I've started a thread days ago, asking people why they regret buying their PB. Now I want to hear from those who love their PB. Can you give us some insight why do you love your PB? things like video streaming, apps purchasing just some stuff on why you love PB on its present OS. Lets forget a while the upcoming update lets focus on its present OS.

Glad to hear from you guys
    10-27-11 10:59 AM
    Bridge, flash, UI, OS, hardware (top notch), form factor, excellent gaming (now), desktop browsing experience among other reasons.
    jorkat80 likes this.
    10-27-11 11:09 AM
    Portable,flash,QNX,bridge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 11:19 AM
    UI is fantastic, form-factor is perfect, and hardware id decent.
    jorkat80 likes this.
    10-27-11 11:21 AM
    I like it because:

A. I got what I paid for.
    B. I learned how to use it productively for both work and personal use.
    C. It has become more useful as it has been updated (e.g., the browser is now sharepoint 2010 compatible)

I could give you a list of all of the things that I have been able to do with my playbook but that would be pointless since:
    A. Most of those things have already been listed in other threads like this and...
    B. ...all that matters is RIM's failure to provide updates as promised.
    Too many angry birds to contend with.
    10-27-11 11:30 AM
    i'll give you an example of why I Love my PlayBook:

right now im at lunch my 9800 bridged to the PB surfing CrackBerry, i got my ear buds on listening to my Playlist, im BBMing my sis to see how her day is going and in a bit i will play a quick game before heading back to work.

at home i love watching HD videos from the web either music videos or catching up on one of my TV shows plugged into my LCD TV in my bedroom. i also use Word2Go to prepare my bible class lessons...
    rjgjr and calles like this.
    10-27-11 11:33 AM
    I echo all the above plus....

The PB keeps my Torch company at night when they are changing together ;-)
    10-27-11 11:34 AM
    I bought mine a month ago when Staples had them on sale. What I liked the most and still appreciate is the price. Not only the initial price ($249 for 16g) but also that I have not paid any more after that. I love the wifi. I love the bridge to my bb limitless data plan from vzw. The pb makes my bb smartphone way more useable. I can see what is on the screen easier. I can carry it anywhere with ease. I like surfing, gmail and google calendar access, facebook, moving and editing document to and from my home computer, there are so many things to like about it.
    10-27-11 11:47 AM
    I like the size, hardware, features and flexibility. OS 2 would just be a bonus on top of what's already a great tablet!
    10-27-11 01:37 PM
    Bridge, flash, UI, OS, hardware (top notch), form factor, excellent gaming (now), desktop browsing experience among other reasons.
    Portable,flash,QNX,bridge

UI is fantastic, form-factor is perfect, and hardware id decent.
    I like it because:

A. I got what I paid for.
    B. I learned how to use it productively for both work and personal use.
    C. It has become more useful as it has been updated (e.g., the browser is now sharepoint 2010 compatible)

I could give you a list of all of the things that I have been able to do with my playbook but that would be pointless since:
    A. Most of those things have already been listed in other threads like this and...
    B. ...all that matters is RIM's failure to provide updates as promised.
    Too many angry birds to contend with.
    .....All Of The Above.....
    ....and i got my PB 32Gb for $350 flat....
    ...talk about "saweeeeeeet!!!!".......
    10-27-11 01:55 PM
    I've started a thread days ago, asking people why they regret buying their PB. Now I want to hear from those who love their PB. Can you give us some insight why do you love your PB? things like video streaming, apps purchasing just some stuff on why you love PB on its present OS. Lets forget a while the upcoming update lets focus on its present OS.

Glad to hear from you guys
    Appreciate the fair and balanced approach.

If I had to pick the top reason - it is the fact that I can bridge to my 3G phone - that's worth the cost to me if it ONLY did that. In fact it has saved me so much time in my business being able to browse anywhere I can make a phone call - it has saved me more than I have lost in RIMM investments (on the order of $7K) and still paying for itself!!

Other reasons ? too numerous to mention right now - I'll be back.
    black hole likes this.
    10-27-11 03:43 PM
    I love the music app integration. Very easy and pleasant to use. Not to mention everything else about it.

10-27-11 04:05 PM
    I've had mine about 2 months now. I also recently upgraded from a 9800 to a 9810.

I love my Playbook because I don't need a separate wi-fi plan for it like an iPad would. Bridge is the coolest thing ever! I also use it as a movie player when the wife & I are camping. I keep finding more and more uses for it the longer I have it. So far I love it, and it doesn't have Os2.0 on it or any sort of Android player. I'm ok with it the way it is.

This thing has an awesome browser. The ability to bridge to my phone rocks. The movie playback quality is great. So far everythign I try to do, it does without any problems. What's not to love?
    10-27-11 04:25 PM
    For me its the greatest portable internet access device. (I have a ipad and touchpad in addition to playbook)

I like to size of the playbook better for in car use

I don't need a separate wi-fi plan Bridge

Easier to read and write emails, than using phone

Bluetooth works great, keyboard and mouse for using attached to tv

This is the best reason I like it, Works like a Google TV only I can take it with me and use it for other purposes

Only thing missing for me is a working pogoplug app to watch movies from home storage

Last edited by racemanfl; 10-27-11 at 04:39 PM.
    10-27-11 04:36 PM
    1. Bridge to 9930 -- Internet access anywhere, and it makes native email a non-issue for me.

2. Form factor -- I prefer this size tablet for most everything I do

3. Browser -- nice and fast

4. Video recording -- amazing quality, love the "view finder", and great for recording my kids

5. Native HDMI port -- easy to mirror movies to the TV above my treadmill, or to show my kids the video we just recorded

6. UI -- a true tablet OS

Real life:

A few weeks ago I had a conference call while IT was working on my laptop. Someone emailed a spreadsheet that was being covered during the call. While talking, I was able to get the email and open the spreadsheet on my PB.

I was recently driving the family back from an out-of-town event and my daughter was using my PB to play games. Next thing I know I hear a music video playing. She had lauched Vevo and was streaming videos through my bridged 9930 (that was in my pocket).

I prefer recording with my PB over a traditional camcorder. In the past, when I try to record my son playing hockey or daughter playing basketball, I inevitably get caught up watching the action and the recording suffers. Thanks to the PB's screen, it's much easier to folow the action and keep the play in the frame.
    Last edited by Foppa_21; 10-27-11 at 04:54 PM.
    CracklePot and black hole like this.
    10-27-11 04:38 PM
    The screen resolution is wonderful. I can easily sync my music from itunes thru DM. I can use my browser from wherever I am by bridging to my BB without worrying about an additional data plan. It is the perfect size for MY hands. I can type on the on-screen keyboard easily in landscape mode although I normally do not care to type on screen. The sound is really great so I enjoy using it on my desk at work to listen to music. Videos are beautiful on the PB. I get a kick out of people walking by my office who stop to comment on the beautiful screen and who are amazed when I tell them it is Blackberry. I have used both an ipad and the Galaxy tab and returned both to continue using my PB !
    10-27-11 04:42 PM
    Flash, size, full touch and swipe, bridge, not bearing the apple badge.
    11-20-11 01:43 PM
    Why I love my new Playbook; hmm let me count the ways. (got a 16GB wifi version at office depot for $199 plus tax over the Black Friday weekend).
    1. The size is perfect. The price was too.

2. Holding an Ipad feels to me like holding a (fragile and cheap) dinner plate. The back of an Ipad feels weird; the shape is like the backside of a dinner plate to me. But the playbook is a well built and solid feeling piece of machinery. Beautifully made.

3. BLACKBERRY BRIDGE-connect it with my Storm 2 and I can literally work anywhere I have a cellphone connection. I'm not tied to a laptop or my desk. Thank you Blackberry!

4. Gorgeous video, exceptional sound.

5. The Crackberry forum support. I have learned SO much from Crackberry on how to make my PB better/more usable. Thank you all for the pages of tips and tricks!

6."tinker-ability"-The playbook comes out of the box in good shape-but getting a native email client on it was something I really needed. I found the OS 2.0 beta upgrade; found and put on Kaiten Email and I'm totally set now. Being able to "mod" your stuff to suit your own needs is a big thing with me. I'm not a programmer, I'm not incredibly computer savvy either but being able to tinker with your PB to make it better is awesome. If I ever brick it; oh well I tried. Nobody's fault but mine. If I make the unit better, then Woo Hoo!

7. It's open source-being an exclusively Linux user for almost 10 years sold this unit for me. I didn't even see windows or Apple tablets while shopping-if it ain't open source I won't buy it.

8. It's a Blackberry-which says to me the highest in quality, best security around, good price.

Yep, I'm sold....
    12-06-11 12:36 PM
    Good screen and plays most of my video files except mkv.

This is one area playbooks hardware really shines. I tested a large video file in 720p h264 that a tegra 2 android tab cannot play (constant skips, unable to sync audio). The PB plays it like a champ both in the hand and output to TV.
    12-06-11 01:15 PM
    1. I got way more bang for my buck by purchasing the 16g PB for $199 on Thanksgiving morning. What a deal! I planned on getting the kindle fire, but with 2 cameras, double the storage, bridging capabilities, etc....Blackberry definitely gave me an offer I couldn't refuse.
    2. I love the fact that I'm not bound to iTunes. I have an iPod touch (4th gen) and I have grown to detest iTunes.
    3. I love that I can easily put my PB in my purse and carry it wherever I go, instead of having to lug around a bigger purse or tote bag if I had bought an iPad. It's discreet and meets all of my needs.
    4. I love using BBM on it. Ever since I got my nails done, I sometimes have a hard time using the keypad on my BB Torch 9800 and I don't really like onscreen typing on my phone. But my PB is the perfect size for my fingers.

In short, I love EVERYTHING about my PB except the app selection. But that's no deal-breaker...as time passes, more apps will become available, I believe.
    12-06-11 01:49 PM
    it just looks so great it feels so good too, i love to tap my fingernails on the glass lightly when i am typing i love the sound of that. i spent 400 on the 64G, rather than 200 for the 16G, but i dont mind , its great
    12-06-11 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD