Am I the only one sick and tired of all the PB posts on the main page? ENOUGH ALREADY! Why would I want this device anyways? It does not replace my computer, totally useless! It was only made because of the iPad, had it not been for that, this would have never been made. I'm so sick and tired of everyone thinking they have to be like Apple and copy everything Apple does and believe me I'm far from a Apple fan myself!

Just stop it already!
    06-19-11 05:17 AM
    useless?

I love my tablets, ipad, pb, love them. 500,000 first quarter sales of the pb say your a minority.
    06-19-11 05:25 AM
    sales?
    500000 shipped, not sold

and no, i love blackberry ! (cant wait for my bold 9900)
    and maybe in 2012 i'll buy a tablet, but only because i'll buy a QNX phone and i guess it'd be fun to own another QNX device then, but i wouldnt really use it, why would i? everything a tablet can do, a phone can do better and faster, a smartphone is a truly "all-in-one-device"...
    and sorry, but i actually have to laugh at people who think a tablet can replace a laptop/computer, thats so ridiculous, a tablet could never replace a laptop
    tablets are not useful, end of discussion
    Last edited by Seijuro; 06-19-11 at 05:33 AM.
    06-19-11 05:27 AM
    It should be possible for you to scroll past posts that you are not interested in. I do it all the time. Using my Playbook it's very easy.
    06-19-11 05:27 AM
    sales?
    500000 shipped, not sold

and no, i love blackberry !
    and maybe in 2012 i'll buy a QNX tablet the moment i'll have a QNX phone, but not because i need it, just to own another BB device, i wouldnt really use it
    tablets are not useful, end of discussion
    Are you saying RIM would send them to retailers for free?

RIM have sold them to the retailers, up to the retailers to sell them to the consumer.

I cant see retailers holding huge amounts of stock, call around, its hard to get.

Tablets are great, in many ways they are like a smartphone but with a larger screen, larger storage, bigger keyboard, more apps that take advantage of the screen size, etc.

You'll never know until you own one.
    Last edited by Rgainsmi; 06-19-11 at 05:40 AM.
    06-19-11 05:35 AM
    listen to the latest podcast, or read articles about the earnings call

500 000 were shipped, not sold
    its NOT the same

they probably sold like 200k

oh and also:
    do people really carry 7inch-10inch tablets around? i mean, tablets could be fun/nice at home, but there are only 1-2 devices which make sense to carry around when going out

1) smartphone
    2) ipod (even tho i hate apple right now, ipod is still a nice device, apples best product)

i have to add one thing tho: if im ever gonna buy a tablet, it will be the playbook
    : )
    Last edited by Seijuro; 06-19-11 at 05:44 AM.
    06-19-11 05:40 AM
    I carry my Pb, its winter in Melbourne Australia so my jacket pocket is the perfect size.

The 7 inch size and weight is good for portability.
    06-19-11 05:45 AM
    Am I the only one sick and tired of all the PB posts on the main page? ENOUGH ALREADY! Why would I want this device anyways? It does not replace my computer, totally useless! It was only made because of the iPad, had it not been for that tampon this would have never been made. I'm so sick and tired of everyone thinking they have to be like Apple and copy everything Apple does and believe me I'm far from a Apple fan myself!

Just stop it already!
    What do you expect CB to do? This is a BlackBerry/RIM website. Kevin & Co. are there to support and push all RIM products and the PlayBook is by far the most exciting and significant product to come from RIM in YEARS.

Since RIM seems incapable of marketing their products, I personally am glad that Kevin sees fit to advance the PlayBook's cause at every opportunity.
    06-19-11 05:55 AM
    Why does CB keep pimpin' out the PlayBook?

because its the latest device for RIM..

because its the only device so far in 2011 for RIM!!

maybe it will be the only device for RIM in 2011..

ha ha

and why not?

to be fair, alot of news are non-PB so i dont see the reason to complain
    Coldforge and johnmarki like this.
    its not for you to decide. how about you go and make your own web blog and make it the most respect site in what ever community then you can choose what goes on the front page. otherwise you really cant say boo about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by drethos; 06-19-11 at 05:58 AM.
    frifred likes this.
    It the only device from RIM that will be available to everyone regardless of carrier
    06-19-11 05:58 AM
    listen to the latest podcast, or read articles about the earnings call

500 000 were shipped, not sold
    its NOT the same

they probably sold like 200k

oh and also:
    do people really carry 7inch-10inch tablets around? i mean, tablets could be fun/nice at home, but there are only 1-2 devices which make sense to carry around when going out

1) smartphone
    2) ipod (even tho i hate apple right now, ipod is still a nice device, apples best product)

i have to add one thing tho: if im ever gonna buy a tablet, it will be the playbook
    : )
    Why would you bother carrying around 2 devices when your smartphone has a music player?

See we can play that game too, just don't bother with reading about it and read what you're interested in.
    Ferretling likes this.
    06-19-11 06:12 AM
    I'm not saying people are not buying them, but they are only buying them because "it's a BlackBerry" just like the people who buy Apple products who are fanboys...they buy it because it's a new product...chances are most of you don't use your tablets that much lol. Why would I want a 7" screen over a 17.3" 1080p widescreen on my notebook that is a real computer and can do so much more then these tablets can do? Makes no sense to me and I'm hardly a "minority" in this...
    06-19-11 06:13 AM
    Also RIM's numbers are laughable compared to Apple and the iPad lol...and once again I'm hardly an Apple fan!
    06-19-11 06:15 AM
    What about when you have older eyes and find it hard to read some things on your smartphone? The slightly larger screen would be great to have for commuting to read ebooks, watch videos, read blogs. When it's hard for you to read tiny type a larger screen on the go is a godsend.
    TripNFry, steve911 and asherwiin like this.
    06-19-11 06:18 AM
    Also RIM's numbers are laughable compared to Apple and the iPad lol...and once again I'm hardly an Apple fan!
    Android fan maybe? Not surprising that the numbers are laughable as you say since the ipad is in generation 2 and the playbook is still an infant that needs it's diapers changed yet until it grows up.
    06-19-11 06:19 AM
    I'm not saying people are not buying them, but they are only buying them because "it's a BlackBerry" just like the people who buy Apple products who are fanboys...they buy it because it's a new product...chances are most of you don't use your tablets that much lol. Why would I want a 7" screen over a 17.3" 1080p widescreen on my notebook that is a real computer and can do so much more then these tablets can do? Makes no sense to me and I'm hardly a "minority" in this...
    I see the point you are trying to make and you are correct to an extent.
    However there are situations when I prefer the 7" screen to my 13" Macbook.
    Of the top of my head, standing at my factory floor checking the dimensions of a new prototype and comparing it with the pdf drawing on the PB. Taking the PB to a customer meeting and bring up said pdf and excel sheet to compare the product, and not having to wait for a computer to boot up and occupy space on another person's desk.
    And most importantly, lying in bed and browsing the web with no laptop burning my delicates.
    Other than that, you are correct that many tablets are bought for gadget value.
    06-19-11 06:22 AM
    Why would you bother carrying around 2 devices when your smartphone has a music player?

See we can play that game too, just don't bother with reading about it and read what you're interested in.
    i think you clearly misunderstood something here
    im not the one who said im tired of reading about the playbook, im not

i wanna see what RIM has to offer, i wanna know about every device RIM releases and whats happening to/with it
    the playbooks playing a big role in RIMs future !
    im not the OP

all i said is, i dont think tablets are useful, thats all
    im still interested in them, and im following whats happening

oh and about the "smartphone = mp3 player"
    for real?
    im using my blackberry the whole time, as if i would put earphones in it and listen to music, even tho im using it the whole time, writing... sms/fb/bbm/calls/IM+/browsing and way more... that'd be horrible
    why would anyone ever do that?

and yes, i never really tried the mp3-player on my smartphone, but as much as i love blackberry and hate apple, i've never seen a better mp3 player than the ipod
    Last edited by Seijuro; 06-19-11 at 06:25 AM.
    06-19-11 06:22 AM
    i think you clearly misunderstood something here
    im not the one who said im tired of reading about the playbook, im not

i wanna see what RIM has to offer, i wanna know about every device RIM releases and whats happening to/with it
    the playbooks playing a big role in RIMs future !
    im not the OP

all i said is, i dont think tablets are useful, thats all
    im still interested in them, and im following whats happening

oh and about the "smartphone = mp3 player"
    for real?
    im using my blackberry the whole time, as if i would put earphones in it and listen to music, even tho im using it the whole time, writing... sms/fb/bbm/calls/IM+/browsing and way more... that'd be horrible
    why would anyone ever do that?

and yes, i never really tried the mp3-player on my smartphone, but as much as i love blackberry and hate apple, i've never seen a better mp3 player than the ipod
    OK but I don't think ipods are useful when I can carry one device and listen to music on it. I think the bb is capable of listening to music and doing all of that at the same time. It's called multitasking. There are bluetooth headphones.

Basically saying it's a choice so why don't we all just do what we choose to do and why do we really care what someone else does as long as they are not hurting anyone else?
    06-19-11 06:58 AM
    true and agreed !
    06-19-11 07:00 AM
    I've been wondering why MacRumors is continually posting stories about the iPad, too.

Makes no sense at all.
    06-19-11 07:29 AM
    Rgainsmi says: Are you saying RIM would send them to retailers for free?

RIM have sold them to the retailers, up to the retailers to sell them to the consumer.

I can't tell what country you are in but in the USA it is not uncommon for manufacturers to finance or ship to the retailer on credit. So yes RIM may have shipped much of the 500,000 'free'. In the auto industry for example GM may ship 20 cars to a dealer and not see payment for 60 or more days (if at all depending on the floor plan). Pretty sure that Dell is doing it the same way with putting their boxes in Staples.

I cant see retailers holding huge amounts of stock, call around, its hard to get.

Nonsense the 16gb units (again in the US) are EVERYWHERE. Shoot me your zip code and I'll locate 20 for you within walking distance. The 32 and 64 gb models aren't carried in many of the retail stores to eliminate stale stock. In retail, inventory "turns" used to equal profit now it means survival. Most retailers won't tie up space on product that they don't believe will turn over (sell) with frequency, so in this day and age, they turn to the internet and in most cases promise to have the PB in your hands the next day. There is NO SHORTAGE of ANY of the PB's for anyone who wants one. I simply walked into a New Hampshire Best Buy and bought a 64gb right then and there without any serious hunting.

Tablets are great, in many ways they are like a smartphone but with a larger screen, larger storage, bigger keyboard, more apps that take advantage of the screen size, etc.

You'll never know until you own one.
    06-19-11 08:49 AM
    Im not a fan boy, but I do have a 9700 and a playbook, and tbey both go everywhere with me. My playbook IS replacing my computer, and hopefully netflix and/or Hulu will start supporting the playbook, and I will be in 7th heaven. I can't imagine going on my cross country road trip this fall without my playbook in tow
    06-19-11 09:04 AM
    why pb on cb simple pb is made by RIM and yes it's called blackberry pkaybook, that's why..

plus i dont see a new product from RIM came out soo that should answer your questions
    06-19-11 09:13 AM
    Wrong.

I have zero brand loyalty. I use iOS, Android & BB OS's. What gets the job done, no matter the brand, is what gets the job done.

Don't use my PlayBook much? LOL It's been on hikes, been kayaking, even been with me when when I hit the trails on my mt bike. It's used to surf the net, pay bills, watch movies, listen to music, take pics and I can't even count how many times I've used it for work. The list goes on and on and on.

The day I can stick a 17.3" laptop or my netbook for that matter, in my pocket and get out and enjoy life, is the day I'll give up my tablet.
    06-19-11 09:21 AM
82 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD