Despite checking "Remember Me," my PB doesn't remember me here on CB. My 9810 does (as has every BB I've owned), my PC and laptop do. Why not my PB? Cookies of course are enabled, so what gives?
    LMG1963 likes this.
    02-11-12 06:54 AM
    Do you perhaps have private browsing enabled? I'm thinking that if you do, it wouldn't keep your settings, including passwords, etc.
    02-11-12 06:58 AM
    Do you clear everything when you're done for the day?
    02-11-12 07:02 AM
    Private browsing is off, and i don't do anything at the end of the day. I've never even tweaked the browser options.
    02-11-12 07:11 AM
    It does remember you - kind of - Under where it says "welcome user name" there is a login button. Click it, and it will log you in without having to re-enter your credentials.

Its worked for me for a while now.
    02-11-12 07:13 AM
    Time? Even on my laptop if I'm logged in and not using it for some time I'll have to log back in when I come back later.
    02-11-12 07:17 AM
    For the longest time, I had the same issue. I had bookmarked the main forum page, but selecting that bookmark brought me to the page not logged in. Tapping any link to a thread switched it to being logged in.

Then, for no reason related to anything I did, it started working properly. I was always logged in immediately when I selected my bookmark.

Now, and for the last week or so, it's been back to the original behaviour.

This happens (not being logged in properly) whether I have selected Private browsing or not, whether I have Flash enabled or not.

I tend to think it's changes being made to the CrackBerry code, and not my own fault or that of the PlayBook, but I don't really know.
    02-11-12 07:19 AM
    i agree with these guys...personally my PB stays logged into CB all day...
    Flexin likes this.
    02-11-12 07:21 AM
    Thats weird peter9477, op as well. Mine always remembers me, on my phone too, unless I do a Os update of course, which does not occur on the pb .

But seriously, it has to be some sort of setting, privacy or security setting somewhere.
    02-11-12 07:24 AM
    I can reply to a post and then open another thread and see that I am now logged out right after replying.
    02-11-12 08:09 AM
    I get that sometime from the PB and the PC. If I go to the CB homepage it will say login at the top suggesting I'm not already. Then when entering the forums I will see all the ads on the right but if I click on a thread I'm logged in again.
    02-11-12 08:17 AM
    I agree with Jagwire. I have CB saved as a bookmark. I open the browser, tap the bookmark icon and as soon as the blue progress bar vanishes, voil�, it says "welcome patrickmjs".

To check this, just now I closed the browser 3 times and reentered cb, and it properly logged me in all 3 times.

My PB browser settings are as shown in the attached jpg.
    02-11-12 08:39 AM
    I also have the Crack saved as a shortcut and I am always logged in.
    02-11-12 08:54 AM
    What's web inspector?
    02-11-12 08:58 AM
    I can reply to a post and then open another thread and see that I am now logged out right after replying.
    I've had this happen to me too.... I think it's the CB site and not the PB.
    02-11-12 09:05 AM
    Yeah, it didn't matter what browser I was using either. This is the answer I received on another thread. "It does that with all browsers on the Development-Only OS 2 .7111BetaBuild. They have a bug in cookie storage. Go to http://m.crackberry.com and login. Press Full Desktop View." Anyway, it worked for me. Hopefully 2.0 will fix the issue.
    jafobabe likes this.
    02-11-12 09:42 AM
    This happens to me occasionally... All i do is login, then I hit the log out link and login again... Then it stays... I have several books marks to CB saved and i stay loged in weeks at a time.

Hope this helps...
    02-11-12 09:45 AM
    This also happened to me but not been a problem for quite sometime.I have not accessed CB from my laptop for a long time,and I think it may have something to do with that scenario.
    02-11-12 10:50 AM
    The only time I have to login to CB on my PB is after I clear my cookies. It could possibly be related to a bad or old cookie. You may want to clear them out in Browser Options and try again.

PC is always logged in right away.
    jafobabe likes this.
    02-11-12 10:58 AM
    For the longest time I would click on the Crackberry forum bookmark and I would be logged in... but recently it's been strange and not been logged in. I guess I am in the same boat as some of you guys. Seems to happen randomly too.
    02-11-12 11:09 AM
    I'm always logged in on my pc but when I use PB I hit the the login link and it logs me in without me doing anything. It's done this from the 1st day I got it (12/19). I have to do this every time.
    02-11-12 11:29 AM
    I don't log out of CB, seems to work for me most of the times. When I clear the cookies & cache then it prompts me for a login.
    02-11-12 01:16 PM
    The only time I have to login to CB on my PB is after I clear my cookies. It could possibly be related to a bad or old cookie. You may want to clear them out in Browser Options and try again.

PC is always logged in right away.
    Same here, only when I clear my cache do I have to re-log in, and it stays until I clear again. But I wonder about browsers. On my work PC, I cant' log in when using Firefox, I have to use Chrome or IE. When the login page loads, the login button is displaced by the blank name field and doesn't respond. Weird.
    02-11-12 01:28 PM
    Okay, I just did a little troubleshooting. On my 1.0.8 PB, freshly started browser, hit my bookmark. Not logged in on the first page. (But as noted earlier, just going to any thread or other link in the site does show me as logged in at that point.)

I tried logging out, then back in, exiting browser and restarting. Not logged in with my bookmarked page.

This time, logged out, then back in again, then removed existing bookmark and added a new one. Exited browser, restarted. This time the bookmark takes me to the page alresdy logged in, as it used to.

For the record I had Flash off, the other two on, and was not in private browsing, though I don't think that matters. I also tried a retest with images and Javascript both off as well as Flash off, and it still works.

So, tentative workaround: when it happens, recreate the bookmark while logged in.

Anyone confirm any of that, or can simplify it slightly?
    02-11-12 06:27 PM
    The world is against you.
    02-11-12 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD