Mature people never saw a single explicit "promise" and bought their PB for all the right reasons.

Loving my PB.
    12-09-11 10:57 PM
    Mature people never saw a single explicit "promise" and bought their PB for all the right reasons.

Loving my PB.
    i'm sorry to say that it's fanbois like you who constantly defend RIM and their screwups (how can anyone defend a lie) that will lead to their eventual death.

You are more detrimental to RIM than an apple consumer. at least he/she is contributing to competition and spuring them to perform better. You are just cutting them slack all the time and preventing new blackberry converts.

I gotta love samsung's attitude. competing head on instead of making stupid excuses. do you remember how the RIM duo laughed at the prospect of cameras for handphones? that's right. people like you fuel their incompetency.

stop destroying the brand everyone here loves. get off crackberry and go and flood apple forums with your low standards. thanks.
    FF22 and Willard814 like this.
    12-09-11 11:03 PM
    Lol shootscores saying "facts are facts".....
    The vast majority rate their PBs positively. Check the polls for yourself. Facts are fatcs indeed.

I wonder why roidheads and ifans come here. Is it to try to justify their purchase of inferior devices? Sure comes off that way. I wouldn't head to an ifan site to deride the crippled ifad or to a roid site to scoff at their buggy junk unless I was uneasy about QNX.

Love my PB.
    12-09-11 11:04 PM
    Yeah I'm a roidhead when I've bought and used 3 different bb models in the last year personally (not counting the PB) . You live in lala land...
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-09-11 11:07 PM
    Its a poll on an internet site. Its not a good cross section of the people who purchased the playbook and I bet many upon many people returned their playbooks. Mark all of them in the "not excellent" section. The poll is merely not representative. And the question is too vague.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-09-11 11:25 PM
    please, how can u say that. i have apps for my autistic son on his ipad that have no equal in our appworld. show me anything as good as airvideo, orb lol right.

in my house we have a lot of apple toys but i do prefer my bb phone and playbook combo

but to imply the extra apps in the ios world are useless is just an uninformed outlook. sorry, not "hating"on you but it had to be said.

medical apps for doctors, apps for education needs of special needs kids. the list is verry long
    I have never used a PC always a Mac, so I am informed about the billions of app that flood the apple world. For me I never seen use of apps, but I am glad that there are uses for a lot others. For them there are ipads, and for the ones who really are not into apps its the playbook..... how about that.
    Come OS2.0 I am sure a lot of apps will be available for the PB, and then it will suffice the needs of many..... but the PB will always stand out, with or without apps or even a BB.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-10-11 12:07 AM
    You are in the distinct minority. Facts are facts.

Remember as well that the open polls showed that people who had never owned a PB were voting and choosing the worst opt they could. Gotta love open polls.
    You know what else is a fact? Playbook sales have been abysmal. And that's a really easy way to tell if something sucks.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-10-11 04:47 AM
    i'm sorry to say that it's fanbois like you who constantly defend RIM and their screwups (how can anyone defend a lie) that will lead to their eventual death.

You are more detrimental to RIM than an apple consumer. at least he/she is contributing to competition and spuring them to perform better. You are just cutting them slack all the time and preventing new blackberry converts.

I gotta love samsung's attitude. competing head on instead of making stupid excuses. do you remember how the RIM duo laughed at the prospect of cameras for handphones? that's right. people like you fuel their incompetency.

stop destroying the brand everyone here loves. get off crackberry and go and flood apple forums with your low standards. thanks.
    I don't see how Apple fans push Apple. Apple fans constantly cut Apple slack. Every iteration of the iPhone and iPad have been incremental, with some features left out for no apparent reason, like no cameras on the first iPad when the iPhones already had them. Clearly, it's not for lack of technical expertise. Maybe Apple fans are just willing to accept lower standards? How long did it take to get cut-n-paste, front facing camera, multi-tasking, over-the-air updates, unobtrusive notifications, etc.?
    alnamvet68 and Willard814 like this.
    12-10-11 05:19 AM
    I don't see how Apple fans push Apple. Apple fans constantly cut Apple slack. Every iteration of the iPhone and iPad have been incremental, with some features left out for no apparent reason, like no cameras on the first iPad when the iPhones already had them. Clearly, it's not for lack of technical expertise. Maybe Apple fans are just willing to accept lower standards? How long did it take to get cut-n-paste, front facing camera, multi-tasking, over-the-air updates, unobtrusive notifications, etc.?
    Are you seriously trying to make the case that blackberry differentiates itself from apple by not releasing incremental updates to their phones? Or it's tablet?

Apple is forecasted to sell 30 million phones. When you make the switch from bb to apple, trust me, you don't feel like you lowered your standards, in fact the opposite. Another thing to consider, when you have the #1 phone and tablet, why would you monumentally change the hardware. Heck the iPhone 3GS is projected to sell 2 million units and it is 2.5 years old.

It isn't the hardware that sells devices, it is the software.
    JBenn911 likes this.
    12-10-11 05:48 AM
    You are in the distinct minority. Facts are facts.
    Distinct minority my a$$

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...riends-664579/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-redux-671232/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...stolen-666680/

and that's on an "enthusiast" website

700,000 (?) out of many-many millions is a distinct minority. and that's the truest most accurate unbiased super mega poll you can't deny

No matter how silky smooth the UI is. no matter how many power plants run on QNX. No matter how super and unprecedented the Bridge is. The Playbook has failed on all and every account. Thanks to the stupid decision to have the basic functionality only via Bridge and nonexistent efforts to bring in more apps.

It did succeed in what it was supposed to do though. To test the new OS before it's utilized in phones. That's the only thing RIM wanted. Otherwise the total apathy of the company towards its one and only tablet cannot be explained.
    Last edited by jonqdoe; 12-10-11 at 06:56 AM.
    12-10-11 06:26 AM
    Are you seriously trying to make the case that blackberry differentiates itself from apple by not releasing incremental updates to their phones? Or it's tablet?

Apple is forecasted to sell 30 million phones. When you make the switch from bb to apple, trust me, you don't feel like you lowered your standards, in fact the opposite. Another thing to consider, when you have the #1 phone and tablet, why would you monumentally change the hardware. Heck the iPhone 3GS is projected to sell 2 million units and it is 2.5 years old.

It isn't the hardware that sells devices, it is the software.
    Not to speak for someone else but I think the point was that many say RIM rehashes the same thing with small upgrade and apple does the same thing but yet the same ones think that is OK because they work.

Why doesn't apple get up to date with quad core processors etc. that android has? For.the same reason RIM has not. I know the software runs fine on the hardware. I don't know, does android run fine on a single core? Do they need quad core processors to run fine?

I agree software is a big part why computing devices sell but there are also a lot of people that know nothing about the hardware but hearing this has a single core processor and this one has a quad core processor that will go, ohhhhhhh quard core....."doughnuts".
    12-10-11 06:45 AM
    The Playbook was a massive failure. It is interesting to watch you attack other posters for pointing that out. You remind me of Blackjack.

You can deny it all you want, but RIM took a half billion dollar write-down because of the failure of the Playbook. The public rejected it because it just wasn't good. If it was a success, there never would have been a fire-sale. You like to say 'discerning' users pick the PB, but that's just not the case.

You can call a Pinto a Porsche all you want, but that won't make it so. It would be nice if you just agreed to disagree instead of screaming at the rain to stop falling.

Have a good weekend.
    Decent post except for that one line in red. It IS good, but that doesnt matter.

Proof is in the pudding (holiday current quarter including RIM fire sale), sorry -

Article :

Kindle Fire makes its way to the second place in the tablet market | Kindle Fire Central

So RIM blew it, let it go, and embrace what works for you (enjoying your life), you'll be much happier. Thats how your future is built. (or torn down).

As I have said until blue in the face (or pink) its the ecosystem that matters for the masses of us folk. Look at the newcomers B&N and Amazon and you see the future.

Oh, yea, btw I have the Kindle Fire and the Playbook, and the build quality, feel, etc from a hardware standpoint is identical. When you turn them on (UI/eco), all bets are off. Those of you that are keen will understand that comment.
    Last edited by Mrs Gatz; 12-10-11 at 07:07 AM.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-10-11 06:51 AM
    Not to speak for someone else but I think the point was that many say RIM rehashes the same thing with small upgrade and apple does the same thing but yet the same ones think that is OK because they work.

Why doesn't apple get up to date with quad core processors etc. that android has? For.the same reason RIM has not. I know the software runs fine on the hardware. I don't know, does android run fine on a single core? Do they need quad core processors to run fine?

I agree software is a big part why computing devices sell but there are also a lot of people that know nothing about the hardware but hearing this has a single core processor and this one has a quad core processor that will go, ohhhhhhh quard core....."doughnuts".
    It is very simple, Apple is seeing as much as 60% YOY product sales growth across most of it's business lines. This is because of the entire ecosystem and seamless integration of all devices as well as the total user experience. Many competitors are spec chasing to try to one-up themselves over the competition. Apple appears to see where the market is going and in many ways can move the market move in a direction that they desire. Competitors are forced to react to what Apple makes popular. No need for Apple to attempt to spec chase the competition.

Take NFC for example, this is an advantage that RIM has over Apple on the phones. Could Apple add this feature if they wanted? I am sure they could. But, I would suspect that they don't see it being needed at the time. The NFC tech has been around for a decade but it hasn't taken off. No need to put it on the device. Jobs was a big adherent to saying "no" to things that didn't work and this was how he turned around the company.

RIM on the other hand, projects an image of trying to be a leader and innovator, yet their product release track record shows it only to be hype thus far. The playbook is a perfect example of trying to out-spec the competition. How many spec type pre-launch promises were made. (DLNA, 4G sprint, Android player, Flash). This is why they are beaten up for at least not matching the specs of devices that are one year old. I am hoping that the QNX experiment is what RIM is promoting it to be, but I haven't seen proof yet.
    12-10-11 07:06 AM
    It is very simple, Apple is seeing as much as 60% YOY product sales growth across most of it's business lines. This is because of the entire ecosystem and seamless integration of all devices as well as the total user experience. Many competitors are spec chasing to try to one-up themselves over the competition. Apple appears to see where the market is going and in many ways can move the market move in a direction that they desire. Competitors are forced to react to what Apple makes popular. No need for Apple to attempt to spec chase the competition.

Take NFC for example, this is an advantage that RIM has over Apple on the phones. Could Apple add this feature if they wanted? I am sure they could. But, I would suspect that they don't see it being needed at the time. The NFC tech has been around for a decade but it hasn't taken off. No need to put it on the device. Jobs was a big adherent to saying "no" to things that didn't work and this was how he turned around the company.

RIM on the other hand, projects an image of trying to be a leader and innovator, yet their product release track record shows it only to be hype thus far. The playbook is a perfect example of trying to out-spec the competition. How many spec type pre-launch promises were made. (DLNA, 4G sprint, Android player, Flash). This is why they are beaten up for at least not matching the specs of devices that are one year old. I am hoping that the QNX experiment is what RIM is promoting it to be, but I haven't seen proof yet.

Playbook is like your razor handle, you bought it to house your shiny blades. And what a mighty fine handle it is !

Gold plated, etched with carvings of famous art, you sit and wonder of its magic !

But then -

You need to shave !

But you come to find your markets dont sell blades to fit your handle ! And if they do, it doesnt give you a close shave, there are no options, or choices, you are stuck with one crappy blade and the broken promises of a close shave!

When your beard gets too long, you buy a handle (maybe not as outwardly pretty) with a nice selection, and you never look back.

Your anger and frustration is only a memory, never to be repeated.

Last edited by Mrs Gatz; 12-10-11 at 07:23 AM.
    12-10-11 07:20 AM
    Distinct minority my a$$

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...riends-664579/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-redux-671232/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...stolen-666680/

and that's on an "enthusiast" website

700,000 (?) out of many-many millions is a distinct minority. and that's the truest most accurate unbiased super mega poll you can't deny

No matter how silky smooth the UI is. no matter how many power plants run on QNX. No matter how super and unprecedented the Bridge is. The Playbook has failed on all and every account. Thanks to the stupid decision to have the basic functionality only via Bridge and nonexistent efforts to bring in more apps.

It did succeed in what it was supposed to do though. To test the new OS before it's utilized in phones. That's the only thing RIM wanted. Otherwise the total apathy of the company towards its one and only tablet cannot be explained.
    Link #1 - Taken right after the announcement that everything will be delayed until Feb. I'm sure that flabbergasted many of us as I know it did myself and I wasn't very happy at the time either. Plus all of the detractors can vote even if they never touched one.

Link #2 - Looks like a 2 to 1 margin going to yes. Alos as above all detractors able to vote as well. Sometimes it feels like there are more detractors on here then fans.

Link #3 - Looks like a little over half would. A quarter would buy something else. And around a fifth wouldn't get another table at all. Again detractors able to vote.

Yes a big part of the playbook is to keep from the phone line being incomplete which would've put RIM in the grave all ready and the other part was to get a foot in the door of the still very young tablet market.

Not so sure they are showing apathy to their tablet but more silence since they can't seem to be able to predict what is coming when and just maybe some of that was coming from project managers blowing it also.
    12-10-11 07:20 AM
    Link #1 - Taken right after the announcement that everything will be delayed until Feb. I'm sure that flabbergasted many of us as I know it did myself and I wasn't very happy at the time either. Plus all of the detractors can vote even if they never touched one.

Link #2 - Looks like a 2 to 1 margin going to yes. Alos as above all detractors able to vote as well. Sometimes it feels like there are more detractors on here then fans.

Link #3 - Looks like a little over half would. A quarter would buy something else. And around a fifth wouldn't get another table at all. Again detractors able to vote.
    What about the many-many millions of detractors?

Anyway, the point was that Scores has repeatedly said that polls are consistent and they show that a VAST majority love their Playbooks, which turns out to be incorrect. Majority, yes, but you wouldn't expect it to be any other way around on a fan site, right?
    Last edited by jonqdoe; 12-10-11 at 07:34 AM.
    12-10-11 07:25 AM
    what about the many-many millions of detractors?
    I guess only the ones on here voted as the many hundreds of thousand lovers aren't on here and didn't vote either LOL.

EDIT: Yes on a normal fan forum which crackberry/mobile nations is not. I belong to many forums and none of them host all competitors sub forums.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 12-10-11 at 07:32 AM.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-10-11 07:27 AM
    Playbook is like your razor handle, you bought it to house your shiny blades. And what a mighty fine handle it is !

Gold plated, etched with carvings of famous art, you sit and wonder of its magic !

But then -

You need to shave !

But you come to find your markets dont sell blades to fit your handle ! And if they do, it doesnt give you a close shave, there are no options, or choices, you are stuck with one crappy blade and the broken promises of a close shave!

When your beard gets too long, you buy a handle (maybe not as outwardly pretty) with a nice selection, and you never look back.

Your anger and frustration is only a memory, never to be repeated.

No you would go on the shaver forum and complain
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-10-11 07:29 AM
    I guess only the ones on here voted as the many hundreds of thousand lovers aren't on here and didn't vote either LOL.
    If the polls were correct (which I doubt given the nature of the site), there would be many hundreds of thousands Playbook owners who really don't like the Playbook. Also LOL.
    12-10-11 07:30 AM
    Here is another case in point illustrating the foolishness of trying to out-spec the competition.

I recall that Android users were demanding a phone with a usb output that would allow them to connect to the TV to watch movies. Well, like they always do the Samsungs of the world willingly obliged. They added the spec on the phone without thought of the purposefulness of it.

Once they did, droid users recognized that it was pretty stupid to try to use the phone to put Movies on the television. Why? Because you have just disabled your phone for two hours. Are you going to shut down a movie and restart it every time your phone rings?

Success comes from thinking product through and picking and choosing what features it will have.
    12-10-11 07:34 AM
    No you would go on the shaver forum and complain
    teeheehee
    12-10-11 07:36 AM
    Every iteration of the iPhone and iPad have been incremental, with some features left out for no apparent reason,
    You just described every manufacturer. The worst offender is RIM. The 9700 to 9780, storm to storm 2, curve to curve 3G and on and on. Even the newest bb7 devices are tiny upgrades in a market sense, enough to appease those that don't know any better but not enough to compete. Even RIM knew this which is why they renamed it from bb6.1 to bb7 to fool the users into thinking they were getting something new rather than the same old same old with a fancy skin, and it worked, you were fooled, **** I was fooled!. The rest of the industry wasn't, neither were the investors. then I woke up also. RIM has let us all down, I voted with my wallet, eventually they'll either get better and actually compete or they will cease to exist as we know them. If they evolve I'll give them another shot but it doesn't look promising.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xandermac; 12-10-11 at 08:12 AM.
    12-10-11 07:36 AM
    OK I can't keep up with all of you LOL.
    12-10-11 08:08 AM
    OK I can't keep up with all of you LOL.
    You need a faster tablet or dare I say it, a forum app
    12-10-11 08:13 AM
    Faster tablet = RIM/Blackberry Playbook!

Fullfills the need for speed only for those qualified enough to have the right stuff.
    12-10-11 08:18 AM
256 ... 7891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD