Hi
    I've had my Playbook for about four years. Last week it appeared to have reset itself, starting the setup procedure I went through when I first bought it: language, time zone, etc.

When it comes to selecting my country the list of options is not populated, and I cannot proceed. I believe I am connected to a wireless network - the time, date, and time zone are correct - but the fact that the list is empty makes me wonder.

I bought the device in Canada but I'm currently traveling in the States - could that be a problem?

There are some pictures and documents I'd like to retrieve. I'm currently in Phoenix AZ - is there a person or a shop here I should know about?

Thanks

Gord
    11-25-15 02:25 PM
    You might want to try a different wifi in case there is a problem with the wifi.

Since it reset itself and you are back at the setup, your files are lost unless you have a backup of the Playbook that you can restore to it after you get the initial setup completed.
    11-25-15 03:30 PM
    Hi
    I've had my Playbook for about four years. Last week it appeared to have reset itself, starting the setup procedure I went through when I first bought it: language, time zone, etc.

When it comes to selecting my country the list of options is not populated, and I cannot proceed. I believe I am connected to a wireless network - the time, date, and time zone are correct - but the fact that the list is empty makes me wonder.

I bought the device in Canada but I'm currently traveling in the States - could that be a problem?

There are some pictures and documents I'd like to retrieve. I'm currently in Phoenix AZ - is there a person or a shop here I should know about?

Thanks

Gord
    Same problem. When I got to that screen, I hit the power button and selected Restart and it seemed to fix the issue. I am in Canada and purchased the device in Canada so not sure why this happened. I noticed that during the initial setup, I was not prompted to accept the license agreement or enter my BBID but after restart I was.
    Binarycrab likes this.
    01-04-16 10:49 AM