Playbook is useful and still has better specs than clone Android tablets still selling today. OS is not BB10 but you are about 90% there. bridge with BBOS was awesome unless you got ****TY ATT. Overall still a good tablet, if the eco system was better it would still be a contender.
    08-23-13 07:03 AM
    I bought my PlayBook last fall and it was quite inexpensive. That was my first reason for buying it. I'm a BlackBerry fan. I also own an iPod Touch so I can use most of the iPhone apps anyway. I like using my PlayBook near the end of the day when my eyes are a bit tired. I have an HTC Desire as a spare phone. I never liked the Desire or the Android OS. My Desire seldomly gets used. A lend it to friends once in a while.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 07:09 AM
    To put it in simpler terms the BlackBerry Playbook is a great device that can do a lot as a stand alone tablet, unlike other platforms that need apps to work. For example the other fruit which I'll dare not say it's name as a sign of respect is just a over sized music player that needs a lot of purchased apps to work, it can't do anything in house. Second we have the robot, again I will not say it's name, better than the fruit in my opinion but is also just bloatware, don't belive me try using it without in putting any of your information, it goes bonkers. Lastly we have the Window, great as a standalone product but if any of you guys have used windows 8 not the surface it crashes alot. I've had mine for only a month and every time it goes on standby and you try to use it, it crashes or freezes. Well thanks for hearing me out but no you know. Much potential in this little bugger.
    dmlis likes this.
    08-23-13 11:43 AM
    I honestly have no idea. I got a PlayBook the moment it launched, being a huge fan of BB phones myself, and all it did was disappoint. I've had the paperweight for a little under three years now, and it's showing its age, unlike my sister's Nook, which she got around the same time. Partly, this can be attributed to the fact that I'm a heavy user (and that's a bit of an understatement, really) but I got the PlayBook because my BlackBerry held up under the tremendous usage strain I put on it. The PlayBook did not. Not only this, but it lacks apps like others have.

If I could go back in time, I'd tell my past!self that she might as well burn the 500$ for as much good buying the PlayBook'll do her.
    08-23-13 01:24 PM
    I wouldn't consider myself a devoted fan. It is the best tablet for me. Sure it doesn't have the app portfolio other tablets have but they don't have what the Playbook has either.

Here are some of my favorite uses.
    1. Bridge-hands down my #1 app of all time.
    2. Multi-tasking-The ability to start a video or audio capture and side bezel gesture to a different app full screen.
    3. Product durability-I dropped mine on the same corner twice. Little visible damage.
    4. Size-It slides easily into most of my pant pockets.
    5. Print To Go-I print many files to the shop floor devices. I just select Print To Go from my printer list and I can send details to anybody in our company..

If I have to define myself as "devoted" and then justify why, I would have to say because there is no better combination that my BB phone and my BB tablet. I would sacrifice Netflix, Istangram and just about any other "needed" app before i would give up what I listed above.
    dmlis likes this.
    08-23-13 02:10 PM
    The PB, to me, is the perfect gaming/media machine. The only thing it is lacking in are games and apps unfortunately.
    08-23-13 03:25 PM
    The best combination was my 9900 and PlayBook. Always connected. Nothing even comes close today.

BlackBerry made a huge strategic mistake with the PlayBook. The smartphone/tablet combination was their strategic advantage. Now they are just another smartphone maker.
    08-23-13 03:37 PM
    yes. yes and a thousand times yes. I sometimes think the bungled bridge v3 is more about internal politics than anything else . It surely isn't technically impossible.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-23-13 03:46 PM
    I was going to get a Nexus 7 when a customer gave me a 64GB PlayBook. I really want the Nexus and am waiting for a reason to dump the PlayBook but can't find one. The PlayBook does everything I need a tablet for.
    08-23-13 04:53 PM
    I honestly have no idea. I got a PlayBook the moment it launched, being a huge fan of BB phones myself, and all it did was disappoint. I've had the paperweight for a little under three years now, and it's showing its age, unlike my sister's Nook, which she got around the same time. Partly, this can be attributed to the fact that I'm a heavy user (and that's a bit of an understatement, really) but I got the PlayBook because my BlackBerry held up under the tremendous usage strain I put on it. The PlayBook did not. Not only this, but it lacks apps like others have.

If I could go back in time, I'd tell my past!self that she might as well burn the 500$ for as much good buying the PlayBook'll do her.
    So does your PB serves as paperweight, or do you use it a lot? I am not sure how to read your post.

Also - how is it showing it's age? Many people here say that PB is the most durable devise there is.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 05:13 PM
    Mine is collecting dust on the shelf after I got the ipad mini ( I also have nexus 7, HP touchpad)
    I got it for free and I thought I could live with it until the new OS but I gave up.
    Lacking of apps and games are not a problem but there are so many things I couldn't take any more
    - No Netflix , Hulu, amazon prime video.
    - Slow browser. Talking about flash, I can get browser with flash for the nexus 7.
    - File transfer: have you heard of airDroid?
    - Heavy, try to hold it one hand. After a week, my wrist started having problem
    - No basic photo slide show. I couldn't even turn it into a desk digital photo frame. This is really lame.
    - Constantly get pop up for yahoo password if I logged in the same account on my computer.
    - Stupid tiny power down/sleep button.
    - No other languages.
    Things I like:
    - form factor, I hate widescreen of the nexus.
    - beautiful screen
    - user interface, keyboard.
    I don't know about Netflix and Hulu but I can watch my Amazon Prime videos straight from Amazon's site on the browser. There's a play button right in the photo app to start a sideshow. And as far as the tiny button, all you have to do is tap the battery icon and get the same results.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 08:01 PM
    tools not toys...

Toys not abandonware

Sent from my Rise using CB Forums mobile app
    08-24-13 09:29 AM
    Mine is collecting dust on the shelf after I got the ipad mini ( I also have nexus 7, HP touchpad)
    I got it for free and I thought I could live with it until the new OS but I gave up.
    Lacking of apps and games are not a problem but there are so many things I couldn't take any more
    - No Netflix , Hulu, amazon prime video.
    - Slow browser. Talking about flash, I can get browser with flash for the nexus 7.
    - File transfer: have you heard of airDroid?
    - Heavy, try to hold it one hand. After a week, my wrist started having problem
    - No basic photo slide show. I couldn't even turn it into a desk digital photo frame. This is really lame.
    - Constantly get pop up for yahoo password if I logged in the same account on my computer.
    - Stupid tiny power down/sleep button.
    - No other languages.
    Things I like:
    - form factor, I hate widescreen of the nexus.
    - beautiful screen
    - user interface, keyboard.
    Slow browser - True. But there are alternatives, e.g.Origami Browser.
    File transfer - I don't see any problem. Either with native tools, or with Dukto or similar apps.
    Heavy -... hmm, interesting. Heavier than HP Touchpad?
    Photo slide - yes, no native app for that and you have to find one. But wait... you have to do the same with most other tablets as well.
    Yahoo password - yes, it's common issue discussed on forums. You need to edit your email settings.
    Power/sleep button - do you really need to press it? I almost forgot about its existence.
    No other languages - ... excuse me? are you serious?
    Last edited by dmlis; 08-25-13 at 05:23 AM.
    08-24-13 09:55 AM
    The playbook only became popular after it got the massive price drops then it became the peoples tablet. Cheap affordable and reliable

Much like the early Volkswagen or model T ford both referred to as the peoples cars

sad_old_man likes this.
    08-24-13 10:03 AM
    The playbook only became popular after it got the massive price drops then it became the peoples tablet. Cheap affordable and reliable

Much like the early Volkswagen or model T ford both referred to as the peoples cars

Doesn't that mean I'm now officially a people?
    08-24-13 01:02 PM
    Doesn't that mean I'm now officially a people?
    come on, lets not go too far....
    sad_old_man, FF22 and cmdr_dan like this.
    08-25-13 01:39 PM
    come on, lets not go too far....
    Ok your on the list! Officially!!!!!!!!!
    08-25-13 02:04 PM
    Woohooo! And my teachers always called me an underachiever! Look at me now teach, who,s laughing now!

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    08-25-13 02:08 PM
    Woohooo! And my teachers always called me an underachiever! Look at me now teach, who,s laughing now!

Posted via CB10
    Do you Australians know what it means to be on the list?
    08-25-13 02:17 PM
    Ok your on the list! Officially!!!!!!!!!
    I assume this means there also is an unofficial way to the list?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-25-13 02:30 PM
    I assume this means there also is an unofficial way to the list?
    You just found it Man Friday!
    08-25-13 02:33 PM
    I'm not a convict, UK here thank you! Oh and on the subject of lists, welcome to MINE

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-25-13 02:38 PM
    I'm not a convict, UK here thank you! Oh and on the subject of lists, welcome to MINE

Posted via CB10
    Yes but your in England and you can't fly so there!
    offyoutoddle likes this.
    08-25-13 02:41 PM
    hmmm, lets see how well you do when I shove you off a cliff?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-25-13 02:47 PM
    hmmm, lets see how well you do when I shove you off a cliff?
    and your still on the list
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-25-13 02:47 PM
190 12345 ...