Bluetooth, Wifi & 4G.. All about connectivity..

Bluetooth bridge, wifi home network & 4g will handle all pim alongwith social networking..

Right now all of this is being routed through bridge and bluetooth just cant handle it all.. Applications will run native with high internet speeds instead of 1mbps bluetooth limit.. So in short you playbook will really get all the data first..

Os2.1 and lot of things that have been talked about over time..

RIM should really work on the service book side of noc network which both the bb os7 phone and playbook 4g will use.. Handset registrations can be linked and service book data can be constantly pushed pulled between the devices.. Since rim has the infrastructure..

For developers the good news is that the app world can be accessed at all times so updates and new apps can be downloaded often..

For most folks many applications are going to take new shape.. Business traveller's are also going to benefit..

Lastly hoping they have taken care of a lot of bugs in os 2.1 release..

Ps. For all the people talking about lag today.. I got a lot of keyboard lag while writing this.. The words would just not appear as i type.. But i continued typing and the auto text are would keep showing what i am typing on the first left box.. This never changes and always shows the word that is going to be used.. So i see that.. And alll this has been wriiten .. Waiting to see text..

Touch screen to scroll text box.. Done!

The lag comes because the text box is not fitting correctly.. So the system is preoccupied in trying to fit the text box perfect instead of displaying text.. Its real time so it goes on endlessly coz theres no time limit attached.. Only after the function moves on the next move of displaying text will be executed.. However.. Qnx is multitasking so the keyboard is treated as a separate entity and continues to perform its function queuing the task to be executed at given function.. So thats why you play around and you can hear your multi taps..
    Because no offense but im sure in space you have all the time to kill! You know getting a task executed in sequence is of higher priority..
    07-30-12 11:35 AM
    I want to pick one of these up (if work will cover the data plan). As for the lag issues on the keyboard(never experienced this myself) you could be correct in it being solved as the non 3G playbooks may have some code for 3G which is buggering things up.
    07-30-12 06:08 PM
    no..it's not RIM's missing link. The missing links are the app eco system (which is growing) and BB10 upgrade.
    smuook likes this.
    07-30-12 07:41 PM
    When I get typing lag. I do a restart. That fixes it.
    07-30-12 10:19 PM
    The missing link is still missing, I believe...

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    kidkamel likes this.
    07-31-12 09:28 AM
    Where is it man? Apple's doesn't seem to have any problems making announcements.

Anyways, I wish the 4G pb is for around $399.. Regardless the pricing it's going to be the key.
    07-31-12 09:40 AM
    Mobile Syrup said the internal Bell document had been removed from Bell's system for some reason. No doubt because it contained incorrect information.
    07-31-12 09:49 AM
    Argh, I'm out ofkoolaid, must remember soonsoonsoonsoon
    07-31-12 01:17 PM
    Forgot to add 'soon' to the title......
    08-01-12 01:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD