 PM
    besides lack of apps,my biggest complain is its weight, Apple is trying hard to get ipad thinner and thinner, why playbook cannot do that. I hope their 4G model can be very slim and stylish. not just like a brick
    Having read through pages of responses, the original logic problem with this post remains due to these facts: (shouting for emphasis, and because I like typing in all caps)

THE NEW IPAD IS THICKER THAN THE OLD IPAD.
    THE NEW IPAD IS HEAVIER THAN THE OLD IPAD.

So clearly, Apple isn't trying hard in this vein at all. If you don't like the thickness or weight of the Playbook, I suggest you get something that you feel looks better.

As for the rest of us, we'll cope somehow.

Cheers,
    Last edited by vorpalz; 06-15-12 at 05:04 PM.
    glassofpinot likes this.
    06-15-12 04:45 PM
    You would be the same guy bitchin when its half as thin but the battery life isnt as good
    06-15-12 05:13 PM
    I'm not agree about the thickness, but I agree about the weight.
    Next PlayBook should be less heavy than this one.
    06-15-12 05:13 PM
    Many thought it was a marketing mistake? It was a HUGE marketing mistake! And while they may have been up front about bringing the functionality later, they promised 90 days, not 10 months.

Anyways, i'm not here to beat on dead horses. I found the one statement amusing, and posted my thoughts it. /continuethread
    Actually my bad choice of words. You're correct, a huge marketing mistake. But I actually could care less because I still don't use those features and have never had the desire for redundancy on my PB, but I realize thats me. Sorry OP, back to the 2ton PB.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 06-15-12 at 06:19 PM.
    06-15-12 06:15 PM
    The people that come on here to about the Playbooks dimensions, weight, etc and then try to say they should do like Apple should just save us all the headaches, and go buy an Apple. RIM does not need to be like Apple, although I am sure there are some people who wish they were.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    06-15-12 06:59 PM
    After reading all the comments in this thread here's mine: I rock my 64GB PlayBook in my OtterBox Defender case and could care LESS about its weight - its fully armoured and that's how I roll. As to the OP's comment about weight - hit a gym.

And if I ever were to get an iPad - I would rock that in an OtterBox Defender case as well. My gear is meant to be used hard and to be protected while in use. I OtterBoxed my beloved BOLD 9000, my old 9700 and my current 9810 phone as well. I couldn't care less about the size and weight of the forthcoming BB10 phone because it'll be bulked out when armoured with my usual ZAGG/OtterBox combo. Again, it's how I roll.

/rant off
    Marty_LK likes this.
    06-15-12 07:23 PM
    why RIM fans are so defensive why don't think it is a feedback instead of criticism. People still give feedbacks because they still care,otherwise, just move on and buy another tablet. Blind love is the enemy of RIM,especially considering RIM's situation now. you cannnot simple sit there and say, PB is perfect, do nothing.
    It's constructive criticism towards the playbook, honestly everyone on this planet has taken a shot at this underrated tablet. "its not big enough to watch movies" "it doesn't have a big app catalog" "They struggling to sell that trash" "The hardware is dated and old" "who wants to type on a small screen like the playbook screen" the list goes on we know a jab at the playbook from a mile away we been getting them since April 2011.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    06-15-12 07:42 PM
    I guess i can only speak for myself. But i remember my very first impression when i took my Playbook from its comfy box "Wow this thing feels good" and to this very day that hasn't changed. I really enjoy how compact it is, its sturdy and ill even go ahead and say RIM made it just right. From the choice of the materials to that distinct smell of the rubber. I wont say thinner and lighter isnt welcomed, but i like when things are proportionate.... Give me a 10" playbook thats thinner and "feels" lighter, but for the 7" form i think they nailed it.
    06-15-12 07:51 PM
98 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD