OP, if you want the straight p00p on PlayBook tips, tricks, and what people think is right about their PB's, without comparisons to other brands, then all you need to do is read 2 threads....yes, just 2 threads will answer every question you have about the PB, and then some. Here are the two:

"Newbie Tips and Tricks - things you must know" by the "late", great blackjack93117

"Why I Really, Really, Love My PlayBook in One Word", and yes, by that same great non-fiction writer who brought us "How to Win Friends & Influence People by Being a Condescending SOB".
    03-08-12 06:57 AM
    OP, if you want the straight p00p on PlayBook tips, tricks, and what people think is right about their PB's, without comparisons to other brands, then all you need to do is read 2 threads....yes, just 2 threads will answer every question you have about the PB, and then some. Here are the two:

"Newbie Tips and Tricks - things you must know" by the "late", great blackjack93117

"Why I Really, Really, Love My PlayBook in One Word", and yes, by that same great non-fiction writer who brought us "How to Win Friends & Influence People by Being a Condescending SOB".
    I laughed at the Second one. That is a Classic.
    03-08-12 07:20 AM
    RIM once produced the status devices to own but no longer does. The irony is that Apple is what RIM was for status products and I think there are people who just can't accept it. As such, everything turns into a discussion of how the market leaders are just so inferior to RIM. It is a fan forum so I do expect it but this place takes it to laughable extremes. FWIW, I also do photography and have used Nikon equipment my entire adult life. The difference is that I can go to Nikonians.org and the discussions are about Nikon equipment, not Canon equipment. Silly discussions of the inherent inferiority of Canon, etc., are extremely rare and quickly discouraged. Yes, there are people here who act like their Playbooks are extensions of themselves, and who can't get past a quasi-pubescent or pre-pubescent obsession with their toys. It is very discouraging and (at times) pretty embarrassing.
    Canon is better I think.
    03-08-12 07:27 AM
    Canon is better I think.
    Nope, Nikon is better, but Leica is the best; and Hasselblad too.
    hpjrt and Thunderbuck like this.
    03-08-12 07:32 AM
    OK, I know that I am doing this at the considerable risk of being labeled as a troll, a troublemaker, or even unpatriotic or unchristian. However, I must ask this.

Why is this forum hijacked by "playbook fundamentalists" who are just obsessed about trying to prove that their device is superior to anything else out there even though it is quite obvious that while it is an excellent product, it is proven to have come short to several products in the marketplace.

It's almost like some people have their self worth invested in what device they use.

I am a photographer, so I have seen (and got weary of) the whole Nikon vs Canon argument in that community.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I hoped that this forum is focused on sharing shortcuts, workarounds, news, and tricks that help users get a more enjoyable experience using their playbooks. Instead, every second thread is comparing it to the iPad. I can't even imagine how bad it'll get when Google will start releasing nice products under the Motorola name or heaven forbid Samsung will capitalise on their momentum with their Galaxy 7.0...
    Yes, so true. It is almost sickening to read some of the posts. I've read a lot of ridiculous claims, and common trend is when people have a bad experience and complain/rant about it, the person gets flagged as troll or given advice is "sell your PB and got get iCrap" type of response.

The same group of people usually have no technical knowledge to really help out the people who are looking for help, or lost with PB in their use.
    03-08-12 08:01 AM
    Yes, so true. It is almost sickening to read some of the posts. I've read a lot of ridiculous claims, and common trend is when people have a bad experience and complain/rant about it, the person gets flagged as troll or given advice is "sell your PB and got get iCrap" type of response.

The same group of people usually have no technical knowledge to really help out the people who are looking for help, or lost with PB in their use.
    What's even more funny is that the same group of people will make fun of how fanboyish Apple fanboys are

Anyway, I am actually enjoying this show. It's like observing a sect or a cult with all its followers' irrational way of thinking.
    03-08-12 08:06 AM
    Sadly, I now have another useless thread to wade thru when looking for useful tips and tricks for my pb. Sheesh...
    EricB1968 and alnamvet68 like this.
    03-08-12 08:15 AM
    Sadly, I now have another useless thread to wade thru when looking for useful tips and tricks for my pb. Sheesh...
    It certainly makes one wonder why this is going on, doesn't it?
    hpjrt likes this.
    03-08-12 09:04 AM
    Imho defending the pb is ok. Personally I find the hardware really great. However when you get responses like this :

- Email app can't turn vertical -> This device is meant for horizontal typing
    - Boot time is too long -> Booting is considered improper use of this device
    - My clients request Skype -> Skype is not so important

Then this forum risks becoming partially irrelevant. From the technical point of view I mean.

I also feel that the true pb haters don't bother to come here. Those who come and complain are those who waited patiently, and still today hope RIM will do their best. They are faithful, they haven't just sold their pb to buy something else. There ARE flaws and omissions, those who assert it can be criticized, but they should at least receive relevant answers.
    conix67 likes this.
    03-08-12 02:56 PM
    Proof the playbook is the worst tablet as demonstrated by market value
    Amazon.com: playbook - Electronics Trade-In
    03-08-12 03:03 PM
    I don't give a damn.

03-08-12 03:10 PM
    I also feel that the true pb haters don't bother to come here.
    Proof the playbook is the worst tablet as demonstrated by market value
    Amazon.com: playbook - Electronics Trade-In
    Care to change your assessment?
    03-08-12 03:55 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD