besides lack of apps,my biggest complain is its weight, Apple is trying hard to get ipad thinner and thinner, why playbook cannot do that. I hope their 4G model can be very slim and stylish. not just like a brick
    06-14-12 08:36 PM
    Isn't the new iPad thicker than the previous one?

I feel if the PlayBook gets any thinner it would be awkward to hold and use. I think it's the absolute perfect size just the way it is. Even with a skin, it isn't too thick.
    06-14-12 08:42 PM
    In terms of weight, the Playbook is 12 grams heavier than the Kindle Fire --- but Playbook has a bigger battery, has 2 cameras, has GPS.

In terms of thinness, Apple just glued all the parts together --- making it very hard to fix if it is broken.
    anon(3749235) likes this.
    06-14-12 08:42 PM
    Really?? It's already (albeit ever-so-slightly) thinner than my 9930, and my 9930 is quite thin to begin with. I suppose since it doesn't have tapered edges on the back, it may just seem thicker...maybe

Diff'rent Strokes I suppose.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    06-14-12 08:44 PM

I feel if the PlayBook gets any thinner it would be awkward to hold and use. I think it's the absolute perfect size just the way it is. Even with a skin, it isn't too thick.
    playbook depth 0.4 vs IPad 3 0.37 inch
    06-14-12 08:54 PM
    Geez, I think I have heard every possible critisism of the play book now,
    well , maybe not.
    06-14-12 08:54 PM
    Geez, I think I have heard every possible critisism of the play book now,
    well , maybe not.
    why RIM fans are so defensive why don't think it is a feedback instead of criticism. People still give feedbacks because they still care,otherwise, just move on and buy another tablet. Blind love is the enemy of RIM,especially considering RIM's situation now. you cannnot simple sit there and say, PB is perfect, do nothing.
    Last edited by smartie88; 06-14-12 at 09:03 PM.
    ast_ph and jvincent1966 like this.
    06-14-12 09:00 PM
    Apple is trying hard to get ipad thinner and thinner.
    Apple

iPad 2 depth: 0.34 inches
    New iPad: 0.37 inches

The new iPad is also heavier. So by your standards (that RIM should do exactly the same as Apple) the new 4G Playbook will be thicker and heavier.

I'm confused by your logic...
    06-14-12 09:04 PM

playbook depth 0.4 vs IPad 3 0.37 inch
    Ipad2 depth .346 in vs Ipad 3 depth .37 Which was ridesno's point and your statement that Apples works to get thinner every time would be wrong.
    ridesno159 likes this.
    06-14-12 09:04 PM
    iPad3 is also half a pound heavier than playbook. I find it awkward to hold, most because of the smooth slippery back.
    06-14-12 09:07 PM
    Apple

iPad 2 depth: 0.34 inches
    New iPad: 0.37 inches

The new iPad is also heavier. So by your standards (that RIM should do exactly the same as Apple) the new 4G Playbook will be thicker and heavier.

I'm confused by your logic...
    no confusion. first off, Ipad 3 is still thinner than Playbook. second, Apple is trying to get IPAD or even macpro thinner and thinner. Third. even because technology reason, IPad 3 has to be a 0.03 inch thicker than IPAD 2, but that doesn't mean apple won't improve for their new IPAD.
    06-14-12 09:09 PM
    iPad3 is also half a pound heavier than playbook. I find it awkward to hold, most because of the smooth slippery back.
    but the size is different, not really apple to apple
    06-14-12 09:11 PM
    why RIM fans are so defensive why don't think it is a feedback instead of criticism. People still give feedbacks because they still care,otherwise, just move on and buy another tablet. Blind love is the enemy of RIM,especially considering RIM's situation now. you cannnot simple sit there and say, PB is perfect, do nothing.
    How much friggin' thinner is it needed? I mean really come on. Is the current weight that big of a deal? Is it a deal breaker? Feeback is one thing but this is stupid...the thing is already thin. Umm hey Rim, can we get the PB3 as thin as dental floss or as thin as tracing paper? Cool, thanks.
    jvincent1966 and hackerguy like this.
    06-14-12 09:11 PM
    no confusion. first off, Ipad 3 is still thinner than Playbook. second, Apple is trying to get IPAD or even macpro thinner and thinner. Third. even because technology reason, IPad 3 has to be a 0.03 inch thicker than IPAD 2, but that doesn't mean apple won't improve for their new IPAD.
    Again your statement is wrong Apple didn't try to get the Ipad 3 thinner. They made a choose to increase the A5 chip with the better graphics of the A5x chip which made the ipad 3 thicker than the ipad 2. This was a technical choose to improve graphics for the retina display. Why are you seeming denying this?
    06-14-12 09:14 PM
    if feedback is negative it is criticism, if these forums are full of negative feedback criticism what does that do to someone who is thinking about buying a playbook and comes here to get some info before buying.
    End of the day, I guess you cant please all of the people all of the time.
    GordonTGopher and Harryl6134 like this.
    I don't like the Playbooks 90 degree corners....it just seems weird I hope RIM will improve on this as well as the perfectly flat screen....its just not on !

Plus its difficult carrying this less than half an inch thick "brick" around
    Foreverup and Mr.Monty like this.
    if feedback is negative it is criticism, if these forums are full of negative feedback criticism what does that do to someone who is thinking about buying a playbook and comes here to get some info before buying.
    End of the day, I guess you cant please all of the people all of the time.
    You worried too much) if you think it is wrong,say it. why care how other people think of it. They have their judgement and nobody is stupid. or might be you are RIM marketing staff? just kidding
    Last edited by smartie88; 06-14-12 at 09:28 PM.
    06-14-12 09:23 PM
    Again your statement is wrong Apple didn't try to get the Ipad 3 thinner. They made a choose to increase the A5 chip with the better graphics of the A5x chip which made the ipad 3 thicker than the ipad 2. This was a technical choose to improve graphics for the retina display. Why are you seeming denying this?
    I am not really sure whether it is their choice and they have to. I read contradicted news that some one said they chose so,some said it is their plan B.
    06-14-12 09:26 PM
    I am not really sure whether it is their choice and they have to. I read contradicted news that some one said they chose so,some said it is their plan B.
    It doesn't matter the A5x chip is there and it makes it thicker.
    06-14-12 09:29 PM
    besides lack of apps,my biggest complain is its weight, Apple is trying hard to get ipad thinner and thinner
    <<not true>>
    , why playbook cannot do that. I hope their 4G model can be very slim and stylish. not just like a brick
    I actually like the Playbook size and don't find it a problem. I use a case.
    I do notice that the tapered edge of the iPad makes it LOOK thinner, although at only 0.030-inch thinner, it really is only a tiny 8% thinner.

I like the overall dimensions of the PB - I can even hold it in one hand walking thru the airport, as I did today.
    Last edited by glassofpinot; 06-15-12 at 01:21 AM. Reason: sp
    rotorwrench likes this.
    06-14-12 09:33 PM
    It doesn't matter the A5x chip is there and it makes it thicker.
    very true! what I said is sooner or later,when it is possible, apple will make it thinner. they have tracking record
    06-14-12 09:39 PM
    I absolutely believe rim can make it thinner - remove the battery and plug it into a wall - simple.
    Mr.Monty and Tim1131 like this.
    06-14-12 09:54 PM
    I absolutely believe rim can make it thinner - remove the battery and plug it into a wall - simple.
    It's actually quite possible to make the PB thinner and, more importantly, lighter (making it even more portable, but keeping the build quality high):

Playbook
    Size: 194 x 130 x 10 mm
    Weight: 425 g

Galaxy Tab 7.7 (also has cameras, comparable battery capacity, even larger screen, etc.)
    Size: 196.7 x 133 x 7.9 mm
    Weight: 340 g
    Last edited by kennyliu; 06-14-12 at 11:30 PM.
    06-14-12 10:06 PM
    Think big, think differently. Status quo is not a solution
    06-14-12 10:23 PM
    Idk I may not like a thinner playbook. I like it how it is. It's perfect...for me.
    06-14-12 10:39 PM
98 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD