Actually, that "update" is supposedly to be released before they trick us with BB10 coming to PlayBook... that's why it doesn't really addressed important issues... so, to lessen the suspicion that BB10 will not come to PlayBook, they halted it release... so, why they released it now? what to do it right now?... instead of deleting it, they released it... afterall, it is already finished and available since then...

Posted via Z10
    Well that's wrong because the build date for it was in late July I believe..

Member of Squircle of Trust!
    09-16-13 06:58 PM
    Since the download is to solid state storage it may not be possible to delete pieces of old code and insert snippets of new code.. Thus the procedure may be to dump the the old OS and replace it with the new. Since this seems to bother a lot of people perhaps some one who really understands the process might clear this up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    RIM has released PB updates that were very small, maybe 20MB file size, hence what you are saying is not correct. The question is still unanswered, why was the file size 397MB for a security update? Anyway, it seems to me they dropped all work on the PB to focus on BBM for IOS and Android as if that's gonna save BlackBerry. One thing I do know is they better get it right least they become the a further laughing stock of every non BB user.
    09-17-13 12:55 AM
    I suspect that the small updates that you're referring to are app updates, not OS updates.
    09-17-13 01:23 AM
    RIM has released PB updates that were very small, maybe 20MB file size, hence what you are saying is not correct. The question is still unanswered, why was the file size 397MB for a security update? Anyway, it seems to me they dropped all work on the PB to focus on BBM for IOS and Android as if that's gonna save BlackBerry. One thing I do know is they better get it right least they become the a further laughing stock of every non BB user.
    Thought that certain pieces might be separated out for update for example if only the flash version is being changed this would require only working on that piece of the code and the update would be small. My point was that if you are only going to do a little bit but in many places in the code you would probably have a big update. An example of a small update was the fairly small one needed to tack on a couple of missing things to the leaked version of the last update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    09-17-13 01:30 AM
    why not, I received win98 updates long after it was shelved. no longer supported but still got the odd update.
    09-17-13 07:30 AM
    why not, I received win98 updates long after it was shelved. no longer supported but still got the odd update.
    The updates may have been for a piece of the system, say .Net framework or some other component from Microsoft but they wouldn't have been for the operating system itself. Heck, use Windows Updates on a Windows 2000 machine now and you'll probably get a pile of updates pull down, though most of them will be quite old.
    09-17-13 07:44 AM
    Well that's wrong because the build date for it was in late July I believe..
    I guess you are right...

Unless somebody in power intentionally instructed someone below to change the build date... just to make it currency...

Posted via Z10
    09-17-13 10:52 AM
    What difference would that make average Joe smoe.. doesn't know about build dates or anything..

Member of Squircle of Trust!
    09-17-13 03:28 PM
    mine was updated just to give me more problems apparently
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-17-13 05:23 PM
34 12