egzbuen, I agree and hoping for file management in OS2.

I'm telling ya man, the bridge thing is what steered me to update my BB and away from the Android phones.
    As for file management for OS1, Files and Folders App in App World, is super and well worth the money... check it out.
    01-28-12 01:08 PM
    I also got an incredible deal: My PlayBook and BB Torch 9810 pair of devices cost me a total of $250. I shocked myself as I just typed those words. $250?? Wait is that true? That's all I spent for these two exceptional devices that work so well together? Brand new. Not refurbished. Okay, only 16 gigs on the PB, but I'm doing okay with storage. 250 bucks. Wow. Hard to believe, isn't it?
    If you store primarily documents on your BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB you can transfer those files to the media card of your BlackBerry Torch 9810 and access them via BlackBerry Bridge. This works except for very large files due presumably a limitation with Bluetooth. Wow! A BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry Torch for only 250.00? That is a bargain.
    01-28-12 01:16 PM
    It may seem unfair to the little people, but everywhere I go, I am given the Raving Beauty discount. Sales clerks, especially the men, fall down dead when they see me and insist on just giving me things.
    ROFLMAO

The ultimate test of your raving beauty will be to receive the BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB for the price of a BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB.
    01-28-12 01:23 PM
    Great post.It is Blackberry all the way.The combination of the PB and my 9810 makes magic happen.I hope other tablet owners can start giving Blackberry some credit with the PB because it is a great device yet,affordable.

I don't think any other tablet with such value can come down to such a price..for consumers to get a hands on.

To RIM...[Salute]
    01-28-12 01:26 PM
    None of us are, but the reality is, if you wanna' be happy for the rest of your life, then pay attention to Jimmy Soul....

LOLOLOL Amen!!!
    01-28-12 03:08 PM
    i first bought it because of the lower price (�169 in the uk). wanted a tablet and originally wanted a xoom but since twice the price took the risk of the blackberry. Wow was that the right choice! love the fact that I can bridge it with my blackberry phone (and therefore don't need a new data plan), the size is sooo good and portable, the resolution great, the hardware a great standard, the touch bezel is so good, love the camera, multi-tasking is a real bonus. I have a micro-sd card in my mobile and so can put photos out of my camera onto the playbook without going via a computer.

overall its a great buy and i'm so pleased with it.
    01-28-12 03:27 PM
    Let me see.... why get a playbook... reasons....trolls (who are staying out?).... great deals...hair lip sexy goddess..... macs......Pure Adrenaline...... being happy for the rest of your life....

Nice thread and I have to agree
    01-28-12 04:16 PM
    i work on a ship so for me the playbook is perfect. I will never understand negative comments towards it. i guess i am a diehard loyalist to blackberry and i will remain so. only have one problem..i use a 9800 torch and i just bought my wife a bold 9790. The operating system 7 works so much faster now i want a 9900 so wondering should i just go out and get it or wait for the BB10 to be released..whatever the case...been using bb for years and like blackberry...have no intention of going anywhere
    01-28-12 04:38 PM
    i work on a ship so for me the playbook is perfect. I will never understand negative comments towards it. i guess i am a diehard loyalist to blackberry and i will remain so. only have one problem..i use a 9800 torch and i just bought my wife a bold 9790. The operating system 7 works so much faster now i want a 9900 so wondering should i just go out and get it or wait for the BB10 to be released..whatever the case...been using bb for years and like blackberry...have no intention of going anywhere
    The 9900 is a great device.
    01-28-12 04:43 PM
    @ LMG1963 - The OS7 does work a lot better and smoother which is why I upgraded from the 9800 to the 9810. Didn't have to buy any additional accessories, and now I have the auto focus camera. The 9900 does not have that on their camera, but does have a bigger keyboard. So a slight trade off there.
    barskin and cntrydncr223 like this.
    01-28-12 04:54 PM
    Another use I found for Bridge is being able to view my blackberry address email on a larger screen with a little more control.
    Way back when, I remember we had Web mail access to the @blackberry.net email account provided by your carrier.
    It's almost like having that back, once bridged.
    01-28-12 08:22 PM
    Another use I found for Bridge is being able to view my blackberry address email on a larger screen with a little more control.
    Way back when, I remember we had Web mail access to the @blackberry.net email account provided by your carrier.
    It's almost like having that back, once bridged.
    check out the wifi Phone Remote App for PB.... you have full access to your phone from the PB..... The App is $3 for the PB and then you install the FREE app on your phone.
    It took me a little while to get it setup right, but it lets me use SMS txting on the PB.
    imacj likes this.
    01-28-12 08:33 PM
    As for file management for OS1, Files and Folders App in App World, is super and well worth the money... check it out.
    Nice! I know some Unix, but certainly not QNX. Files and Folders appears to be a complete directory structure right down to the root of the drive. Awesome! Thanx jafobabe.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-28-12 08:38 PM
    check out the wifi Phone Remote App for PB.... you have full access to your phone from the PB..... The App is $3 for the PB and then you install the FREE app on your phone.
    It took me a little while to get it setup right, but it lets me use SMS txting on the PB.
    You're Killing me! I don't think I can handle anymore excitement!
    01-28-12 08:45 PM
    LOL! But.... But.... it's AWESOME!!!

Just wait till Peter gets in this thread..... his Battery Guru App is hands down Super!
    01-28-12 08:50 PM
    You're Killing me! Click to view quoted image
    I don't think I can handle anymore excitement!
    You ain't seen nothin' yet.......
    kbz1960 and jafobabe like this.
    01-28-12 09:01 PM
    You ain't seen nothin' yet.......
    01-28-12 09:12 PM
    No Iphone hotspot options in the UK (with your carrier)? That's pretty terrible of them.

My PB cost me �169 here in the UK and is the perfect companion to my Torch 9800. An equivalent 16GB iPad would have cost me �499 plus �10 pm for a data plan, even if I already owned an iPhone.
    Why should I still go for the iPad?
    01-28-12 09:14 PM
    bbbaaa bbbaaa baby

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7miRCLeFSJo[/YT]
    alnamvet68 and jafobabe like this.
    01-28-12 09:16 PM
    The Seventies. WOW! My teenage years......
    hutch0707 likes this.
    01-28-12 09:35 PM
    would be helpful if you could give the link or exact name for the app. there are way too many on the app world now.
    01-28-12 09:45 PM
    @ LMG1963 - The OS7 does work a lot better and smoother which is why I upgraded from the 9800 to the 9810. Didn't have to buy any additional accessories, and now I have the auto focus camera. The 9900 does not have that on their camera, but does have a bigger keyboard. So a slight trade off there.
    Yes, I also went for the OS7 and decided on the bigger screen and better camera, though it was a tough choice. I could never go with the 9850, though; gotta have that physical keyboard. But, I think any OS7 device and a PlayBook make for a great partnership.
    01-28-12 09:54 PM
    The Seventies. WOW! My teenage years......
    Same here...well, for me it was the 1870's....Hah! Barump bump.
    jafobabe and hpjrt like this.
    01-28-12 09:57 PM
    bbbaaa bbbaaa baby

Nailed it on the head!! Thanks KBZ ... got me rockin'
    01-28-12 10:00 PM
    would be helpful if you could give the link or exact name for the app. there are way too many on the app world now.
    PHONE REMOTE in App world.... letters are within a blue colored box.
    01-28-12 10:04 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD