Ok, #1.. I won't be apologizing for my statements regardless of what was "asked of people". I did not say anything bad or post a secret about the 9810 that's not already known. #2 I tested and compared the 9810 quite a few times with the 9800, in the stores and using one owned by a friend prior to getting the S II. (In fact this friend works for AT&T and had the 9810 for couple weeks and got rid of it for the SkyRocket and just sold me on the SII, ha !) Googlemaps, facebook, googlevoice would all freeze on the 9810 forcing me to pull the battery. I thought the glitchiness would improved being that its a 7.0 phone. IMO this is a weak upgraded. I was merely commenting on the premise of the thread title which is "why own a playbook and a bb7 (9810)...I say NO you don't have to and stated why the combination is not needed. Hey, you want to buy a case, 2 batteries and charger for your 9810, they fit and nothing has changed physically between the 9810 and the 9800
    Googlemaps and Googlevoice ... noted many times for running like crap on BBs ... 'nuff said. And facebook on any platform is among the worst apps ever written; nonetheless, it never froze on my archaic 9810 or 9900. Judging the entire line of BB7 devices on the performance of those three apps is as bad as condemning all BBs based on one's experience with the Storm .... IMOHO. And yes, 9810 measures nearly identical to the 9800; it's a decent package, it works, so why change it. No additional R&D on the exterior means it can be had for a svelt $49 under contract. Is that such a bad thing, especially when you see any Android looking like just about any other Android? Bottom line, if a phone doesn't do it for you, find one that does; but this is not the thread for that.

And to keep this on topic, one word for BB7 and PlayBook: bridge.
    12-27-11 05:53 PM
    My salesperson can beatup your salesperson

Don't forget to back-up your phone with BB Protect
    randomact45 and myfairkadie like this.
    12-27-11 06:07 PM
    My salesperson can beatup your salesperson
    Don't forget to buy a spare battery and a second charger to make it through the day.
    myfairkadie likes this.
    12-27-11 06:46 PM
    I was thinking of upgrading old Curve to Droid Razr. But I got the 9930 instead yesterday and not too happy with the battery life though. Bridge is solid as is the 3G, better than the Curve's 3G from what I can tell.

However what I love about the Bridge is that when I pickup my Playbook it feels like it's already on 3G. I don't have to click anything on the phone in order to use the browser on the Playbook. It's ALWAYS bridged and the network works on the PB as if it was a native 3G connection. Do you get this same experience with the Atrix with its Hotspot feature?
    Once you setup the phone's mobile hotspot ssid and password, it's as simple as one click to use it from then on. you can also use this feature with data turned off to transfer large files over wifi between phone and PB without using your data plan, using an android app called wifi file explorer, coincidentally adding more storage to the PB via the phone's sd card.
    12-27-11 07:09 PM
    Googlemaps and Googlevoice ... noted many times for running like crap on BBs ... 'nuff said. And facebook on any platform is among the worst apps ever written; nonetheless, it never froze on my archaic 9810 or 9900. Judging the entire line of BB7 devices on the performance of those three apps is as bad as condemning all BBs based on one's experience with the Storm .... IMOHO. And yes, 9810 measures nearly identical to the 9800; it's a decent package, it works, so why change it. No additional R&D on the exterior means it can be had for a svelt $49 under contract. Is that such a bad thing, especially when you see any Android looking like just about any other Android? Bottom line, if a phone doesn't do it for you, find one that does; but this is not the thread for that.

And to keep this on topic, one word for BB7 and PlayBook: bridge.
    Um so anyway I think the freezing occurs when there are too many apps running in the background. I mentioned those few apps but there were others but maybe its truth to what you said....dunno...long hair don't since I won't be getting a 9810
    12-27-11 07:41 PM
    Don't forget to buy a spare battery and a second charger to make it through the day.
    oh geesh...don't remind me. Thank goodness RIMs customer service has sent me a couple free chargers and sent me to their service center several times to replace those lovely 9800's. Ive had enough. If you know anyone that wants to buy a cosmetically new 9800 phone with bonus accessories at a good price let me know
    12-27-11 07:49 PM
    ...And to keep this on topic, one word for BB7 and PlayBook: bridge.
    BB5 and Playbook FTW

this 9930 is going back TOMORROW. The battery on thus thing sux (to get back off topic)
    12-27-11 08:07 PM
    I never thought I'd get a tablet. The 9810 and PB feel like a natural fit.
    12-27-11 09:07 PM
    Been using my Bold 9700 and trying to figure if upgrading my phone is really worth it at the time. Neither the 9810 or the 9900 have UMA which is crucial to me.

As far as the pair goes, is there a major advantage over BB6?
    basically, no, not with pairing

but, bb7 has a few new features that make hd video, liquid graphics, and augmented reality available. and a 1.2ghz processor doesn't hurt.

as far as upgrading, totally up to you, if your current phone is serving it's purpose and meeting your needs, then perhaps wait, although i must say, i think yoj would be pretty happy with a 9790...

if you wish to have a little more performace from your phone, maybe consider upgrading from your current 9700 to a 9790, maybe... cuz it has essentially the same form factor as your 9700, except thinner with a touch screen... it just doesn't have hd video, which doesn't really matter to most people anyways

the reason i mention a 9810 has "best" is simply because it has the most features, but it's really up to each individal, the playbook does hd video anyway, so, a 9790 would still be a really nice phone to upgrade to
    Last edited by buckwylder; 12-27-11 at 11:32 PM.
    ungibbed likes this.
    12-27-11 11:30 PM
    i want 2 playbooks, lol
    12-27-11 11:35 PM
    i want 2 playbooks, lol
    i'm almost there, almost.
    I'm THIS close to buying another one. Because I think the PB is such a steal at the prices they're offering them for now
    jcbrunson likes this.
    12-27-11 11:45 PM

but, bb7 has a few new features that make hd video, liquid graphics, and augmented reality available. and a 1.2ghz processor doesn't hurt.

as far as upgrading, totally up to you, if your current phone is serving it's purpose and meeting your needs, then perhaps wait, although i must say, i think yoj would be pretty happy with a 9790...

if you wish to have a little more performace from your phone, maybe consider upgrading from your current 9700 to a 9790, maybe... cuz it has essentially the same form factor as your 9700, except thinner with a touch screen... it just doesn't have hd video, which doesn't really matter to most people anyways

the reason i mention a 9810 has "best" is simply because it has the most features, but it's really up to each individal, the playbook does hd video anyway, so, a 9790 would still be a really nice phone to upgrade to

I was in the same situation with the 9700. The only way I could run OS6 was to shrink the OS.

I went with the 9810 in order to get experience with touch-screen. I tried a Nexus S at the same time to get a feel for Android.

The novelty of Android and its hype wore off quickly. The 9810 was much better suited for my needs.

I'm usually a value first purchaser and the 9790 depicts that perfectly. It was not available at the time otherwise I would go with the 9790.
    12-27-11 11:49 PM
    i'm almost there, almost.
    I'm THIS close to buying another one. Because I think the PB is such a steal at the prices they're offering them for now
    Do it, man! I bought another PB32 yesterday on spite, because the PB16ers are too cheap to fork over a 50 to double the mem. PB32ers, unite and buy another! That, and my wife got mad when I took it outa town. But spite... that's a better reason. Bestbuy wont keep them on sale forever.
    12-28-11 06:48 AM
    Do it, man! I bought another PB32 yesterday on spite, because the PB16ers are too cheap to fork over a 50 to double the mem. PB32ers, unite and buy another! That, and my wife got mad when I took it outa town. But spite... that's a better reason. Bestbuy wont keep them on sale forever.
    lol, you're right. I don't think I'm gonna hesitate if i see the refurb models show up at Best Buy again. I won't even think twice about it.
    12-28-11 10:25 AM
    Dude, you and I discussed this last week! Upgrade already, fer cryin out loud! You wait too long, you'll miss the bargains!
    hahaha, yeah, I know.. I will be as soon as I get the $$ to buy it out right... I dont like being tied to a contract if I dont have to... even though I haven't left ATT since it was Cellular One in my area... There's no bargin for no-contract pricing... even if I do have a Premier account, lol.
    12-28-11 10:49 AM
    im with 32gigs PB + dakota 9900 = im more than happy...
    12-28-11 06:38 PM
    I also have a 9810 as well as a PlayBook... and my 27 year old son does also. I feel it is a great combination. Although, since I have gotten a 9810 (I previously had a 9700), I don't use the Playbook as much (due to 9810 screen and MUCH better browser).

Recently, my sister went shopping for a reader/tablet. She didn't know what she wanted or what she wanted it for. So, of course her and her husband ended up at Best Buy. The local salesperson wasn't even interested in showing them as Playbook... (said RIM was going bankrupt and there wouldn't be any support). That kind of talk really irritates me as I believe it to be invalid. Anyway, I continue to "push" her towards the PlayBook... but she thinks she wants a Kindle Fire... still not sure why.

Yesterday, my in-house internet was having problems and I had to disconnect my wireless router. I informed my son that I would be taking the internet out of service for a few minutes so he wouldn't be surprised when his PlayBook lost connectivity. About 30 minutes later, I had the internet and wireless back online. I went into the living room to inform my son that all was normal... and he didn't seem to care. While the network was down, he had been "bridged" with his 9810 and hadn't missed a beat.

So, I am going to stay a RIM fanboy until they run me off. The PlayBook will be the "sleeper" of the year after the 2.0 update... and the QNX BlackBerrys will be the phone to have (hopefully).

As for now, I feel we (Crackberry fans) have a "secret" that some people just won't understand because they are too busy following the crowd.
    hpjrt, jafobabe, swiftex and 2 others like this.
    12-28-11 06:54 PM
    I also have a 9810 as well as a PlayBook... and my 27 year old son does also. I feel it is a great combination. Although, since I have gotten a 9810 (I previously had a 9700), I don't use the Playbook as much (due to 9810 screen and MUCH better browser).

Recently, my sister went shopping for a reader/tablet. She didn't know what she wanted or what she wanted it for. So, of course her and her husband ended up at Best Buy. The local salesperson wasn't even interested in showing them as Playbook... (said RIM was going bankrupt and there wouldn't be any support). That kind of talk really irritates me as I believe it to be invalid. Anyway, I continue to "push" her towards the PlayBook... but she thinks she wants a Kindle Fire... still not sure why.

Yesterday, my in-house internet was having problems and I had to disconnect my wireless router. I informed my son that I would be taking the internet out of service for a few minutes so he wouldn't be surprised when his PlayBook lost connectivity. About 30 minutes later, I had the internet and wireless back online. I went into the living room to inform my son that all was normal... and he didn't seem to care. While the network was down, he had been "bridged" with his 9810 and hadn't missed a beat.

So, I am going to stay a RIM fanboy until they run me off. The PlayBook will be the "sleeper" of the year after the 2.0 update... and the QNX BlackBerrys will be the phone to have (hopefully).

As for now, I feel we (Crackberry fans) have a "secret" that some people just won't understand because they are too busy following the crowd.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ I agree and couldn't have said it better.. Well done! ..

My 'Thanks' button disappeared, so I only had the 'Like' button left.
    12-28-11 07:11 PM

Before I got my 9700, I had a second business account on AT&T and the Bold 9000 was wonderful to use but when some odd update that was pushed out in the 5.0.x version forced a reindex of my 16GB memory card and as a music nut, I often used my Bold in place of an iPod.

I loved the larger keyboard and everything about it, the stereo speakers and Pandora made that phone great but the software killed it for me. I eventually killed off my AT&T service as it was getting rather expensive and the 9700 was not out on T-Mobile.

Not willing to suffer with an 8300 series curve, and I didn't care much for the 9300. I bought a used unlocked Storm and despite the quirky sure press screen, I really liked that beast with its steel backplate but most important, a great camera and rather impressive sound output

Finally, when the Bold with UMA released, I had to have it. I liked that it had a nice camera but this Bold wasn't as "bold" as the older 9000 before it. I would love to see an update to the 9900 for UMA support (guess I can live without a sharp camera on my phone, but it would be nice)

Still, I look around for someone selling a 9780 or may just eventually dump T-Mobile. I've been getting very frustrated with them lately.
    01-04-12 01:19 AM
    Like you, I'm still loving my 8330! Just got my PB yesterday. We'll see what happens but thanks for your post.
    01-05-12 08:43 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD