No "update all" button for App world. Is anyone else annoyed at trying to update one app at a time? The annoying ones are the ones at the bottom of the list, they take forever to get to when you have a bunch of apps loaded and the screen always jumps to the top. Not sure if this is going to happen on a future update as this button is not available on my Torch with updating apps, but it is definitely on my wish list! What are all your thoughts?
    05-12-11 05:59 PM
    I would love this on both the PlayBook and my BlackBerry.
    05-12-11 06:47 PM
    And hopefully, sorting by app name, what a total mess if you have more than 10 apps...
    05-12-11 07:46 PM
    And hopefully, sorting by app name, what a total mess if you have more than 10 apps...
    What! is that someone complaining about too many apps on a playbook that i hear? LOL
    05-12-11 11:10 PM
    What! is that someone complaining about too many apps on a playbook that i hear? LOL
    Not about too many apps, about the lack of organization the software has, there is no sorting anywhere, not even when browsing through app categories. Smartphone's appworld has sorting.

I also want folders in the homescreen, thats mess #2, bunch of disorganized icons that jump to the bottom every time they are updated

I have mostly games though lol, talk about the professional tablet when app world consists of games mostly, there are only a handful of useful utilities, the rest are just bleeh... and thats just right now, because i kinda had the whole app world in the playbook the day i bought it lol
    Last edited by gbsn; 05-12-11 at 11:21 PM.
    05-12-11 11:15 PM
    Its not really necessary since you dont leave app world when updating an app or multiple apps. For iOS yes because it does leave the app store and you'd have to reopen it which is a pain in my opinion.
    05-12-11 11:31 PM
    Its not really necessary since you dont leave app world when updating an app or multiple apps. For iOS yes because it does leave the app store and you'd have to reopen it which is a pain in my opinion.
    Take 30+ apps, then start updating apps randomly spread through the list with no organization at all, then it becomes annoying because each time you press update, it takes you to the top, then you have to start scrolling again carefully looking until you see another app that needs updating. Its quite annoying when all of a sudden ~7 apps need updating, since its kind of a trend, RIM approves updates in batches.

But im more in pro of sorting rather than an update all button anyways, and bring up to the top of the list those apps that need attention.
    Last edited by gbsn; 05-12-11 at 11:48 PM.
    05-12-11 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD