Quoted by Superfly_FR, T. Heins wrote :

And this is how users are feeling (those who are not fanboys and/or have a social/professional life) :

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/16/te...nted=all&_r=1&

For my part I started to have doubts when I had to reboot the pb in front of a friend to show him something. It hurts more when you are with someone. It took so long that I had to suggest we do something else in the meanwhile. My doubts were confirmed when I bought my Samsung 7.7, which boots in 15 seconds or so.

Then I came here and was told I risked losing guarantee if I rebooted, and also other peculiarities you hear exclusively here, like :

- On PB there are legal limitations to downloading podcasts to Europe, which happen not to exist on Windows, Mac, Android, Linux and all other OS
    - You are a troll if you want a vertical mail app to type with your thumbs on 7" tablet
    - No need for apps on a small screen, the browser is better

Sometimes I wondered if RIM didn't have special meetings in order to stop fanboys from ridiculing them.
    So you justify your argument by linking to a NY Times article that has been derided across the internet as being shallow and pathetic. If your friends are judging you on the make of your phone, then you've made some sh*tty choices in who you're hanging out with. As for professionals, try working with anyone in a government agency: BlackBerry devices as far as the eye can see. Check the US-CERT vulnerabilities list, you'll rarely see BlackBerry listed for issues. The last one listed was 2009, while Android has had multiple issues reported since then.

Besides, if you're happy with your Samsung tablet, great; use it and enjoy it. Just realise that there are some of us who enjoy using our PlayBook. No crime in either choice, and the market is large enough to support both platforms. Go post on Android Central and sing the praises of your tablet there.
    10-21-12 04:31 PM
    So you justify your argument by linking to a NY Times article that has been derided across the internet as being shallow and pathetic.
    Not to nitpick, but could you provide some examples of that "across the internet" derision? I couldn't find anything on Google, just some posts made here and RIM's own rebuttal...
    10-21-12 07:14 PM
    Not to nitpick, but could you provide some examples of that "across the internet" derision? I couldn't find anything on Google, just some posts made here and RIM's own rebuttal...
    Not for nothing but who cares. The article is lame and bringing it up to prove a point is even lamer. If you feel that people think less of you because of the phone you use, that's sad.
    10-21-12 07:30 PM
    Well I care! I tried so hard to find this 'across the internet' derision he described, and now I fear my Google-fu skills have failed me! Sensei will be so disappointed in me
    10-21-12 07:33 PM
    10-22-12 02:10 PM
80 ... 234