Best Buy has really turned out to be a dud of a "premium retailer" or whatever they were called at launch. Why don't they sell the Leather Journal Case online even? Every time I've been in there they don't have any cases in stock. I would go to Staples but I have gift cards and reward zone certificates that could cover this.
    05-23-11 11:27 PM
    Cause they suck .. point blank!
    05-23-11 11:31 PM
    I was wondering the same thing, I finally broke down and went to Staples and purchased the journal case. Now everywhere I go people say " nice case, Blackberry makes a tablet?". It has a distinct look and I'm gald I bought it
    05-23-11 11:34 PM
    If you don't mind dealing with walmart and wait a bit for their "ship to store" option, Walmart sells it for $40.

Walmart.com: BlackBerry Journal Case for PlayBook: Computers
    semicoln likes this.
    05-24-11 12:17 AM
    If you don't mind dealing with walmart and wait a bit for their "ship to store" option, Walmart sells it for $40.

Excellent tip, I wouldn't have thought of Walmart. I just placed the order.
    05-24-11 12:33 AM
    I heard the cases were recalled sometime ago. Dunno if that is why
    05-24-11 01:34 AM
    I purchased mine at the Best Buy in Whitby.
    05-24-11 06:51 AM
    It is hit and miss at Staples.

Some Staples sell the Targus flip case but even that is not a guarantee.

I really want the targus Journal case anyone have it?
    05-24-11 07:29 AM
    I heard the cases were recalled sometime ago. Dunno if that is why
    Yes, there was a PlayBook case that was recalled but it was the convertible case. I went with the journal case because of the real leather.
    05-24-11 07:49 AM

WOW, never even thought about Walmart.....could have saved $20
    05-24-11 07:54 AM
    I just ordered a journal case from Bestbuy online this morning when they had the 20% sales in accessories. Free shipping too.
    I can't even find the journal case on Best Buy's site! Are you in Canada?
    05-24-11 12:12 PM
    Yes, there was a PlayBook case that was recalled but it was the convertible case. I went with the journal case because of the real leather.
    where did u read that? I have a convertible case......
    05-24-11 12:23 PM
    what the reason it is recalled? mine was bought couple days ago, the rubber seems not adherented well with the case which is already much less than the journal case. i winder if this is the issue.
    10-26-11 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD