I tried charging my blackberry playbook today. The tablet hasn't been used in some time, it was my aunt's and she gave it to me but i don't really know how to use it. I tried using some tutorials on yt but i can't even turn it on to get started. When i plug it, it flashes from time to time (red led and sometimes yellow led) and even though i left it 2 hours to charge it won't turn on. Any ideas ?
    04-13-17 01:07 PM
    04-13-17 01:16 PM
    Just pulled out three PBs left in drawer for a few years and they all charged up. These babes are well built. Enjoy.
    04-15-17 07:53 AM
    Let's say that the battery in one of these playbooks were to die completely. How difficult would it be to have them replaced? Especially since they are no longer being made.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 06:33 PM
    hi.
    from what i have seen it is not easy nor cheap to replace it with the new battery. it might be cheaper to but a new BB PB from one f the vendors on amazon or ebay.
    However, try she me "revival" techniques which may help to brink PB back to live.
    many of those tricks do really work and some we officialy sugested by BB.
    04-20-17 07:48 PM
    I stack charged my Playbook the other day because I was getting 5 rapid yellow light blinks and it wouldn't boot up, except for once when I let it sit on the magnetic charger for about an hour. Battery wouldn't charge past 0%, and now it won't boot or give me even the blinking LEDS. Ordered a replacement off Amazon yesterday for 50 bucks. Will arrive Friday. It's ridiculous, I had to replace my Passport 2 weeks ago due to the SOS hardware fault, now I had to replace my Playbook right after. Thankfully neither are nearly as expensive as when first purchased. But the PB lasted 4 years and the PP lasted 2, which is pretty good in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 01:07 PM
    I stack charged my Playbook the other day because I was getting 5 rapid yellow light blinks and it wouldn't boot up, except for once when I let it sit on the magnetic charger for about an hour. Battery wouldn't charge past 0%, and now it won't boot or give me even the blinking LEDS. Ordered a replacement off Amazon yesterday for 50 bucks. Will arrive Friday. It's ridiculous, I had to replace my Passport 2 weeks ago due to the SOS hardware fault, now I had to replace my Playbook right after. Thankfully neither are nearly as expensive as when first purchased. But the PB lasted 4 years and the PP lasted 2, which is pretty good in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    I'll take your old one.

Posted via CB10
    melander likes this.
    06-01-17 06:11 AM
    I'll take your old one.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think so! Turns out my magnetic charge stand was the issue. Now I have two Playbooks, one for media (been using the old one in the car for music for several months), and one exclusively for making music with Caustic, Pacemaker, Morph-Wiz Play, and Nodebeat!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-17 08:05 PM
    It was worth a shot.
    07-15-17 01:18 AM