So, after. Bunch of searching i cannot find a post with a reason why the playbook used with a bluetooth keyboard cannot make use of the spell checker.

I can find post confirming it doesn't work but not why and not if there are are any known workarounds or expected fixes.

Is anyone in the know regards this?
    09-30-13 11:12 AM
    do you mean spell check or autocorrect?
    09-30-13 11:15 AM
    I meant auto-correct, thanks for pointing out my error. The spelling/typing errors do get highlighted but you cannot correct via touch and select.
    09-30-13 11:24 AM
    So, after. Bunch of searching i cannot find a post with a reason why the playbook used with a bluetooth keyboard cannot make use of the spell checker.

I can find post confirming it doesn't work but not why and not if there are are any known workarounds or expected fixes.

Is anyone in the know regards this?
    There's highlight when you misspelled but no suggested correct words.
    09-30-13 11:33 AM
    This is likely by design.
    There is little need for auto correct when you have a physical keyboard.
    You connect the keyboard for precision typing, auto correct would just interfere.

Maybe having the option would be best though, more choice is always good.
    09-30-13 01:25 PM
    This is likely by design.
    There is little need for auto correct when you have a physical keyboard.
    You connect the keyboard for precision typing, auto correct would just interfere.

Maybe having the option would be best though, more choice is always good.
    It would be nice though for us that don't spell so good.
    09-30-13 01:43 PM
    It would be nice though for us that don't spell so good.
    I had more misspelled words using the mini keyboard than the on screen keyboard. The only advantage is you get a bit more real estate using the mini keyboard.
    dphjeff likes this.
    09-30-13 01:45 PM
    Good idea to disable the autocorrect from my standpoint because it can do strange (q*ueer is a verboten word) things which might even embarass you if not caught. Leave word suggestion and spell check on.
    09-30-13 02:39 PM
    That is just the way it is!!!!! Just another unfinished function on the pb. And, no, don't expect any resolution.
    09-30-13 03:43 PM
    That is just the way it is!!!!! Just another unfinished function on the pb. And, no, don't expect any resolution.
    Great! Now we need another thread asking for upgrade on our mini keyboards.
    09-30-13 03:48 PM
    Hello, my autocorrect stops working, half of the time, when I'm using the onscreen keyboard.
    09-30-13 06:55 PM
    Hello, my autocorrect stops working, half of the time, when I'm using the onscreen keyboard.
    Try turning off your auto correct, restart your playbook and turn it back on again.
    09-30-13 07:32 PM
    You can get spelling suggestions with the BlueTooth keyboard by activating the on-screen keyboard. You do lose real estate, but when you are checking redlined words, with the on-screen keyboard and a tap over the redlined word, you do get the suggestions. Unfortunately. Autocorrect will still not work.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-30-13 09:31 PM
    I have experienced a missing spell check and autcocorrect on the on-screen keyboard as well. It appears that apps can disable it. I have found that it is more likely to be missing on Android ports.
    10-02-13 06:12 AM