12-31-11 07:29 PM
39 12
tools
    This is no longer a con, the Kik messenger is available on all iOS devices and Android, so is Ping chat. Both of these apps can be side loaded on the Playbook running the Beta 2.0 and work.

Also I agree with all your pros.
    Good to know, I'm an avid KIK messenger user too!
    12-24-11 12:26 AM
    tonight has been my first real opportunity to play with it much..(it is for me a toy, no business use intended..or allowed ) I must say the speakers are amazing for such a small device and the screen is just as amazing, i was watching a HD trailer for The Hobbit on YouTube and was quite impressed.. now if I could just get Netflix... I think I am gonna load some music and see how it sounds..

I will have to look into loading the market again now that I know I don't have to load the android player from the multiple tutorials online..
    12-24-11 12:41 AM
    12-24-11 12:44 AM
    what are some of the hope of good things to come? Like I said for what I paid I am willing to give it some time to grow on me especially if there are some gooodies coming..

I have the 2.0 beta installed and couldn't tell the difference from the stock version to the 2.0 beta what else are they planning on adding?
    Speculation on my part. I personally don't care as it works for me as is. Like whats been said previously, there are a lot of threads on the subject. Many are looking forward to it, but some dread it coming as it could be a great update, which would ruin their dreams of a failed PB.
    12-24-11 12:54 AM
    i know you have all heard this before but seriously...what is up with the almost recessed power button..
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-24-11 01:01 AM
    tonight has been my first real opportunity to play with it much..(it is for me a toy, no business use intended..or allowed ) I must say the speakers are amazing for such a small device and the screen is just as amazing, i was watching a HD trailer for The Hobbit on YouTube and was quite impressed.. now if I could just get Netflix...
    Check out this thread, the first post, and the 3rd post.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...lidays-680898/

I will have to look into loading the market again now that I know I don't have to load the android player from the multiple tutorials online..
    You need to be rooted for the Android Market to work, if you didn't already know.
    12-24-11 01:02 AM
    i know you have all heard this before but seriously...what is up with the almost recessed power button..
    Its a strange flaw on the PB that has been critically reviewed and somewhat annoying until one gets used to using it. Mine is usually on standby by simply using the battery icon options and I only use the power button if a complete restart is needed. Newer versions of the PB reportedly have slightly improved power buttons.
    12-24-11 01:32 AM
    12-24-11 01:52 AM

You need to be rooted for the Android Market to work, if you didn't already know.
    i know there are probably other thread for this but (long story omitted) I am having issues with getting rooted with the beta installed if i downgrade then root will installing the 2.0 beta un-root me?
    12-24-11 02:06 AM
    guys don't you do any research before buying stuff? There is tons of info available but you guys keep on sending posts about how disappointing the pb is, i am puzzled
    12-24-11 10:15 AM
    i say keep it til 2.0 and if u feel the same by then u can probably sell it for more since it'll be able to do more awesome things.

i personally cant wait... i know Santa clause is not comin down my chimney this weekend but for sure my doors and windows will be open in Feb.
    12-24-11 11:44 AM
    I paid $249 for my 32gb playbook, I got it because of the hardware specs. That alone makes it worth it. Now only if RIM would flip Hulu the bird and fix the browser so it will work with free Hulu. I might not consider rooting it.
    12-31-11 06:49 PM
    MY friend was also on the same complaint oh this is basically a very niceweb browser music player ect. no good apps like his Android.(which he downloaded all free apps)
    So I told him hmmm you got that playbook for $200 shipped, so why not spend $30 dollars and actually buy some good apps that are available.
    well he spent around $33 dollars in apps and now the playbook is like his
    cell phone he cant leave home without it he really loves his playbook now
    and once Netflix works it will be complete.
    12-31-11 07:20 PM
    another moronic thread....you bought the playbook that is why you keep it, next time do some homework before you buy something..........
    12-31-11 07:29 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD