I mean after downloading the whole program. FTR the only reason I downloaded it was to check it out for my nephew who also has a playbook. He likes playing this pool game on the pc so I thought I'd find him something for playbook.
    I know this issue has been brought up before but come on this stuff is ridiculous.
    02-14-13 03:54 PM
    Agreed. There should be a way to check permissions required before you download.
    02-14-13 04:08 PM
    Agreed. There should be a way to check permissions required before you download.
    Whomevers is approving these things should at least be able to differentiate between apps that require certain areas of your tablet and those that don't.
    02-14-13 04:11 PM
    Well just uncheck what you not want it to have access too and yep some apps and games will not play or work unless you do, so i just don't install those ones which not work if i don;t allow access.

Its the same for my Z10 certain apps what access to my contacts and pin number WTF i say no and the app not work........ well **** on them.
    Mr_F and GV2012 like this.
    02-14-13 04:11 PM
    It might want to record a score and for that it would need permission to write to a file.

But I agree that we should know more about the PERMISSION NEEDS in advance. Also, be warned that in some cases, if you initially deny permission, you might not be able to change it aftward. That happened to me with two apps. Neither would run and neither appeared in the Permission List under Security options - one was Kalemsoft and I don't recall the other at the moment. I actually had to do a security wipe to fix it - poorly implemented feature by Rim!!!!
    02-14-13 05:52 PM
    if it can't save files then how do you expect it to know where you are in the game? it obviously needs permission to your files....
    02-14-13 05:59 PM
    if it can't save files then how do you expect it to know where you are in the game? it obviously needs permission to your files....
    I guess it would do it the same way other games do that don't need access. I've downloaded many games that keep track of your score and don't need access.
    russ2903 likes this.
    02-14-13 06:05 PM
    The free apps certainly require way too much access to information on the PlayBook.

I have kept my selection of these over invasive apps, particularly the games, to a minimum. I also deactivate the WiFi while I run them. They generally run just fine and I am not assaulted by ads. When I am done with these few games, I close them off and only then reactivate the WiFi.
    02-14-13 06:15 PM
    What is every application developer trying to spy on you?
    02-14-13 10:51 PM
    What is every application developer trying to spy on you?
    No,just the ones that ask for access to parts of your playbook/phone with no justified reason to have.
    02-15-13 12:36 AM
    The newer appygeek wants your gps location. I deleted after seeing that. The older version dont require it.
    02-15-13 01:05 PM