Hi

Haven't used PB for over a month.
    Now I have been trying to charge for couple of days but nothing is working.

I don't have original wall charger (broken). So I use the charger that I use for Q10, which was all right for both Q10 and PB before.
    But now, whether I use wall charger or connect to PC it will not charge.
    When connected , PC will start, red battery icon with lighting will appear but it will be always 0%. No matter how long I charge it.

What can I do here? Anybody can help?
    10-20-14 02:47 AM
    10-20-14 02:59 AM
    From memory I believe the standard phone charger and pc usb ports will not supply sufficient current to charge the PB. I think the optional phone charger is rated the same as the PB standard charger.
    10-23-14 01:37 PM
    You likely need to "stack" charge. Lots of threads already on this, have a look.

Basically the preybook needs enough of a charge in order to be able to charge. Stupid design but it is what it is. By leaving without a charge for too long the battery is now too dead to charge.

Some things are better left dead.
    10-23-14 02:51 PM
    Stack charge is the answer, it's a pain but it's what you gotta do. I actually bought a pb off someone for 50$, it was mint condition but the seller thought it was broken because it wouldn't charge so I bought it for parts and voila, stack charged and working like new!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 02:56 PM
    Yup as above here's another vote for stack charging. It's a pain. Takes patience but ive revived three pbs using that method

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    10-23-14 02:58 PM
    I was told I had to stack charge as my battery was below 2 percent and would not charge. Turns out that all I had to do was try another rapid charger and that worked.

So if your battery is below 2 or 3 percent, it is not necessarily true that you have to stack charge.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 12:36 PM
    Seriously, pick up a blackberry rapid charger. My Playbook dropped to 0 percent battery. Plugged into rapid charger and in a couple hours it was back to 100 full. They are available on ebay cheap...worth it. Reading around the posts, it seems using the rapid BlackBerry pb charger is the consistent way to go.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 10:44 PM
    Just get the proper charger, don't need to stack charge unless the correct charger doesn't work. Try looking for the magnetic rapid charger made for the playbook

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    mh1983 likes this.
    10-28-14 11:15 PM
    I bought the magnetic travel charger. Charged my PB in 2 hours ~5 times. Awesome. Now nothing. I fear my PB days are numbered. My PB simply will not accept a charge. Dwindling slowly now down to 15%!
    11-03-14 03:07 PM
    Wow sorry to hear, sounds like a new battery is needed. Do a search here I remember someone posted success on a DIY job

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1016
    11-03-14 04:05 PM
    Wow sorry to hear, sounds like a new battery is needed. Do a search here I remember someone posted success on a DIY job

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1016
    Just buy another. Easier than messing with battery changes, and probably little difference in cost.

If another is wanted, that is.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 05:25 PM
    I bought the magnetic travel charger. Charged my PB in 2 hours ~5 times. Awesome. Now nothing. I fear my PB days are numbered. My PB simply will not accept a charge. Dwindling slowly now down to 15%!
    Take a look at the connections. Clean and inspect for proper contact.
    11-05-14 02:26 PM
    Im doing again the stack charge, maybe for the fifth time in the past two years. The last couple of times, Im certain the battery was not depleted. I left it in the Blackberry dock at night, and it is 100% in the morning, always in stand-in. Then, when I removed it from the dock, it turned-off, and when putting back in the dock, it starts, but then it showed 0%. It does not charge, and when removed it, it turns off.
    When I put in the deck, there is a red light first, it dissapears, then a red battery with a bolt image appears, and then it dissapears, a red-yellowish light starts, and after a few seconds it boots, when it finishes, it shows 100%, green, but then it goes back to 0% red, I can use it when it is in the dock, but once I removed it, it turns off.
    When doing the stack charge, I wait until the red battery bolt dissapears, and then I removed it, and put it back, and I do it several times, I feel the back is warm, but what I need to wait for?. A pulsating green light after the red battery icon?.
    Thanks.
    11-12-14 10:58 AM