Shark!!!!!!!! Aaaahhhhhhh where for gods sake?????????? Shark shark get out of the water!
    It's sharknadoes!
    Why does the Playbook have so many devoted fans?-images-2.jpeg
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-09-13 11:29 AM
    I believe that if you want, games, instagram and other "usefull" apps PlayBook isn't the best idea. If you want a swiss knife of tablets, PlayBook it's a very good option.
    sad_old_man and Spencerdl like this.
    09-09-13 11:31 AM
    )) best response, till now! )
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-09-13 11:34 AM
    )) best response, till now! )
    I likes you I does and I likes your pikture az well as long as your not from that funny country, you know the one "up there" and your not a woman? Hard to tell from here?
    09-09-13 11:40 AM
    Why does the Playbook have so many devoted fans?

Everybody loves a orphan.

Maybe should be renamed Annie.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-09-13 01:21 PM
    Why does the Playbook have so many devoted fans?

Everybody loves a orphan.

Maybe should be renamed Annie.
    Aaaaaaahhhhhh suddenly I'm an orphan!!!!!! Oh whatever next? Nobody loves me, nobody wants me, cast out in the world alone and unloved!!!!! Boo hoo woe is me!
    09-09-13 01:35 PM
    Indeed!
    It's the Mylie Cyrus of the tablets

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-09-13 01:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Excellent response. I like that!

What does it mean?
    dphjeff likes this.
    09-09-13 02:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's not an accurate analogy comparing playbook to that twerkie. For one as a tablet, playbook is far from lightweight and lack substance. If any negative connotation is being use it should be directed to the maker BlackBerry. Like Michael Lohan of tech or the Joan Crawford of device makers. :P
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-09-13 02:37 PM
    "Why does the Playbook have so many devoted fans?"

'cuz no other tab has an "always on" internet via bridge, (which also no other tab/phone combo has), all you need is phone service, of ANY kind, & you have a web connection,,, & i've decided that no matter what my next phone is, i'm keeping my 9850 & playbook as a travel computer...
    09-09-13 02:41 PM
    Because it works and for what I paid for 3 of them I still saved money over all the other ones out there.

Plus it works with BB Bridge with my 9930. Can the rotten apple do that? Can the android do that? Im not sure and dont care.
    LOL, the best answer ever. We don't care!
    11-22-13 12:59 PM
    I truly feel I got the best device period, and that's what matters. I can achieve all of what I need from this PlayBook.
    dphjeff likes this.
    11-24-13 08:30 AM
    Former playbook owner here, now a 32 gig nexus 7 2013 owner. And honestly I liked the build quality and the swipe to unlock and the multitasking.

But for all the playbook did the Nexus 7 2013 is a much more superior device all in all. Double the ram double the cores plus a 500mhz processor boost. Plus the addition of android 4.4 and the ART runtime and this thing is fast!

Not to mention I get all the apps when I want them

Oh and that snapdragon s4 pro in the nexus 7 2013 really has krait 300 cores not krait 200 cores so technically this beast has a snapdragon 600 not a s4 pro

Not to mention the 7 2013 feels like it's half the thickness lol

All that being said when released the playbook was way ahead of its time, see my thread bb playbook ahead of its time lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    12-04-13 08:11 AM
    Do you have flash in the browser on your Nexus?
    Does it have an HDMI connector?
    Watching live soccer and TV streaming on the PB is still better in terms of image quality than even my Z30, but it could do with a faster processor.
    However, image quality on the PlayBook is unbeatable.
    I have had the PB and the Ipad2 run BBC World News in HD from Live station in Canada side by side. The PB image is 10xx better!
    I also compare the quality of the same channel with what Rogers gives through cable on my big screen HDMI TV. The PlayBook beats even that!

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 08:51 AM
    Actually I do on both accounts lol I have a USB OTG for HD output. And I installed flash 11.1 via the apk on the Adobe website.

12-04-13 10:48 AM

Chrome viewing and in browser flash video that my Windows phone 8 can now. It was as wp8 does not have flash

12-04-13 10:52 AM
    Not to sure about other DIEHARD BLACKBERRY fans, but I wanted it because it was a BLACKBERRY and I still use it because its a BLACKBERRY device that suits MY needs
    Kimberella likes this.
    12-04-13 11:04 AM
    Oh I'm not against blackberry I loved my playbook, but I just needed something more capable

12-04-13 11:09 AM
    It does only a couple of things but it does them very well. We have four PBS and it daily.

Post via CB Z10
    12-04-13 11:14 AM
    It does a lot of things, portable music, TV player, web surfing, file editing, Vnc, sft and ssh into remote work computers, camera, it all fits in your pocket, it has a fantastic screen.
    The only problem with it is that it is now becoming slower than both Z10 and Z30. However, I still prefer watching TV in the kitchen, in the laundry room and on the road on it rather than on Z30.
    It looks like finally other tablets have caught up but if you have to install Google Chrome for flash and let Google spy on you...better off with an old PB.
    I really don't see what apps you are missing that are actually useful.
    The first apps I deleted when my Z10 and Z30 arrived were Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and all the cloud storage tools.
    Why have my files out there for everyone to steal when I can have the cloud in my pocket? There is nothing cheaper and smaller form factor than memory today. It's easy to carry on you terabytes of data.
    No need for the cloud.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    12-04-13 11:29 AM
    With all the negativity swirling around the Playbook, I was just wondering what is it about the device that causes so many people to consider it superior to all other tablets out there in the marketplace? It is a phenomenon that I have never fully and completely understood.
    Cause it's a blackberry.
    El Bori likes this.
    12-04-13 12:42 PM
    I am re-posting the following from another thread because it belongs more here, in response to this question:

I use my Playbook every day. In fact I am using it right now.

It's a shame about the complete lack of marketing this thing received. The bluetooth sharing of the Internet connection with a BlackBerry phone, without resorting to the battery-killing Wifi hotspot feature of my phone, or even needing the Wifi hotspot feature at all (and thus avoiding any any extra carrier fees), is the greatest tablet feature in the history of the form factor, and I am not exaggerating. When I explain to people why I still have a BlackBerry phone (because I own this tablet, which in turn uses this wonderful feature but obligates you to carry a BB phone, which is the major reason I have stuck with BB), they are amazed, and readily acknowledge what a tremendously attractive feature it is. To my knowledge, no other tablet on the market - still - does this when paired with any other phone FOR FREE. I will be a BB user on both phone and tablet until this thing dies, and then I will sorely miss it.
    dphjeff likes this.
    12-04-13 03:04 PM
    It does a lot of things, portable music, TV player, web surfing, file editing, Vnc, sft and ssh into remote work computers, camera, it all fits in your pocket, it has a fantastic screen.
    The only problem with it is that it is now becoming slower than both Z10 and Z30. However, I still prefer watching TV in the kitchen, in the laundry room and on the road on it rather than on Z30.
    It looks like finally other tablets have caught up but if you have to install Google Chrome for flash and let Google spy on you...better off with an old PB.
    I really don't see what apps you are missing that are actually useful.
    The first apps I deleted when my Z10 and Z30 arrived were Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and all the cloud storage tools.
    Why have my files out there for everyone to steal when I can have the cloud in my pocket? There is nothing cheaper and smaller form factor than memory today. It's easy to carry on you terabytes of data.
    No need for the cloud.

Posted via CB10
    Stop with the google spying on you nonsense......its not spying if you agree to their terms and services.....there are more ways for gov'ts and other co's to spy on you then your tablet and in far more malicious ways....if that's a selling point of the playbook then no wonder it was a complete and utter failure commercially...only aluminum foil wearing conspiracy theorists bought them and current marketing shows that they are a pretty small demographic....btw I own a playbook with a nexus 7 in the house....I personally prefer the playbook purely for the multitasking....watching a youtube video, and reading an article is a nice way to relax and being able to switch between both is perfect.....but without a doubt the playbooks biggest selling point is Bridge...its still not touched by other services as of yet given the fact that it allows for true portability of the tablet once paired with a bb phone.
    12-04-13 04:10 PM
    I have the Playbook 64GB got it cheap �129 and its just not fit for purpose now the apps sucks the browser sucks and now even the email sucks��..l only use it to watch the odd movie when i'm on hols. I bought a Nook HD cheap �99 for 16GB and that beats the pants off it, not as study but it will do the job for me at work���.check and reply to email, watch Flipboard Zite etc
    12-04-13 05:18 PM
    I still have my PlayBook, blackberry bold 9900 and q10. Not giving them up. The browser is great still, there is a bug with media not playing on websites for some odd reason, but it is still a damn good tablet. Bashing it without any reason is not nice. Just enjoy what you have and if you don't like it, don't use it. Be happy with your nook, android tablet and other technology, but don't bash us users or fans.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10
    12-04-13 05:25 PM
190 ... 5678