Okay so I may not be the best thumb typer on the planet i will admit that right off the bat. But i just dont understand how i can type away on my ipod all day long with a virtual keyboard about a quarter of the size of the one on my playbook. The intuative software on that thing is amazing and when you do make a mistake it is very easily correctable. I type a whole paragraph and have a couple of mistakes.

I move over to my playbook and type something and as I said i am not a great typer and suffer a bit of dislexia but about half the words are wrong. On top of that you have to align this stupid litle arrow in the exact right spot to fix a word . if you had a delete as well as a backspace it wouldnt much matter as it is fixable no matter where that little arow decides where it wants to go .

The combination of having such terrible intuative software and they dont even bother giving you a delete key makes me throw the playbook to one side if i want to enter anything on a forum like this. I just use the ipod browser as it is way faster as i dont have to sit trying to fix mistakes .

it is a little frustrating as I love my playbook and use it as a second screen all the time when watching Tv etc . I just am frustrated because adding a delete key seems like such an easy fix if they arent going to bother with a better intuative software

Anyone else share this frustration ?
    05-17-13 10:37 AM
    Keyboard is definitely better than iOS by far, but the PB keyboard is first gen, and is glitchy. Wait for the update to BB10 and it will be flawless.
    I've had so many issues with iOS keyboards, I don't even want to start.
    I hate to point this out, but i'm fairly certain no other mobile/tablet OS has a delete button, so it is unreasonable to complain specifically about BBRY in this aspect. Sure, it will be super nice to have it, however, on a touch screen there is limited space on the keyboard.
    You also do realize there is word prediction on the PB which should help you out a lot. Even with typos, it will catch what you want to type most of the time
    swanibs likes this.
    05-17-13 10:45 AM
    When Blackberry 10 becomes available for the Playbook you will get a much better onscreen keyboard, along with a key combination that emulates a traditional keyboard's "delete" key.

Re: iPod keyboards, kind of ironic given that for decades no Apple computers had a backspace key, only a delete key.
    05-17-13 10:45 AM
    The keyboard and cursor movement should have been fixed long before we get, if we get, bb10 on the pb. Why couldn't they have at least placed the ? and apostrophe on the keyboard or on the PERIOD or COMMA keys.
    05-17-13 12:28 PM
    The keyboard and cursor movement should have been fixed long before we get, if we get, bb10 on the pb. Why couldn't they have at least placed the ? and apostrophe on the keyboard or on the PERIOD or COMMA keys.
    Yeah I have to admit that having to switch modes to type a question-mark or apostrophe is kind of bizarre. At least the Q10 and Q5 smartphones don't have that problem.
    05-18-13 06:15 AM