Why oh why must updating the PB via DM be so slow!? I am updating via DM because the last time I updated through DM, it seemingly solved the issues I was having with backing up and WiFi as opposed to an OTA update.... It has been 15 minutes and look at where the progress bar is... smh.

Isn't this supposed to be a very small update? Is the PB re-downloading the entire OS?
    12-09-11 05:47 PM
    Could it be the limitations of USB file transfer rates? I haven't come across a similar issue, but, it does sound as if it is annoying the #*$! out of you... I don't blame you...
    12-09-11 07:44 PM
    When you get OLDER, sonny, you have less time for things overall but you have more patience.

I do hope it runs to completion and accomplishes what you wanted.
    12-09-11 08:12 PM
    I've done it a few times, just because lol. But one time would take forever and the next not bad. Maybe the servers are swamped. Or is just the installation part?
    12-09-11 08:14 PM
    When you get OLDER, sonny, you have less time for things overall but you have more patience.

I do hope it runs to completion and accomplishes what you wanted.
    Lol... I suppose...

It took almost an hour... Now i'm having issues with WiFi... *sigh* it's gonna be a long night

Pages won't load and my computer can't make a connection with my PB through WiFi sharing. Looks like I'm gonna be doing another wipe.

Thank God exams are done...

EDIT: Looks like it was my router that was malfunctioning. I reset it and my PlayBook is back on my good side!
    Last edited by bounce007; 12-09-11 at 08:49 PM.
    12-09-11 08:20 PM
    Oh, I was going to suggest that after a wipe, you have to re-establish the Wifi sharing, etc stuff otherwise it appears to not be working - ask the ol' guy how he knows (panic attack!)
    12-09-11 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD