In the meantime let us enjoy our Playbooks. Don't know how long of that enjoyment we have left as the Playbook will most probably be discontinued soon, if not already.
    If the PB is discontinued it will continue to function.
    Lhendr likes this.
    12-08-11 07:45 PM
    Agree with you, but somehow, the fact that QNX runs power plants is the most often used argument here on this forum

As for the Bridge, it may be a great feature but it severely restricts the enjoyment of the usefulness and somewhat full functionality of the Playbook to current owners of Blackberry phones. This is what I meant.
    Don't you mean for those who do NOT own a bb?
    12-08-11 07:46 PM
    Don't you mean for those who do NOT own a bb?
    it is "restricts TO"
    12-08-11 07:47 PM
    Wait a second ... what was this thread about? Browser crashes? Power plants?Rim's profit margin?
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    12-08-11 07:50 PM
    it is "restricts TO"
    Sorry and you're right Now where are those dang glasses
    12-08-11 07:50 PM
    If the PB is discontinued it will continue to function.
    Yes, but I meant consumers in general including new owners.
    12-08-11 07:51 PM
    Wait a second ... what was this thread about? Browser crashes? Power plants?Rim's profit margin?
    LOL why is so easy for threads to get derailed.
    12-08-11 07:51 PM
    LOL why is so easy for threads to get derailed.
    Because we all feel strongly about the subject matter. We care about what happens to the Playbook and to the company, perhaps
    12-08-11 07:53 PM
    you can toggle PB flash
    Yes but only overall and it requires leaving the page (which makes it too slow to toggle frequenty) and a page reload. You cannot toggle flash content per item.
    12-08-11 07:53 PM
    Yes but only overall and it requires leaving the page (which makes it too slow to toggle frequenty) and a page reload. You cannot toggle flash content per item.
    this is true, its not like other browsers where you can load on demand with 1 click
    12-08-11 08:02 PM
    For one my browser has never crashed, even visiting flash intensive sites. Now if ones intention is to just prove the point that the browser can be made to crash.... well you bet it can be done. Its a stupid logic.

PB has an awesome UI, an excellent browser.... yes it does have shortcomings, which device dosent..... well at least one dosent have to press a silly button to navigate away from a screen, that lovely feature belongs to the pads.....
    Mr.Monty and jamesbondOO7 like this.
    12-08-11 08:12 PM
    RIMs consumer facing contacts and support are actually pretty terrible and useless... If you're a business contact it's a bit different.
    I would have whole heartily agreed w/you since my initial contact w/support was horrible. However, i really needed some help so I hungup on the first rep (while on hold) and re-dialed and got an awesome CS person. I know this is a bit off topic I just wanted to add that.
    anindoc likes this.
    12-08-11 08:15 PM
    I can consistently crash the browser... Not randomly, consistently. Other browsers have flash AND the ability to make flash content toggle-able + ad blockers and you can organize the bookmarks.

PB browser currently offers none of that... These points aren't a debate (other than the one point if you want to believe the browser doesn't crash), they are currently facts.
    I can make the PB browser crash if I want as I know how to exploit the power of QNX. Apparently you don't. Learn the OS and the UI and you will move to the next level of the mobile computing experience.

Now stop bothering us with your petty complaints.
    12-08-11 08:47 PM
    I would have whole heartily agreed w/you since my initial contact w/support was horrible. However, i really needed some help so I hungup on the first rep (while on hold) and re-dialed and got an awesome CS person. I know this is a bit off topic I just wanted to add that.
    Customer support has been excellent of late according to most posts on this forum.

Never had the pleasure myself.
    12-08-11 08:49 PM
    I can make the PB browser crash if I want as I know how to exploit the power of QNX. Apparently you don't. Learn the OS and the UI and you will move to the next level of the mobile computing experience.

Now stop bothering us with your petty complaints.
    For some reason that sounds like "you're holding it wrong" all over again, lol....
    fatherslot likes this.
    12-08-11 08:54 PM
    As with any customer service. Thanks for posting. Off topic? What topic? Oh browser crashing...
    I can make my browser crash consistently if I set my homepage to yahoo and open 24 tabs. Tried and true. 24th tab every time. I just limit myself to 23 tabs. Sucks but that's all my PB can do. Maybe I should start a new thread about this annoying issue.
    12-08-11 09:16 PM
    all of the sudden, we have a huge influx of "smartphone / tablet newbs", who seem to immediately believe they're also "smartphone / tablet experts" who feel they have important opinions, when they're actually not technical at all, just consumer types who bought a tablet because some "buddy guy" they know plays angry birds on one

suddenly everybody is a "smartphone / tablet bully / hipster" about whatever brand they've decided to personally attach themselves with and they seem to get quite offensive when belittling others in forums, i have been a part of it too, lol, out of anger towards these people

i personally have been dragged down a little bit by some of these "people", lol, anyways

peace ya'll
    Last edited by buckwylder; 12-08-11 at 09:24 PM.
    12-08-11 09:16 PM
    For some reason that sounds like "you're holding it wrong" all over again, lol....
    Does it really? My Bold is a great telephone and the PB browser is the best to be had in the tablet market.

Time for you to move along.
    anindoc likes this.
    12-08-11 09:18 PM
    santa says the hatred has been caused because the grinch has cut off reindeer rudolph's red nose spewing a virus.
    12-08-11 09:49 PM
    Ah, most of it's not hatred, it's a difference of opinion. Again, what good is Playbook to someone that doesn't just not have a BB, but not any smartphone at all ? Why should that person pay a premium price for a product that has a small screen, NO native email, contacts, or calendar, and a close to zero native app ecosystem, when there is others in the same price range that provide all of that ? At the same time there are others that use terms like iFad and iFail, to talk about products that dominate the market.

I am a first generation iPad owner and a 9810 owner. (First smartphone)

Now, what can can Playbook's OS do that iOS can't ? (I understand how multitasking works on iOS on the iPad and the annoying fact that YouTube shuts off when sent to the background. I also like the fact that I can send more than one attachment per email and I don't have to open the file to attach it on the 9810.)

I am not spewing hate, I just made a few legitament observations and asked a question.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-08-11 10:46 PM
    Ah, most of it's not hatred, it's a difference of opinion. Again, what good is Playbook to someone that doesn't just not have a BB, but not any smartphone at all ? Why should that person pay a premium price for a product that has a small screen, NO native email, contacts, or calendar, and a close to zero native app ecosystem, when there is others in the same price range that provide all of that ? At the same time there are others that use terms like iFad and iFail, to talk about products that dominate the market.

Now, what can can Playbook's OS do that iOS can't ? (I understand how multitasking works on iOS on the iPad and the annoying fact that YouTube shuts off when sent to the background. I also like the fact that I can send more than one attachment per email and I don't have to open the file to attach it on the 9810.)

I am not spewing hate, I just made a few legitament observations and asked a question.
    I didn't buy a PlayBook because of what an iPad can do. I bought a PlayBook because the small screen size is ideal for portability, it uses my phones 3G service for data easily, and I can leave it on my desk at work or home without worrying about someone snagging it and snooping through e-mails, contacts, or my calendar.

I don't care if there are more apps on ios or android. I have an iPod touch and a Samsung with android. I only use a few apps on any of them, and they are either the same apps on the PlayBook, or a very similar substitute.

I bought a tablet that works perfectly fine for MY uses. No hatred spewed
    12-08-11 11:06 PM

There is a thread here you can read....

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-owner-675975/
    12-08-11 11:09 PM

I have one thing for you.... the playbook is not for everyone, its for smart people who have outgrown the need for a device that has billions of useless apps.......
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    12-08-11 11:23 PM

Love the portability, flash and native email tbrough bridge, bridge browsing, UI, OS, Showcase mode for true multitasking, stunning screen, great sound, game play, best browser, camera, wifi file transfer, did I mention the UI?, bezel scrolling, robust construction, great communications, super combo, bbm, phone that really works, 3g reception (yes you can stream flash via the bridge), bridge supported apps and the UI to name a few reasons why I love my PB/BB.

The OS7 phones are getting solid reviews so I'm thinking that I might pick one up on the cheap come BB10 launch. We'll see.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    12-08-11 11:26 PM
    Papped:

How do you make the Browser crash? Mine does implode quite regularly but I have not quite figured out what does it. Usually multiple tabs but sometimes, just one tab.
    12-08-11 11:43 PM
256 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD