hi all, please tell me, how come PIC files don't stay organized according to name or date taken ? on the PC, in the folder, all is good .. but once i sync to the playbook, the pics get all messed up and show up in a completely different order. help plz
    09-13-12 05:00 AM
    They get sorted as per file name and date and weird combination of both
    09-13-12 05:09 AM
    Because of that I did rename all files on pc to start with year-month-date, so PB would show chronological photos. No other device needed that so far. Ugly.

Even worse: Videos made with playbook show a different name than filename like date T-time ... the T breaks the sorting order. All video files made on other devices respect the real filename. How stupid is that!!

Ray
    09-13-12 06:38 AM
    Very! But they are working on this and maybe you should see a reword in the updated OS.
    09-13-12 07:13 AM
    Videos made with playbook show a different name than filename like date T-time ... the T breaks the sorting order. All video files made on other devices respect the real filename. How stupid is that!!

Ray
    This is not really true. All videos, regardless of source, get their name not from the file name but from the tags associated with the video (unless there is no tag- then the file name will show). You can edit tags in Windows explorer by right clicking on the vid, choosing properties, then the details tab, and then changing the "Title" info. Simply changing the file name will not affect the tags.
    09-13-12 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD