The polls pretty much speak for themselves: the majority of folks on this forum rate their PB positively.

Love my PB.

Sent via my peerless BB PB.

PS Pandora works great via the bridge.
    12-10-11 04:25 PM
    Hey all, new to the forums and have a spanking new PlayBook too... $199 was too hard to pass up.

I'm assuming you all have tried an iPad, I have a gen 1 and a gen 2, as well as a nook color, and an HTC Flyer.

Bought the PlayBook primarily for web browsing, and I'm not disappointed, it has a good browser.

I think the PlayBook hate is because of Lazardis & company hyping the damn thing so much and it's pricing. Lazardis claiming it was an iPad killer was just stupid, and it showed millions of potential buyers how horribly out of touch the guy is.

RIM tried to "freeze the market" with it's claims, and when they delivered an underwhelming product that was no match for the iPad, and priced so high, the PlayBook pretty well became a joke.

Add in RIM's problems of eroding US market/mindshare, and the PlayBook is the poster child for everything that's wrong with RIM.

Personally, I think RIM will eventually sort out the OS pretty nicely, because they have so much riding on it. We shall see.

For now, I'm pretty happy with my purchase, and at $187 shipped, it was a steal.
    12-10-11 04:35 PM
    Hey all, new to the forums and have a spanking new PlayBook too... $199 was too hard to pass up.

I'm assuming you all have tried an iPad, I have a gen 1 and a gen 2, as well as a nook color, and an HTC Flyer.

Bought the PlayBook primarily for web browsing, and I'm not disappointed, it has a good browser.

I think the PlayBook hate is because of Lazardis & company hyping the damn thing so much and it's pricing. Lazardis claiming it was an iPad killer was just stupid, and it showed millions of potential buyers how horribly out of touch the guy is.

RIM tried to "freeze the market" with it's claims, and when they delivered an underwhelming product that was no match for the iPad, and priced so high, the PlayBook pretty well became a joke.

Add in RIM's problems of eroding US market/mindshare, and the PlayBook is the poster child for everything that's wrong with RIM.

Personally, I think RIM will eventually sort out the OS pretty nicely, because they have so much riding on it. We shall see.

For now, I'm pretty happy with my purchase, and at $187 shipped, it was a steal.
    Ding ding ding. I do believe you have hit the nail on the head. You sure did get it at a steal because in my opinion it's worth more than that but not yet worth MSRP and may never be.

Now if the bozo's can just quit making dumb statements and getr done. Ain't nothing going to an ipad killer for awhile yet. Even so apple has a huge following.
    12-10-11 04:42 PM
    They should never claim their product is going to kill the top performer. I've never seen claims like that really work out.

They may have had a chance if they priced it at 300 for 16gb... maybe.
    12-10-11 04:48 PM
    The leading competitor doesn't even do flash. Major and laughable fail but as P.T. Barnum once said, "There's a sucker born every second."
    12-10-11 04:53 PM
    The polls pretty much speak for themselves: the majority of folks on this forum rate their PB positively.

Love my PB.

Sent via my peerless BB PB.

PS Pandora works great via the bridge.
    I finally agree with you 100%.

- You didn't use your favorite "polls consistently show". They are quite inconsistent ranging from about 45% to 80% in favor of the playbook depending on how the question is phrased and when the poll was started.

- You didn't use your usual "vast majority". Majority, yes, but not vast. The eyeballed average across the polls would probably be 2/3 in favor. I would be quite surprised if it wasn't the majority (see below).

- You acknowledged that these polls represent PB owners that are registered on a BlackBerry fan site and do not represent the market reality.

And lastly, everything that works via the awesome Bridge should also work without Bridge for the Playbook to stay afloat.

Thanks, anyway.
    12-10-11 04:57 PM
256 ... 91011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD