This is a first for me. I found this Canada Post free app ad advertised on the Canada Post. website. I went to download it and it says this app is not supported by your current device profile? I realize the app is for mobile devices (meaning phones), but it would be extremely useful to have one for our playbooks. I am soon to become the happy owner of 2 playbooks and see apps like this as essential.
    03-26-13 01:17 PM
    All pre-BB10 phones use a java operating system. The Playbook and BB10 are based on a QNX operating system. Therefore apps written for the Playbook and BB10 will not run on the older phones, and vice versa.

There are some good alternatives for the Playbook. My favourite is Package Tracker Pro. It is an android port but runs in the background and gives periodic updates on package progress automatically. It works for Canada Post and numerous other shippers. It costs $1.99 in Blackberry World.
    DirtySantos and castoridae like this.
    03-26-13 08:41 PM
    All pre-BB10 phones use a java operating system. The Playbook and BB10 are based on a QNX operating system. Therefore apps written for the Playbook and BB10 will not run on the older phones, and vice versa.

There are some good alternatives for the Playbook. My favourite is Package Tracker Pro. It is an android port but runs in the background and gives periodic updates on package progress automatically. It works for Canada Post and numerous other shippers. It costs $1.99 in Blackberry World.
    Thanks for this, I can go find this one !
    03-27-13 09:06 PM
    "...I realize the app is for mobile devices (meaning phones), but it would be extremely useful to have one for our playbooks."

Did ya send them a note yet asking them for it ? Good chance they along with other corp. do not have a employee hired to monitor forums wondering where the app' is/when !!

ex. look at how long it took CB to write a app' for BBPb and they actually have more than one "employee" lurking here possibly every hour

And probably 'cause the browser/website CPO version is faster (?) and fully functioned vs a app' . . . . imho

nite.
    03-27-13 11:23 PM