I havent checked them all, but nbc.com streaming works like a charm on the PB. Why the need for Hulu to work if you can just go directly to the source?
    04-23-11 07:49 PM
    for recent stuff yes, but most sites only have the last 3-5 episodes. hulu has many older programs and whole seasons
    04-23-11 07:55 PM
    I am not really clamoring for the Hulu app. I just want a Netflix one. Actually, that is not too big of a deal as well, but I would like for some of those so-called "brand name" apps to come to the PB.
    04-23-11 08:02 PM
    for recent stuff yes, but most sites only have the last 3-5 episodes. hulu has many older programs and whole seasons
    Gotcha, i dont fall behind like that, so i didnt know that difference. Makes sense though.
    04-23-11 08:53 PM
    This thread got me excited to watch videos on this thing cause Hulu is not available for Canadians. Tried this site and doesn't work for us too. Damn. Oh well.
    04-23-11 10:34 PM
    I've never used Hulu since it's not allowed in Canada but seems like that's where all of you go to stream shows. Has anyone tried the service from Amazon?
    04-23-11 10:59 PM
    you can still watch hulu here
    http://playbookrevolution.com
    Its an easy work around.
    04-23-11 11:02 PM
    04-23-11 11:10 PM
    you can still watch hulu here
    BlackBerry Playbook Revolution
    Its an easy work around.
    Sites like that rarely last long, as soon as Hulu reads about it they will put pressure on the owner to take it down.
    04-23-11 11:31 PM
    Try Crackle. Crackle works just fine here in the United States. The Playbook rocks!
    brento likes this.
    04-23-11 11:42 PM
    Sites like that rarely last long, as soon as Hulu reads about it they will put pressure on the owner to take it down.

+1 on your statement. While I do appreciate the work the person has put into making a workaround available, I don't think it will be long until something is said about that site. Hopefully not, but I am not feeling too confident about it.
    04-23-11 11:42 PM

Im the owner and there is nothing they wont do anything, its completely legal.
    04-23-11 11:46 PM
    Im the owner and there is nothing they wont do anything, its completely legal.
    I did not look at your signature. But regarding the legality of the site - it may seem legal but if they blocked the service from the device then any attempt by anyone to make the service available on the device is going against Hulu's original decision to not allow their service on the device.

As someone said above it's good that you are giving the masses an alternative way around. But it's a risky move with these top players.
    04-23-11 11:52 PM
    The only thing they can do is contact godaddy and then godaddy would temporarily shut the site down. But im not infringing on any copyrights or TOS as far as I know (unless its specifically listed in their TOS that the Playbook can't be used) and if it is listed then once again it's not illegal until they ask me to remove and I refuse.
    04-24-11 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD