The main reason I bought the playbook was because of its size and portability. Its so perfect in my hand and I can even type with my thumbs on landscape mode. You can't really do that with ipad. With the landscape mode the website fonts are perfect and I don't even need to zoom in and out.

The second reason is the playbook browser capability. It's like you are browsing using a computer.

Third reason is multitasking... Slacker radio running in the background while browsing is so perfect.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    04-14-12 08:30 PM
    You must have small hands because I'm typing just fine in landscape as I just pull the on screen keyboard to the sides and it splits in half for each thumb to type with.

Ps. I am also listening to music while I type this and in a few minutes I'm going to fire up the global tv app to watch the episode of the firm I missed.
    04-14-12 08:41 PM
    You must have small hands because I'm typing just fine in landscape as I just pull the on screen keyboard to the sides and it splits in half for each thumb to type with.

Ps. I am also listening to music while I type this and in a few minutes I'm going to fire up the global tv app to watch the episode of the firm I missed.
    All the while browsing the playbook crackberry forum - go figure.
    04-14-12 08:43 PM
    All the while browsing the playbook crackberry forum - go figure.
    Why is that so surprising? I am curious if rim ever updates the playbook or if actual big name apps will be put in app world as I did own a playbook for a few days and returned it - good hardware, lack of solid software.
    04-14-12 08:48 PM
    The main reason I bought the playbook was because of its size and portability. Its so perfect in my hand and I can even type with my thumbs on landscape mode. You can't really do that with ipad. With the landscape mode the website fonts are perfect and I don't even need to zoom in and out.

The second reason is the playbook browser capability. It's like you are browsing using a computer.

Third reason is multitasking... Slacker radio running in the background while browsing is so perfect.
    Yeah, I find the size and shape of the PB perfect. The "intelligent" design BB put into the PB is followed through with the shape and texture of the PB. The rubberized back, blocked ends and the tiny amount of ridge on the face edge allow my thumb to keep a secure hold and the rubberized back keeps the PB from slipping out from my fingers. The rubberized back also allows the PB to sit securely on a hard surface without sliding around.

I find the browser to be quite excellent. It's like surfing the web on my PC. And the multitasking/app switching is the best ever created for portable devices. I used to think WebOS had the best multitasking/app switching until I discovered the Playbook's version. This style of multitasking/app switching is so good that Android is copying it in IceCreamSandwich. But still the PB version is so much better.
    04-14-12 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD