hmmm, lets see how well you do when I shove you off a cliff?
    Who's cliff?
    offyoutoddle likes this.
    08-25-13 02:49 PM
    that would be Cliff if it was a who. Not cliff, like I said.

OMG did I just become a grammar nazi? WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE TO ME???

oh yuk, I need a shower....
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-25-13 02:54 PM
    that would be Cliff if it was a who. Not cliff, like I said.

OMG did I just become a grammar nazi? WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE TO ME???

oh yuk, I need a shower....
    Mmmmmmmm cliff is not the same as cliff? When is a cliff not a cliff, when it's an pete? Ta da!!!!!!!!!!!
    offyoutoddle likes this.
    08-25-13 02:59 PM
    08-25-13 03:03 PM
    You just found it Man Friday!
    sad_old_man and Angus_CB like this.
    08-25-13 03:08 PM
    Do you mind? I'm trying to converse with a convict from Australia who has a mate called cliff? Well it might be pete actually he's not sure!
    08-25-13 03:13 PM
    I work in IT. Don't you know we don't have mates?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-25-13 03:14 PM
    I work in IT. Don't you know we don't have mates?
    You work in it? Mmmmmmmm it being an office, truck, cellar, bar? Oh I know your playing a guessing game?

Ok I like them. You say if I'm getting warmer or colder?

I guess you work in a chip shop?

Oooohhhh am I right?
    08-25-13 03:18 PM
    Do you mind? I'm trying to converse with a convict from Australia who has a mate called cliff? Well it might be pete actually he's not sure!
    Yes, I forgot, this is actually one of those rare threads with "A topic". So, how's that working out for you?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-25-13 03:25 PM
    With all the negativity swirling around the Playbook, I was just wondering what is it about the device that causes so many people to consider it superior to all other tablets out there in the marketplace? It is a phenomenon that I have never fully and completely understood.
    Besides the great user interface, i can multi task better than on other devices. The video chat with my daughters playbook integrates into my BBM video . She is 8 and loves calling me to talk and show me things. Also using the HDMI out allows Me and others in the house to use the Playbook on the big screen to game or whatever else. Its a solid device for email and social media accounts.
    There is more, but ultimately, you need to use one to decide for yourself. I'm device agnostic and bought it because of the multitasking ability, and ease of use. Also, the Playbook showed me what BB10 was going to be like On a phone. I was sold . I have 2 playbooks and 2 Z10s. I have never before owned a BlackBerry device. I think the use of the bezel As an action function is genius. It allows for more creative ways to accomplish things and eliminates the need for using buttons. It is not intuitive when placed in your hand, but becomes 2nd nature as you use it. Kinda like breathing ; you don't think "opps I forgot to breathe" because there wasn't a button for it on your body, you just breathe. I find the Playbook the same way. It becomes natural.
    Which is why i like this phone. It is a discoverable OS.

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    08-25-13 03:26 PM
    Who's cliff?
    That's Sir Cliff to you!
    Why does the Playbook have so many devoted fans?-imgres-1.jpeg
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-25-13 03:46 PM
    Yes, I forgot, this is actually one of those rare threads with "A topic". So, how's that working out for you?
    "A"CTUALLY it's working out fine especially with "A" topic to follow. I am "A" devoted fan of the playbook but have "A" devout hatred of "A" Z10. If I had "A" working bridge I would be "A" lot happier!
    FF22 and cmdr_dan like this.
    08-25-13 03:47 PM
    That's Sir Cliff to you!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imgres-1.jpeg 
Views:	209 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	195694
    Please try to stay on topic cat!
    08-25-13 03:49 PM
    "A"CTUALLY it's working out fine especially with "A" topic to follow. I am "A" devoted fan of the playbook but have "A" devout hatred of "A" Z10. If I had "A" working bridge I would be "A" lot happier!
    Hahahahahahahah som being happy. Becareful, apply a lot of vaseline petroleum jelly, dont want your face to crack into pieces.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-25-13 03:50 PM
    Please try to stay on topic cat!
    Because I'm watching Sir Cliff on my playbook performing your favourite song?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-25-13 03:53 PM
    Hahahahahahahah som being happy. Becareful, apply a lot of vaseline petroleum jelly, dont want your face to crack into pieces.
    Nice try but your not getting in????????? Ha ha!
    08-25-13 04:13 PM
    Nice try but your not getting in????????? Ha ha!
    Thanks for helping me regurgitate a few fur balls....
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-25-13 04:16 PM
    Thanks for helping me regurgitate a few fur balls....
    Anytime!
    08-25-13 04:23 PM
    Hi playbook fans, I get a 64GB a month ago and I love the tablet. anyways, i've wanted to video chat with someone on the playbook so if anyone is up to it?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-25-13 04:30 PM
    With all the negativity swirling around the Playbook, I was just wondering what is it about the device that causes so many people to consider it superior to all other tablets out there in the marketplace? It is a phenomenon that I have never fully and completely understood.
    I don't know about "so many". But I think the reason it has fans at all is because, like others are saying, it is good hardware, durable, and does what is needed. I would add that it is a great size.

I pre-ordered one each for my wife and me and took delivery the week it went on sale. We are still using them, no problems, and we are happy with them. My only problem is there won't be a new PlayBook to buy when these eventually wear out. And it is sad that BlackBerry didn't follow through and deliver the PlayBook that it promised.
    bambinoitaliano, FF22 and cmdr_dan like this.
    08-25-13 04:43 PM
    How about keeping things simple?

Even in its half finished state, it was at the time of its release and still is the best tablet on the market!!!!! It's size, it's ease of use makes the user feel comfortable with it. It had the potential to be the number one selling tablet on the market but it was never designed to be that. It was designed to test out bb10 for the handsets and did its job successfully without a doubt.

People say the pb won't run bb10 but if you look at its file system it is absolutely littered with crap. File and directory duplication everywhere you look. Trying to make a bb be a DROID device at the same time was a mistake and I still stand by my statement that if you strip out all the droid crap from both the pb and bb10, not only would you have a better bb10 OS, it would also run on the pb.

Even so I have tried ipads droid tablets and I still take my pb everywhere with me, even up there.

There's a thing!!!!!!!!!! I might start a new thread, HOW HIGH AS YOUR PB BEEN?

To me the pb is like an old MG A, Mustang, Charger or other fine piece of cherished equipment. If your lucky enough to own one, stop bleating about what it won't do, what it might do, what you would like it to do and just enjoy the time that it's in your hands!!!!!!!!

You will miss it when it's gone, trust me!!!!!
    dphjeff and cmdr_dan like this.
    08-25-13 05:21 PM

Even in its half finished state, it was at the time of its release and still is the best tablet on the market!!!!! It's size, it's ease of use makes the user feel comfortable with it. It had the potential to be the number one selling tablet on the market but it was never designed to be that. It was designed to test out bb10 for the handsets and did its job successfully without a doubt.

People say the pb won't run bb10 but if you look at its file system it is absolutely littered with crap. File and directory duplication everywhere you look. Trying to make a bb be a DROID device at the same time was a mistake and I still stand by my statement that if you strip out all the droid crap from both the pb and bb10, not only would you have a better bb10 OS, it would also run on the pb.

Even so I have tried ipads droid tablets and I still take my pb everywhere with me, even up there.

To me the pb is like an old MG A, Mustang, Charger or other fine piece of cherished equipment. If your lucky enough to own one, stop bleating about what it won't do, what it might do, what you would like it to do and just enjoy the time that it's in your hands!!!!!!!!

Well, domestic flight - what, about 25,000-35,000 feet just yesterday. (dare I admit that it was not turned off during takeoff and landing)

Driving up to 13,000 feet last week.
    cmdr_dan likes this.
    08-25-13 06:23 PM
    Well, domestic flight - what, about 25,000-35,000 feet just yesterday. (dare I admit that it was not turned off on takeoff and landing)

Driving up to 13,000 feet last week.
    08-25-13 06:25 PM

Talk about falling off into the crack between two management. That's what happen to PB. Fumbling by the two former Ceos and treated like a pariah by the new one.
    cmdr_dan likes this.
    08-25-13 06:34 PM
    Do you Australians know what it means to be on the list?
    The Australian list unrolls from beneath, right, since they're in the Southern Hemisphere? Gotta make sure that they can read their names in the right orientation. They get their own squares too, I hope.....
    08-25-13 10:16 PM
190 ... 23456 ...