So i got my PB a week ago and i've installed the software update 1.0.6.2390. I use the PB for about a day and then it says a new update is available, when its the same update. So i install it and the same thing happens..what the **** is going on lol..does this happen to anybody else? And if so how do i get it to stop telling me i need to update it. (i checked if there was a thread like this already but havent found anything.)

Thanks
    07-10-11 11:22 AM
    First question: Do you delete anything like the hotmail app or similar? If so, they are automatic update notifications once removed. So when you go check for updates, or the auto prompt, it tells you a new update is ready. But those updates are only about 5mb or such.
    CLTrujillo likes this.
    07-10-11 11:31 AM
    If you remove what the PB considers core applications at this time, like AOL Mail, Gmail, etc., it will give you an update notice, which puts those programs back on the PB. They don't take up much space, so just ignore the apps you don't use for now.
    CLTrujillo likes this.
    07-10-11 11:37 AM
    Well that's the answer then -_-. I deleted AOL and Hotmail apps. Thanks for the help!
    07-10-11 11:42 AM
    No worries, I think everyone goes down that road and gets frustrated at the fact that you are not able to remove a few items (or hide them) without it asking for updates! Take care and enjoy your Playbook!
    07-10-11 11:44 AM
    07-10-11 09:30 PM
    ba da bum ching
    07-10-11 09:38 PM
    That was happening to me to, now I know why. Thanks to all for the info.
    Maxsisprime likes this.
    07-10-11 11:14 PM
    repeat repeat repeatrepeat repeatrepeat repeatrepeat repeatrepeat repeatrepeat repeatrepeat repeatrepeat repeatrepeat repeatrepeat repeatvrepeat repeatrepeat repeatrepeat repeatrepeat repeatrepeat repeatrepeat repeatrepeat repeatrepeat repeatrepeat repeatrepeat repeatrepeat repeatrepeat repeatrepeat repeatrepeat repeat

When will it end...

Tim
    07-11-11 12:26 AM
    07-11-11 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD