i was wondering since all the Apps and Games has a price....so why don't they make a good action game like mmorpg. because in my case...i am not buying games that is not good enough....i have read all the reviews and mostly they are saying that IT'S USELESS DON'T BUY IT...also we know that Emulator will be ups in Playbook. we can play any SNES games. so why not make MMORPG?
    04-22-12 04:07 AM
    "Lack of resources", I believe is what RIM is having right now...
    ambarmetta likes this.
    04-22-12 04:48 AM
    Doesn't buying games (of which there are several good ones--I'm going to guess that you prefer cRPGs --> MMORPGs from the end of the post, but you start off broad) lead to encouraging developers to take the time to make new ones?

Just a thought. Writing them all off kind of dismisses a great deal of potential fun.
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    04-22-12 05:39 AM
    There are a few MMorpg's already in app world. Not sure what you mean. All thats coming out for the PB is decent quality games.

Do you know what mmorpg means?
    Massive Multi player Online Role Playing Game.

Are you looking for games like warcraft?
    04-22-12 05:40 AM
    Personally, and this is OT, so I'll refrain from further comments, but in games like WoW it's really a select set that actually "role plays". Might as well call the whole lot MMOG, but I digress...

That said, the previous poster is correct in that there are options for this already. H
    04-22-12 05:43 AM
    I don't really understand the OP's question... but I'm with Homer and his response.
    04-22-12 06:25 AM
    MMORPG means... like you can play CABAL, MU, etc...... warcraft is an RPG games strategy games rather.
    04-22-12 07:30 AM
    MMORPG's / MMOG's come with certain problems for development on a mobile platform. This is when you compare it to computer MMORPG's / MMOG's.

One being connectivity. The playbook is limited to whatever people have in their homes. If you have a wifi spot, you'll need great or the best connectivity for an MMORPG to work. This connectivity is going to provide your location, player info and all other custom data such as what items people got on them resulting in a big strain for the playbook to handle in a variable enviroment ( wifi hotspot )

That being said, this is not impossible. This project however is going to be against traditional programming as they will have to find alternatives or workarounds for the device being on a wifi connection.

To wrap it up, we are going into an era where they stream a videofeed to your device and you just sent the controls back to the servers. The device won't have to handle all the problems and those noted above as it is all on a remote server doing all the hard work for you. This is a more reliable solution in my opinion for "High End" graphic gaming on a mobile device.

Don't get me wrong, you can do some pretty nifty stuff with unity on the playbook. But nowhere near the scale of a full-on MMORPG.
    Last edited by EpicSoftworks; 04-22-12 at 07:45 AM.
    rhonskie and ambarmetta like this.
    04-22-12 07:40 AM
    ......and all this time I thought there was GOOD games already on the PlayBook . This goes to show you how many different ways the PlayBook is used. I guess a better title would have been....."are there any Good games on the PlayBook" ......hummm
    04-22-12 07:48 AM
    With the exception of apps that are specifically meant to stream audio or video from a network source, it's great folly to develop an application that assumes that the Internet connection for a tablet device is reliable and smooth.

There's also the issue of controls - generally speaking MMORPGs use the entire keyboard for its list of commands.

Finally, and this is probably the primary reason you don't see this happening: People really don't want to sit in front of a 7" or 10" screen for long periods of time to play a game. The form factor is conducive to short spurts of gameplay, not long sessions.
    EpicSoftworks likes this.
    04-22-12 08:39 AM
    With all the emulators I doubt I'll ever buy a game off the appworld. I've gotten a few free timewaster games but nothing bigger. I just don't see any point when I can be playing some 8bit magic from my childhood.
    04-22-12 08:44 AM
    A good tablet or console based mmorpg would be as good as printing money. I'm sure many developers dream of making the first.
    04-22-12 08:46 AM
    I thought the inclusion of Angry Birds put an end to the arguement of lack of games?
    04-22-12 08:47 AM
    The title of the thread is misleading. I have no problem finding good games. Sorry you aren't finding what you're looking for, and from what I'm reading, that's probably because it's not possible at this point on the pb.
    04-22-12 10:02 AM
    I am looking for QBert..I love that little mofo.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    anon3969612 likes this.
    04-22-12 10:15 AM
    I am looking for QBert..I love that little mofo.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Lol! I hadn't thot of that one for a long time. Loved that game.
    04-22-12 10:18 AM
    I thought the inclusion of Angry Birds put an end to the arguement of lack of games?
    I think you may have to get out more!

I have yet to play any Angry Birds. Although the local crows are close enough for my tastes.
    ambarmetta likes this.
    04-22-12 10:39 AM
    Well let's get Yars revenge while we're at it and Lunar Lander. These have to be relatively simple to do.
    04-22-12 12:48 PM
    I have 166 great apps and video games on my playbook, whoever started this thread needs help. I use the apps and "good games" regularly - what's your problem? Cant read or navigate app world? That is NOT rim's problem kiddo.
    04-22-12 03:21 PM
    There are a few MMorpg's already in app world. Not sure what you mean. All thats coming out for the PB is decent quality games.

Do you know what mmorpg means?
    Massive Multi player Online Role Playing Game.

Are you looking for games like warcraft?
    I'm finding outstanding quality among the games and apps I've bought.
    04-22-12 03:24 PM
    Wasn't going to come back to this thread as per my last comment, but just wanted to ask people to be easy on the outright hostility towards the OP. I'm still not 100% on what he actually wanted to know.
    04-22-12 03:43 PM
    Hello all,

We have just release our new action-RPG on BB10 and PlayBook devices.

The game is a fast-paced action game, with RPG elements. It is a one-of-its-kind on Blackberry, hope you will like it.

Do check it out on Blackberry Appworld!!
    BlackBerry World - Song of Swords
    Few in-game screenshots:
    why don't Playbook Release a Good Game....-sos-weapons.jpg
    why don't Playbook Release a Good Game....-sos-boss-fights.jpg
    why don't Playbook Release a Good Game....-sos-special-powers.jpg

Thanks for your support!!
    Cheers..
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    10-03-13 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD