Blackberry Playbook back on sale for $199.99 at many US stores - BerryReview
    bestbuy.com, walmart.com, officedepot.com, staples.com
    16gb - $199
    32gb - $250 and $299(at staples i think)
    64gb - $399

and walmart has bundles on the 32gb and 64gb (rpid charger, convertible case, desktop charger stand) for $329 and $429

i just bought a 32gb from walmart but looking back the best one for your money is 64gb @ walmart bundle for 429
    12-22-11 06:33 AM
    Yes, sure not as much of a news splash this time around. But, maybe everyone has just gotten used to the idea that, with the Fire on the market, $200 is now the proper price point for a 7" device.

I also find it odd that so few have commented on the fact that the Playbook is no longer even listed on Blackberry's own Shopblackberry.com web store site, which to me, at least, suggests BB may be selling out for good this time.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    12-22-11 06:53 AM
    Yes, sure not as much of a news splash this time around. But, maybe everyone has just gotten used to the idea that, with the Fire on the market, $200 is now the proper price point for a 7" device.

I also find it odd that so few have commented on the fact that the Playbook is no longer even listed on Blackberry's own Shopblackberry.com web store site, which to me, at least, suggests BB may be selling out for good this time.
    No, it means, in all likelihood, that given the issues with delivering PB's via their 3rd party guy, while everyone else (except Best Buy) delivered the goods on time, it would be safe to say they don't need anymore headaches. Staples, Office Depot, Walmart, New Egg, et al have delivered as promised PB's that were sold on their web sites, and virtually all kept an up to date status off their stock in real time, preventing a customer from actually placing an order if the item was not in stock. The 3rd party vendor, who's name eludes me at the moment, apparently was not equipped to handle the onslaught of sales that sbb generated (credit card issues, mailing address issues, etc.). It appears that all vendors minus Best Buy are more adept at internet sales, hence the abscence of complaints of failure to deliver.
    curvezzz and oldtimeBBaddict like this.
    12-22-11 07:39 AM
    Having spent a day playing around with my new Kindle Fire, there is no comparison in my opinion. The advantage for me with the Kindle is Netflix and my 1 month free Amazon Prime. Other than that, nothing. The Kindle is kinda cool, yet kinda......toy-like?

Been loving the sales! I got my wife and two kids each a 16g and have (hopefully) a 64g coming from Best Buy (back ordered).

$200 might be the "going" price for 7" tablets right now, but I've never regretted paying the full $500 for mine that first week.
    12-22-11 07:55 AM
    i understand that its becoming second nature to find these things at lower prices now but the last sale wasnt a big holiday sale when they posted about the 32gb's for $250 on ebay that i and others scrambled to buy.
    this is the first real sale on 32gbs at this prices and bundles.
    i still see threads all over the net about people having order issues and out of stock problems.

plus who cares as long as it helps get more crackberry fiends out there to come to the dark side then thats all that matters

nah its a great tab that alot of people are curious about but not sure....ive had over 5 friends (bb and nonbb users) pick it up for themselves or as a holiday gift just due to the price and a few words about ti from me.

the more people who have it, the more people will look into bb/playbook, the more developing goes on, the more we smile when we use it lol
    12-23-11 03:42 PM
    i definitely only bought it because of the price. the future for the playbook doesn't look good but for $200, meh. when the biggest selling point for it is because its just really cheap, well...
    12-23-11 03:45 PM
    i dont think its the fact that it doesnt have selling points but for the majority of buyers its simply blackberry vs android vs apple
    naturally most will get something to match their phone and a majority of consumers dont really care about the specs except size, space, apps and am i gonna like it like my phone?
    other than which os it runs and price...as long as it works they dont feel screwed.

ive run off features of all os's/tabs to many friends and the cons too and its always "ooo u can do that on a tab? or it does that too?" no matter what the brand/os lol

people bought touchpads cuz of price, they bought playbooks cuz of price

(this statement is of course not in reference to those of us who are more into tech, mobile, specs and the finer details of things)

and also people see the os on the playbook and say "i woulda stayed with blackberry if it was like this on the phones"
    12-23-11 03:50 PM
    those package deals@walmart i find pretty good. As soon as i have some extra $ i will buy my kids one. I might get one fire and one pb since my oldest loves to read and has a kindle now.
    12-23-11 03:57 PM
    i dont think its the fact that it doesnt have selling points but for the majority of buyers its simply blackberry vs android vs apple
    naturally most will get something to match their phone and a majority of consumers dont really care about the specs except size, space, apps and am i gonna like it like my phone?
    other than which os it runs and price...as long as it works they dont feel screwed.

ive run off features of all os's/tabs to many friends and the cons too and its always "ooo u can do that on a tab? or it does that too?" no matter what the brand/os lol

(this statement is of course not in reference to those of us who are more into tech, mobile, specs and the finer details of things)

and also people see the os on the playbook and say "i woulda stayed with blackberry if it was like this on the phones"
    Yeah, I'm in the boat that agrees with your last sentence, I don't like the phone OS at this time compared to others. If the phone OS is supposed to be similar to PB then I'll switch phones, my android phone doesn't run that great, but it runs better than my pearl with OS 4.xx did.
    12-23-11 04:02 PM
    now for sale in Europe for Euro 199 as well
    12-23-11 04:08 PM

i disagree. i started off with loving my blackberry but the last one i think i had was the 8520 i believe it was? after i got my iphone, there was no looking back. i bought a playbook and that certainly has NOT made any striving lasting impression to want to lead me back to blackberry at all. if anything its even more of a deterrent with how RIM is pretty much completely mismanaging the changeover.
    12-23-11 04:10 PM
    I share many of your opinions, the future of the PB does not look bright.

I was looking for an inexpensive 7inch - light - tablet at the best quality, for doing:
    - web mail
    - web browsing
    - youtube
    - movies
    - some games - but not a big gamer
    - remote desktop to some Windows servers
    - reading some comics and graphic novels (well as much as a 7 inch screen can...)

For serious reading I love my KIndle 3, for music I love my iPod Touch.

At $199 the PB 16 Gig is an incredible buy in my books, whatever happens to it. I will get my money's worth no doubt! It fills ALL my needs and more.
    fj_cruiser likes this.
    12-23-11 04:14 PM
    No, it means, in all likelihood, that given the issues with delivering PB's via their 3rd party guy, while everyone else (except Best Buy) delivered the goods on time, it would be safe to say they don't need anymore headaches. Staples, Office Depot, Walmart, New Egg, et al have delivered as promised PB's that were sold on their web sites, and virtually all kept an up to date status off their stock in real time, preventing a customer from actually placing an order if the item was not in stock. The 3rd party vendor, who's name eludes me at the moment, apparently was not equipped to handle the onslaught of sales that sbb generated (credit card issues, mailing address issues, etc.). It appears that all vendors minus Best Buy are more adept at internet sales, hence the abscence of complaints of failure to deliver.
    No, the site Shopblackberry.com is RIM owned. GlobalWare is just the agent RIM pays to operate the "store." RIM makes all decisions as what to sell, how to sell it, at what price and subject to what policies. Even the copyright of the material on the site is owned by RIM.

During the "firesale," RIM ran out of 16GB Playbooks. Too many orders had been taken, and, rather than acknowledging this and issuing rainchecks or something, RIM thought it was limiting its liability and keeping its options open by instructing Global to blame the screwup on the customers. (Probably bad advice by some RIM attorney, who was looking for a way to put the customer in violation of the store's customer agreement.) RIM may have been internally deciding whether even to get new stock, too. Blew up on them--RIM now has a class action lawsuit to contend with. You'll notice that while everyone else was blaming Global, RIM never did. That's because Global followed RIM's instructions throughout. No point in us shooting the messenger, here.

A sinister explanation for the present odd omission is that RIM is selling out its remaining Playbook stock and not getting more, so for obvious reasons prefers its own store not to be involved.
    12-23-11 04:36 PM
    Guys What???
    The Playbook is still for sale at Shopblackberry
    BlackBerryPlayBook - RIM US
    12-23-11 04:46 PM
    Guys What???
    The Playbook is still for sale at Shopblackberry
    BlackBerryPlayBook - RIM US
    Well, what do you know! Wierd. I had checked a day ago, and the Playbook was still gone, just accessories on Shopblackberry; and now the Playbook is there and at the sale prices. This is great for those unable to find stock at local stores (but no help with Christmas presents, I'm afraid). Hopefully, it means RIM has decided to continue with the Playbook, at least for now.
    12-23-11 05:00 PM
    those package deals@walmart i find pretty good. As soon as i have some extra $ i will buy my kids one. I might get one fire and one pb since my oldest loves to read and has a kindle now.
    yea i bought a 16gb from sprint originally @220 with shipping and tax (everyone else was sold out)
    then a 32gb on ebay(buy.com) @250
    those two have been returned for walmarts 32gb w/bundle for 330

BUT if you can get a 32gb for 250 and buy those same accessories @ staples for 13.50 a piece? ud save even more...my staples doesnt carry anything but the playbook itself so i was screwed.

or if you can swing it the 64gb deal @ walmart is the best bang for your buck

Yeah, I'm in the boat that agrees with your last sentence, I don't like the phone OS at this time compared to others. If the phone OS is supposed to be similar to PB then I'll switch phones, my android phone doesn't run that great, but it runs better than my pearl with OS 4.xx did.
    alot of past blackberry users and recent converts AWAY from bb seem to feel this way too (even many current bb owners waiting to jump soon)

i was planning on jumpin to android if the new bbx/10 phones in jan-march didnt meet what i wanted...now those are being pushed till mid-end 12? only reason im sticking around is all this buying n returning ive done with the playbook (the hassle and pb itself make me want to stick it out a little longer)

i disagree. i started off with loving my blackberry but the last one i think i had was the 8520 i believe it was? after i got my iphone, there was no looking back. i bought a playbook and that certainly has NOT made any striving lasting impression to want to lead me back to blackberry at all. if anything its even more of a deterrent with how RIM is pretty much completely mismanaging the changeover.
    see mostly the people who feel that way tho are people looking for apps whether games, work, utility etc. we all know yes theres apps there but not enuff and not many that are wanted by the masses.
    all the tools n power n ability is there with the playbook (which is also a huge indication into the phones futures) it just needs to be used and implemented by the right devs and companies and the only way to do that at this point is to get this thing out to as many people as possible by any means and to make sure there are no more backsteps in bringing android, os2, apps and native PIM functions. if they dont do those right, bb is lookin to only really live outside the us in other countries.

I share many of your opinions, the future of the PB does not look bright.

I was looking for an inexpensive 7inch - light - tablet at the best quality, for doing:
    - web mail
    - web browsing
    - youtube
    - movies
    - some games - but not a big gamer
    - remote desktop to some Windows servers
    - reading some comics and graphic novels (well as much as a 7 inch screen can...)

For serious reading I love my KIndle 3, for music I love my iPod Touch.

At $199 the PB 16 Gig is an incredible buy in my books, whatever happens to it. I will get my money's worth no doubt! It fills ALL my needs and more.
    i feel thats what most people are lookin at tabs for...as a luxury/convenience item. a stripped down laptop thats easy to pocket or carry around and does general web related stuff, some apps for fun and regular stuff like music streaming, video streaming etc.

toilet, bed, couch lounging, in the car for a passenger, easier way to manage emails n such and just to make things a little easier on the eyes and senses to use than their phone at times.
    12-23-11 06:10 PM
    and why the cant we have some 3g bbx/10 phones in the meantime to hold off until the lte chipped ones are ready?

so what if verizon says no to non lte phones...theres 3 other major carriers and prolly 100's of smaller ones that are waiting for better than we have. not to mention since when has anyone heard of a company only sticking to 4g....what about all the non smart phones and everything they have running on 3g still?

they CAN make a phone to fill in the gap bb os 7 started a baby step time to take a jump and put a band aid on the us market bleed of BB
    12-23-11 06:13 PM
    So why are you still here, spreading your "good cheer?" Isn't there a forum you would rather be in where you can praise whatever it is you think is praiseworthy, and be able to post positive things, as opposed to your near 100% of negative postings you have her?. It seems to me that you're a very unhappy person, miserable in your own skin, and you have this need to share that misery with a forum that is for supporters of RIM?
    AggreX and braindigger like this.
    12-24-11 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD