I called every Staples, Best Buy, and Office Depot around my area and they all only have the 16gb model. Why didn't RIM offer more 32gb versions? Half the people in line at Best Buy wanted a bigger model and some left without a PB in hand. Others bought a less expensive model.

RIM may have dropped the ball on this one. I think they under estimated the demand for the 32/64gb models.
    04-19-11 09:39 AM
    I had no problems getting the 32gb version...
    04-19-11 09:40 AM
    I had no problems getting the 32gb version...
    I should have specified....why only 16gbs in US?

And I know they are available, but very few and far between.
    04-19-11 09:45 AM
    It was the same situation in Indiana. The BestBuy near me had only 2 32gb's. Even BB Mobile, Staples, and Radioshack all had only 16gb's.
    04-19-11 10:18 AM
    Assuming that rim aren't in a position to force certain models onto the shops, the most likely answer is that a number of the american chains have misjudged the demand for the more expensive models, possibly they have been overly cautious after the slow sales of the more expensive xoom.
    04-19-11 10:52 AM
    RIM dropped the ball here. You send out a anticipated new tablet but only send out the cheapest model. I would have bought (2) 32 gig models today but Staples and Best Buy in Iowa, Nebraska and S. Dakota only received the 16 gig model and have no idea when they are getting the 32 gig model. What a bunch of morans. I really hope RIM reads this and fires your marketing person that set this in motion.
    04-19-11 10:57 AM
    BestBuy here only got in 1 16gb.. Went across the street to Office Depot and picked up a 64gb... I originally wanted 32gb - but who am I to argue with fate?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 10:57 AM
    The thing is ship out a few of the higher spec models to each store but shipping out none is just a **** poor judgement call.
    04-19-11 10:58 AM
    They don't run the likes of Staples and Best Buy so if those companies have decided to only stock 16gb in the stores and move people towards online for the larger models there are limits to what they can do to force them to change that policy, all people can do is go elsewhere to the stores that do stock the larger models to punish the stupidity of the other chains.
    04-19-11 11:03 AM
    RIM dropped the ball here. You send out a anticipated new tablet but only send out the cheapest model. I would have bought (2) 32 gig models today but Staples and Best Buy in Iowa, Nebraska and S. Dakota only received the 16 gig model and have no idea when they are getting the 32 gig model. What a bunch of morans. I really hope RIM reads this and fires your marketing person that set this in motion.
    It is cold and rainy in Upstate NY today, WHY DID RIM MAKE IT RAIN!!!

You people are blaming RIM for everything, the stores choose what they stock, if they thought that 16's were going to be the major seller, and likewise stocked only that model THAT IS THE STORES FAULT NOT RIM's

Bridge browser not working...Blame RIM
    Carrier charging for data...Blame RIM
    No OS update on my phone...Blame RIM
    Staple is not sending my order till Friday..RIM really screwed up
    Best Buy only sells 16gb...BLAME RIM

Really people THINK!!!

Sorry, end rant...
    Speczorz likes this.
    04-19-11 11:03 AM
    My local BB received 16gb and 32gb models. Mine was the only 32gb preorder at the store. Seemed to be a bunch of 16gb preorders. Maybe BB planned the 16 to be in higher demand.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 11:05 AM
    I spoke with the general manager of the best buy in Sioux Falls, SD and he told me that it was "RIM's decision not to ship out the 32 and 64 gig models" not the store. The manager told me they asked for higher spec models but were denied and told to sell the 16 gig models.

In the end who really cares. Rim just saved me $1300.
    04-19-11 11:09 AM
    Walked into Future shop this morning and got a 64gb.

Not sure why they only have 16gb in the states
    04-19-11 11:11 AM
    I spoke with the general manager of the best buy in Sioux Falls, SD and he told me that it was "RIM's decision not to ship out the 32 and 64 gig models" not the store. The manager told me they asked for higher spec models but were denied and told to sell the 16 gig models.

In the end who really cares. Rim just saved me $1300.
    Not buying that, if that was the case then all of the stores would only be carrying 16's and that is not true. And I don't believe much that comes form most BB employees anyways.
    04-19-11 11:12 AM
    Office Depot has the 64gb units, I got one.
    04-19-11 11:12 AM
    Office Depot has the 64gb units, I got one.
    I hear they are stocking many 64's, wish I had one close to me.
    04-19-11 11:14 AM
    That sounds like somebody passing the buck, he would hardly want to admit that his company decided to limit the larger models to online orders when he can just as easily blame rim instead.
    04-19-11 11:16 AM
    Ok so I tried Staples, Best Buy and Frys this morning here around Sunnyvale/San Jose. I got nothing.

I'm pissed! If anyone knows of a place here in Silicon Valley that actually has 32GB models let me know!
    04-19-11 12:51 PM
    2 of the best buys in North Texas: 1 had 10 16gb and the other had 16gb and 32gb - about 8 of each. I went to Office depot - they had 3: 2 16gb and 1 64gb. Well now only the 16gb models - I got the 64 gb. I went to the BB store where I preordered my 64 to cancell it. I got some ugly glares from employees. I said if you don't have the product I want, I will go else where AND I DID
    04-19-11 12:59 PM
    It has nothing to do with RIM. Stores order their stock. I'm in a small city in Canada and the BestBuy has all three versions in stock. Blame the store manager, not RIM.
    04-19-11 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD