why, why, why????? why is that people is so blind with apple products???

like ok i know they're cool and amazing, but is more flashy than anything else(at least for me) today i just grabbed a Playbook with OS 2.0 and it was awesome, so i just made a comment of how i think that the Playbook kicks the Ipad by so many things, and then everything started, everybody just said are u crazy??? have u gone mad?? here in my country there's not a lot of BlackBerry lovers for what it actually is(most of the people has it just because of BBM) but theres a complete world in BB besides the BBM, why does everybody thinks that every single product branded under BlackBerry is a piece of junk in front of apple products??

whats your decision? Ipad or Playbook? i stick to the playbook, not because i love BlackBerry, just because it proved to my eyes to be a better tablet than the ipad is!
    bike2travel, MTL, chriqz and 4 others like this.
    02-22-12 02:53 PM
    We should start a group that goes door to door trying to convince people to get rid of their current tablet and accept the playbook...

Sound familiar?

WHO CARES?!????

If you're happy with your playbook then that's good. Keep it to yourself unless someone asks you for info.

Let the corporate people worry about it being accepted.

To each their own
    Last edited by phoreoneone; 02-22-12 at 03:45 PM.
    djnshores, Maiev and mca312 like this.
    02-22-12 02:54 PM
    Do you think all this opposition is by accident?!?!? There is a campaign under way to undermine RIM and the PB. Notice all the nay sayers just recently joined under the guise of being a new owner. Too bad the PB is nothing of what they say and it will eventually come to light.
    02-22-12 02:58 PM
    haven't you heard? Simon Cowell isn't letting Playbook 2.0 go to Hollywood. I have pics to prove it
    02-22-12 03:00 PM
    Right now, even post 2.0, the potential of the PlayBook is just that, potential. Until RIM manages to realize said potential, the PlayBook will continue to be seen as inferior.
    02-22-12 03:00 PM
    I own both Playbook and IPad 2.

Reason is simple.

For the general public. Think of the end user. Average folks who don't want to bridge to get native email calendar etc.

Rewind back to April 2010. RIM releases a smaller but similarly powerful tablet to compete with the market leader,Apple.

Consumer sees $500 iPad 2 that just works.

Consumer sees $500 Playbook. WTF? Where is my email icon? Where is my calendar icon?
    Consumer says I am too lazy to log into mobile browser.

Seriously. Think of yourself as the average consumer. What tablet would you buy?

I have owned the Playbook for 5 months now. Qnx is slick. I see the potential. But I am a techie. Playbook is a niche product appealing to techies and blackberry addicts.

It won't reach the masses. Unless Playbook 2 blows everything out the window. But I think rim is having serious second thoughts about mass production of Playbook 2 since they had to take a blood bath with the price reductions of Playbook 1.
    JasW, Nasedo73, Mystic205 and 8 others like this.
    02-22-12 03:06 PM
    Right now, even post 2.0, the potential of the PlayBook is just that, potential. Until RIM manages to realize said potential, the PlayBook will continue to be seen as inferior.
    Exactly this. At this point, it is an inferior product to the iPad. No comparison. This is coming from someone who owned both.
    02-22-12 03:09 PM
    Well, my ipad lives in the toilet (permanently) i play patience there. Right now im in front of the tv 'watching' master cheff...not really, i just cant put my pb down. My wife owes an iphone 4 and wants to change for a BB. That says it all! Some like chevrolet, others ford.
    02-22-12 03:11 PM
    haven't you heard? Simon Cowell isn't letting Playbook 2.0 go to Hollywood. I have pics to prove it
    I spit out my water on this one.

Cheers!
    lambda365 likes this.
    02-22-12 03:25 PM
    why, why, why????? why is that people is so blind with apple products???
    We could try to find an answer for the following question: "To be, or not to be..."

Seriously... When I bought iPad (first one) there was nothing like PlayBook. I never was interested about upgrade iPad -> iPad 2, besides I had an Archos tablet... I was looking for something else... something fresh.

Let's face the truth. Why I bought PlayBook? Because was powerful and cheap. Not because was powerful and expensive, not because was crap and cheap.
    02-22-12 03:25 PM
    It comes down to personal preference, same with the mac vs pc argument.

Apple also tends to generate brand loyalty better than any competitor. A MacBook owner will tend to get an iPhone. An iPhone user will tend to get the iPad. If you have all three the devices work seamlessly together. Apple knows very well what they are doing and how to make a lot of money at the same time. The features in Mountain Lion will further entrench their users in iDevices. Windows 8 phones and tablets will also do well because of the unified platform. RIM has an uphill battle to say the least.
    02-22-12 03:31 PM
    dont ask a question you dont want to hear the answer to, but here we go..

From my perspective... I have an aversion to apple products..so i bought the iPad DESPITE it being an apple product..its that good.
    To me, 18 months ago I viewed buying the playbook as an expensive toy with potential but little practical value.. I bought the iPad.

Netflix just works
    Kindle just works
    Xfinity tv just works
    Skype just works
    Google voice just works
    GPS car navigation just works
    all apps.. they just work...

I badly wanted to buy the playbook, and I still desire the smaller form factor, but the funny thing is, if i had purchased the playbook, I would no longer have a BB phone as there is no VOIP apps..whereas they are aplenty on android and iphone... at least the ipad covers my international communication needs.

the playbook still has potential, but the mass market doesnt purchase on potential...after all, in 12 months something better comes along..
    samaursa, LeKeiser and nr5 like this.
    02-22-12 03:40 PM
    The tablet market has no room for "potential" at this point. Apple offers a popular, well-known tablet product that "just works," has a ton of apps, with a hardware revision on the horizon. That's the bar the PlayBook has to meet and surpass to gain any traction in the market. It's an uphill climb for sure.
    nr5 likes this.
    02-22-12 03:53 PM
    But I think rim is having serious second thoughts about mass production of Playbook 2 since they had to take a blood bath with the price reductions of Playbook 1.
    The issue also seems to be that RIM doesn't know how to reach the average consumer. Maybe solidifying their base is the best idea.

The problem, in my opinion, is that no other leading brand tablet was made to be dependent on or accentuated by an accompanying phone. Tabs are tabs and pones are phones.

So if R.I.M is going after the folks in the US who also use BB phones, then they're admitting that they only want 10 of the market.

If that's the case, the should significantly reduce the amount of PBs they produce and work their way from there.

I have no problem admitting that I only picked up the PB because of the sale. I don't use a BB phone.

I own a PB, Pad 2 and a Galaxy Tab. I like gadgets. I own an XBox 360 with Kinect, PS3 with MOVE and a Wii.

I updated my PB overnight and played around with it this morn. Cool changes, but nothing that knocked my socks off. It may have been overhyped and, I find myself somewhat indifferent to the update.

OT:

What IS interesting is that if you google "Reaserch In Motion" the second page of search results clearly lists a RIM proprietary link titled "New Playbook 2" tablet. Though it takes you to the PB 1. Would seem to suggest that RIM is getting prepared to launch a new device.
    02-22-12 03:53 PM

From my perspective... I have an aversion to apple products..so i bought the iPad DESPITE it being an apple product..its that good.
    To me, 18 months ago I viewed buying the playbook as an expensive toy with potential but little practical value.. I bought the iPad.

Netflix just works
    Kindle just works
    Xfinity tv just works
    Skype just works
    Google voice just works
    all apps.. they just work...

I badly wanted to buy the playbook, and I still desire the smaller form factor, but the funny thing is, if i had purchased the playbook, I would no longer have a BB phone as there is no VOIP apps..whereas they are aplenty on android and iphone... at least the ipad covers my international communication needs.

the playbook still has potential, but the mass market doesnt purchase on potential...after all, in 12 months something better comes along..
    Because of that, RIM had a very narrow window to play catch up with. By the end of this year, all of last years tablets are going to go the way of the iPad 1 and the Xoom 1. There's already numerous new players coming on the field this year sporting quad core processors. Intel has recently entered the CPU fray with the announcement of a single core mobile CPU that out-benchmarks all the current dual core contenders by something insane like 20% or more.

If it weren't for the big head start Apple has relied on with the iPhone they'd be hurting too. There's a lot of unhappy campers about the fact that they've been stuck with a 3.5" screen for so long with no confirmed end in sight, among other issues.

You have to shock and awe potential buyers if you want to keep in a rapidly changing race. I have absolutely zero illusions that I'm going to still be using this same tablet I am right now in late 2012 / early 2013. The company offering the best combination of Price + Hardware+ UI + OS + useful apps next year is going to get my purchase, regardless of who the maker is. For $200 RIM won me out for late 2011 / early 2012.
    nr5, LMG1963 and matturbanowicz like this.
    02-22-12 03:54 PM

Netflix just works
    Kindle just works
    Xfinity tv just works
    Skype just works
    Google voice just works
    all apps.. they just work... ..
    I can't argue with most of that, but I can ask questions that I do want answered;

Can I use flash enabled websites on an iPad? No.
    Can I see and maintain my YouTube channel on an iPad? No.
    Can I reply to comments on my YouTube videos on an iPad? No.
    Do I want to pay for downloaded content? No so why would I care about netflix etc.?
    02-22-12 03:57 PM
    Even if you dismiss the great marketing hype that Apple creates, the iPad gets a big edge in the consumer market due to the popular apps all being there and working. The Playbook may have the better hardware, IMHO the better OS, but the popular consumer apps such as Kindle, Netflix, Hulu, etc. simply aren't available on the Playbook.

Recently the Playbook took a big hit in Amazon Prime being discontinued on it!!! So instead of gaining functionality with popular consumer apps/subscriptions RIM is going backwards? WTF? I know people will say its not RIM's fault its the 3rd parties. I say BS, RIM has to make it happen! I mean not even a Kindle app on Playbook? WTF? Even BB phones have that app, but Playbook doesn't?

Even if BB10 on BB smartphone is the absolute best OS out there on smartphones, if you don't include the popular consumer apps, people are going to run to Apple and Google phones. Can RIM be this blind?

RIM get the big apps or fail! I am not saying I expect a million fart apps, just get the big consumer apps and I think more and more people will buy your mobile devices.
    Mystic205 likes this.
    02-22-12 04:06 PM
    I can't argue with most of that, but I can ask questions that I do want answered;

Can I use flash enabled websites on an iPad? No.
    Can I see and maintain my YouTube channel on an iPad? No.
    Can I reply to comments on my YouTube videos on an iPad? No.
    Do I want to pay for downloaded content? No so why would I care about netflix etc.?
    It's true that the iPad has no Flash functionality. But the YouTube web interface works fine on an iPad, including making changes to channels or leaving comments. As far as paid content goes, I think most PlayBook users would enjoy a larger variety of quality options.
    02-22-12 04:07 PM
    Wife has an iPad 2. I've had the Playbook basically since launch and I had a Bold 9900. The Bold is gone. I like the iPad. I don't use apps really. I have a 4S right now. We were trying to post an Ad on kijjii yesterday and were trying to attach pics for our product within the browser on the iPad. The section was greyd out and absolutely no way to upload those pics. Took the Playbook out and uploaded without probs. Just the little things are what really add up for me. I am very impressed with OS2 and have hardly put the thing down since yesterday after it being dormant for many months.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-22-12 04:09 PM
    According to the article I read (One of Kevin's news blogs or posts here I think) RIM has to actually pony up the dough to these big and popular developers to get them on board. They didn't, others did, so they get, we don't. RIM can accuse them all they want of committing "app ransom" but since the other manufacturers shelled out the bucks and RIM didn't, so who is ultimately responsible for the lack? The developer or RIM?
    02-22-12 04:13 PM
    because some are really blind and some are in-secured..
    02-22-12 04:15 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I luv my PB, but the main consumer apps should be on it by now!!! Potential? Its 10 months into the PLaybook's lifespan and we still don't have the popular app/functionality?

I mean its nice I got flash and real websites, but I still can't even use Kindle, Netflix, Hulu, etc. I mean just a few apps, thats all and the PB could be the undisputed king of tablets. As it is now... its just "potential". Hey every fat girl could be beautiful if they lost weight, they have "potential" too...
    DMitch likes this.
    02-22-12 04:16 PM
    Wife has an iPad 2. I've had the Playbook basically since launch and I had a Bold 9900. The Bold is gone. I like the iPad. I don't use apps really. I have a 4S right now. We were trying to post an Ad on kijjii yesterday and were trying to attach pics for our product within the browser on the iPad. The section was greyd out and absolutely no way to upload those pics. Took the Playbook out and uploaded without probs. Just the little things are what really add up for me. I am very impressed with OS2 and have hardly put the thing down since yesterday after it being dormant for many months.
    That's great, and speaks well of the PlayBook's browser, but...

...if you offer potential tablet buyers the choice between Kijjii compatibility or Netflix, Hulu+, and HBOGO compatibility I think we know in which direction 99.9% of people are going to migrate.
    Last edited by Hyphenation; 02-22-12 at 04:22 PM.
    02-22-12 04:18 PM

1.) If it weren't for the big head start Apple has relied on with the iPhone they'd be hurting too. There's a lot of unhappy campers about the fact that they've been stuck with a 3.5" screen for so long with no confirmed end in sight, among other issues.

You have to shock and awe potential buyers if you want to keep in a rapidly changing race. I have absolutely zero illusions that I'm going to still be using this same tablet I am right now in late 2012 / early 2013. The company offering the best combination of Price + Hardware+ UI + OS + useful apps next year is going to get my purchase, regardless of who the maker is. For $200 RIM won me out for late 2011 / early 2012.
    1.) Not so sure about unhappy customers. In fact Sprint has 1.8mm new customers who will say they're happy with the screen size as is. In fact, many in this same forum would say that smaller screens are better. I, for one, don't own an iPhone and never will until the screen increases in size.

2.) I agree I'll give my buck to the maker pursues my business. End of story.
    02-22-12 04:19 PM
    Its all about the apps. If we had netflix, kindle, skype, google maps, ect ect. Then it would be a different story.
    miata likes this.
    02-22-12 04:22 PM
189 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD