@amjass12
    I'm hearing what your saying.
    Especially with the developer part if for no other reason the 10k commitment will bring people in
    The end of this story has yet to be written I personally hope its a happy one and for me it doesn't have to be a messiah its just has to do what I need to do heck I'm still using a curve 8530.
    exactly.. most people will find bb10 has everything they need to do plus more ...its gonna be a pretty nice upgrade!
    esk369 likes this.
    10-19-12 07:50 AM
    exactly.. most people will find bb10 has everything they need to do plus more ...its gonna be a pretty nice upgrade!
    Unfortunately, being only a part time Fanboy, I'll believe it when I see it. So let's not start sucking updating each others Playbooks yet gentlemen.
    10-19-12 08:06 AM
    Unfortunately, being only a part time Fanboy, I'll believe it when I see it. So let's not start sucking updating each others Playbooks yet gentlemen.
    loool... its these hard times talking about it in the forum that make the wait easier...my playbook has jusst been updated.. and it was good you should giv it a go
    rotorwrench likes this.
    10-19-12 08:43 AM
    Link was broken but I found it and all I can say is wow everyone needs to listen just don't have any liquid in your mouth and make sure you empty your bladder 1st truly funny and a little sad now I know why tiger's eat their young lol.
    And I think I found a new favorite website thanks.
    10-19-12 09:26 AM
    http://www.break.com/pranks/move-a-d...ssing-save-an--2379698
    PSA MESSAGE: please help save the deer:-)
    10-19-12 09:27 AM
    For RIM to survive against the competition in 2013, BB10 should not only be good it should be excellent.

In order to be excellent in 2013, we should already be witnessing very good development in OS 2.1. But it took them several months to get the mail app to turn vertical, and then it still doesn't fully support IMAP, still has alpha-grade bugs, like suddenly asking for a password that is already correctly entered. Marginal and not yet released OS like Tizen or Firefox OS already have fully functional email. Obsolete OS like Symbian or Bada have had fully functional email for a long time.

Another totally alpha-grade and crippling bug mentioned in another thread, which happens when you delete all icons from the start screen, has been duly signaled and yet not taken into account in the release of OS 2.1, despite the important delay.

How can you expect a satisfying result from those guys when you see how they are working now ?
    10-19-12 10:25 AM
    For RIM to survive against the competition in 2013, BB10 should not only be good it should be excellent.

In order to be excellent in 2013, we should already be witnessing very good development in OS 2.1. But it took them several months to get the mail app to turn vertical, and then it still doesn't fully support IMAP, still has alpha-grade bugs, like suddenly asking for a password that is already correctly entered. Marginal and not yet released OS like Tizen or Firefox OS already have fully functional email. Obsolete OS like Symbian or Bada have had fully functional email for a long time.

Another totally alpha-grade and crippling bug mentioned in another thread, which happens when you delete all icons from the start screen, has been duly signaled and yet not taken into account in the release of OS 2.1, despite the important delay.

How can you expect a satisfying result from those guys when you see how they are working now ?
    I don't know about anyone else but for me I realize that the pb has been put on the back burner while they get the real OS, BB10, finished up for the phones and 2.1 is a bone until they get the different phone OS to work on the pb. Frustrating for sure but I've hung in this long so I might as well see it thru, not like it's killing me or I can't get something else if I wanted to.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-19-12 10:40 AM

I'd think before you type to be honest. As a previous poster stated, who cares about OS 2.X. They aren't selling any PB's right now and all the real development is going into OS 10. Spending time to update OS 2.x to appease a bunch of cry babies (me included) on a forum is kind of dumb. Whether OS 10 is going to suck or not remains to be seen. This is about all I can comment on since the rest of your post makes no sense.

You keep mentioning these old os's that are irrelivant to anything other than a phone. Might as well compare the pb to a pair of Nike's.
    10-19-12 10:50 AM
    I don't know about anyone else but for me I realize that the pb has been put on the back burner while they get the real OS, BB10, finished up for the phones and 2.1 is a bone until they get the different phone OS to work on the pb. Frustrating for sure but I've hung in this long so I might as well see it thru, not like it's killing me or I can't get something else if I wanted to.
    That would totally make sense, if it was a different OS. But putting one OS on the back burner in order to concentrate on that same OS... I don't know what that means.

Besides, the fact that they plan to deliver it months later for the tablet is suspicious. If you develop an os for 2013, you take into account large touchscreen phones, which function as small tablets. Then you only have to develop drivers for your tablets, plus a few device-specific tweaks.
    10-19-12 11:02 AM
    Maybe I am not understanding but BB10 is different from pb OS right now, BB10 apps will not work on the pb because the guts of it all has been changed so don't look at the pb OS and expect that to be on the phones, it's different inside and out.
    10-19-12 11:17 AM
    I think it's time to punch out on this one Maverick. Some folks you just can't reach.
    10-19-12 11:26 AM
    Maybe I am not understanding but BB10 is different from pb OS right now, BB10 apps will not work on the pb because the guts of it all has been changed so don't look at the pb OS and expect that to be on the phones, it's different inside and out.
    Ok, so there are two OS, both made by the same company, both based on QNX, both ultimately meant for the same device, one in development and the other one looking very much like a beta. It just happens that the OS we can see now is unsatisfying, and the OS we can't see yet will be terrific.
    10-19-12 11:57 AM
    Ok, so there are two OS, both made by the same company, both based on QNX, both ultimately meant for the same device, one in development and the other one looking very much like a beta. It just happens that the OS we can see now is unsatisfying, and the OS we can't see yet will be terrific.
    To you. Please stop generalizing.
    10-19-12 12:01 PM
    Never said any such thing. It remains to be seen but I'm not sure why you care as it sounds as if you have already made up your mind it's not going to be any good.
    FF22 and Bobcat665 like this.
    10-19-12 12:03 PM
    Having never met a troll, I would like to be prepared. Do I offer dried food or do they prefer the "fresh" variety from an easy open can?

I really like your work peter9477, thanks for all you do.
    They feed on pushing your buttons and this thread is supplying a buffet. They're miserable little creatures with no life that hate anything positive and really should be pitied.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 10-20-12 at 12:36 PM.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-20-12 01:57 AM
    Quoted by Superfly_FR, T. Heins wrote :

And this is how users are feeling (those who are not fanboys and/or have a social/professional life) :

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/16/te...nted=all&_r=1&
    C'mon ... the entire world knows this piece of crap is nothing but $h1t.
    #blackSheepAreLegion
    10-20-12 04:03 AM
    PlayBook and BB10 smartphones same devices ?
    Obviously you are far away from reality.
    It is essentially demonstrating that you don't understand what a platform is.
    QNX is the common base for OSes versions that will be device specific but sharing core features to gain strong interoperability.

PB OS 2.1 unsatisfying ? Well, you can discuss that point, but to me (BB phone user) it is the best overall tablet I can get. No competition.
    Current BB10 beta not terrific ? Oh man ... obviously you never had it in you hands.

P.S: Why do you spend that much time and energy to spit that much ? Just move around, change to another MobileNations site and enjoy supporting what fits your needs ... and stop complaining about stuff that obviously is not intended for you.
    10-20-12 04:11 AM
    If you develop an os for 2013, you take into account large touchscreen phones, which function as small tablets. Then you only have to develop drivers for your tablets, plus a few device-specific tweaks.
    You really don't know $h1t about development, don't you ?

P.S (2): I realize I've been answering 3 time to you ... damm ... what a waste.
    10-20-12 04:14 AM

PlayBook and BB10 smartphones same devices ?
    Obviously you are far away from reality.
    No comment about the above. Bold and underline by me.

Nowadays smartphones can have large touch screens, and tablets can have 3G. Which makes the development of one same OS obvious.

Apart from some details of course.
    10-20-12 10:53 AM
    in response to that article I have to say, I'm proud to sport even my bb curve 8520...I don't need fancy apps, that's why inhave a playbook.. hehe
    rotorwrench likes this.
    10-20-12 11:12 AM
    in response to that article I have to say, I'm proud to sport even my bb curve 8520...I don't need fancy apps, that's why inhave a playbook.. hehe
    I wanted to give you a thanks on that but alas my thanks button has disappeared so
    10-20-12 11:57 AM
    I wanted to give you a thanks on that but alas my thanks button has disappeared so
    I did it for you since I was going to also And Housewife, you really shouldn't use words like proud, it draws the trolls like flies
    esk369 likes this.
    10-20-12 12:42 PM
    Some people seem to expect BB10 as a sort of massiah. However :

1) Waiting until mid 2013 doesn't make sense from a user's point of view

2) It is is not specified how BB10 will be superior to other OS at that time

3) Interest from apps developers is not guaranteed

4) It is not guaranteed that RIM will still exist at that time

5) It is not even guaranteed that BB10 will be bug-free

I would be far more interested in paying for a port of Android Jelly Bean. With proper funding it would probably come earlier than BB10, be more reliable and bring more apps. With Android flexibility it would even be possible to apply some of RIM's great interface ideas, like the upward swipe.

I think BB10 is not a hope, it's the main impediment threatening RIM's survival. Even for the phones most informed buyers are not buying now, they are waiting for the next generation. A shift to Android and the sales would boost sales immediately.

An alternative is to join Tizen. BB10 is great for a few Crackberry users, but for the rest of the world it simply does not exist.
    man, this is not about taste or anything else, it's about the productivity system we got used to in the long days we use our smart phones. BB users are the first group of people who begins to use smart phone and at the time the offerings were abysmal comparing to now, but BB users made it work through learning inside out of BB eco system. now our productivity system has been so entrenched in this eco system and it's going to be a seemly huge learning curve to get it back to the same level if we go to another platform. that's why remaining BB users are generally pretty loyal. I am sure the same thing applies to iphone users when they are tempted by android phones. when their iphone is dated, they would prefer to upgrade to a new iphone inteads of a sammy phone not because the sammy phones are infeiror than i5, but because they already know inside out about ios eco system and achieves their current level of producitivity, why do they need to invest their precious time to learn a new ecosystem?

BB10 is coming out, as long as it satisfies current BB users upgrading demands, RIM will survive. With that stable user base, and with innovation and reduced gap in apps, more new next generation smart phone users will be drawn to this eco system, that's when BB user base grows.

To appeal to those young and next generation smart phone users who have no exisiting productivity system built up, BB needs to be cool, to have more popular games, to have kick social networking apps, needs to scores high in tech media blogs. RIM needs to be less business-ish, basically RIM needs to be like apple when it was still refreshing.

BB10 could be that cool thing nobody has it yet and everybody is talking about it, depending how RIM rolls now.
    10-20-12 01:17 PM
    [...]RIM is just ahead of the curve in this respect. And they are trying to complete the circle.
    The Rimpire trying to complete the circle eh?

The circle is now complete...

9930+Tapatalk
    10-20-12 01:23 PM
    OP, here are a few things worth considering :

1) in the grand scheme of things, waiting to launch to ensure the products are exactly what they are supposed to be in terms of quality is a sign of a strong vision. It would be easy to rush to market with a product that is not ready (companies do it all the time) and push out updates afterward but they are putting customer experience first. It's hard to challenge that.

2) Have you watched any BB10 videos on Crackberry? There's been some really great ones lately that have definitely made me more excited about the new products. If not, they're definitely worth having a look at. In terms of functionality, I think the experience is going to crush anything you'd find in iOS or Android. If you're a business or heavy email user, I think it will be even better (you can't even sort by read or unread messages in iOS today, how brutal is that?)

3) Few things are guaranteed these days and I guess only time will tell but what better opportunity for a developer to get in on a platform that has been designed from the ground up with developers in mind?

4) RIM actually has loads of cash sitting on the sidelines. The only situation I would be concerned about them disappearing is if they WEREN'T launching a completely new product and platform.

5) I (and I suspect many others) have very high expectations for the new products to be near flawless at launch. That was the reason for delaying in the first place which is perfectly acceptable provided that when you do launch, you deliver to that expectation. You need to make people feel glad they waited because the experience is so great.

To summarize, I use Apple products that often and on occasion Android products and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. For fun and playing, BlackBerry has not been the first choice to date however for business and communication, I really feel that even the OS 7 products of today are head and shoulders above the competition. That being said, people expect more now and I think RIMwill deliver. With the right execution, I think they can establish themselves as the number 3 platform behind iOS and Android.

Drafted on my Playbook through three browser, please excuse any typos.
    Waqiuddin likes this.
    10-21-12 06:39 AM
80 1234