View Poll Results: What is the MAIN reason for buying a Playbook?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • Price

60 26.09%
  • Bridge Functionality

56 24.35%
  • BlackBerry Brand and support for RIM

77 33.48%
  • Other (please specify)

37 16.09%
06-06-12 05:16 PM
89 123 ...
tools
    Sorry if that has been asked before, but I've had my Playbook for a little over 2 months. I'm wondering what is the Main reason you bought a Playbook?
    Personally, I bought it because of the bridge functionality with my BB Tour smartphone.
    Also, the price was right
    06-04-12 04:04 PM
    price, form factor and build quality at the time... now a few more tabs going at same price like the galaxy tab.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    06-04-12 04:10 PM
    I already own an iPad wifi, an iPad 2 64gb 3G, and a Lenovo ThinkPad tablet 64gb 3g. I wanted the Playbook because of its integration with my BB Phone and its size. So far It's the tablet I use most. The ThinkPad is awaiting ICS on 6/8 before I make a further judgement but it gets more use than either iPad which are both collecting dust.
    06-04-12 04:10 PM
    I was given a 16 gb and then gave that to my gf and bought myself a 64 gb after using it. I'd say it was a combination of the form factor, bridge, full access browser that sold me on it.
    06-04-12 04:13 PM
    I bought it because it was an opportunity to try a tablet computer that was made by a reputable company and cost under $200. Actually, the Kindle got my attention first, but when I learned it was mostly an Amazon digital catalog, I went for the Blackberry. I would have bought a iPad if they were not so expensive. Considering I could buy 3 Blackberrys for the price of an iPad, helped my decision. I still like the Blackberry and am happy with my purchase. I would do it all over again!
    darktoy likes this.
    06-04-12 04:14 PM
    I bought it because, in order of priority for me, (i) it wasn't an Apple product; (ii) the bridge function enabled me to have 'net access without being charged an additional fee thus the Playbook acts to augment my phone; (iii) the browser; and (iv) the speaker quality is amazing...and they point towards the front too! Wow, now there's a concept.

Oh, and I also bought it because I can just drag and drop files or send files to it manually; that is, I don't require a special bloated program that makes even the simplest task of moving a file from one place to another seem like you are performing open heart surgery while someone is playing the accordion right next to your right ear and bagpipes are playing right next to your left year.
    06-04-12 04:14 PM
    I bought my Playbook because I like RIM products and the price was unbelievable. $299.00 for 64 gb tablet that would pair with my Blackberry phone. My Blackberry and my Playbook go everywhere with me.
    nasmun likes this.
    06-04-12 04:18 PM
    I fell in love with the playbook right before the price slash. I was planning to get an android tab, and the pb blew me away.
    06-04-12 04:21 PM
    Voted: Other

Main reasons:

- Form factor of 7" (made it portable)
    - Not Android (not a fan of the OS personally)
    - Browser that supported flash (sites I would view had a flash player)
    06-04-12 04:33 PM
    many things...but the bridge is the main thing ..then the HDMI ..and the price
    06-04-12 04:49 PM
    I bought my Playbook because I like RIM products and the price was unbelievable. $299.00 for 64 gb tablet that would pair with my Blackberry phone. My Blackberry and my Playbook go everywhere with me.
    i'd say i bought my playbook for these exact reasons.. Actually i got 3 of them for this exact reason.
    06-04-12 04:53 PM
    Well i dont actually carry 3 of them around with me all the time lol... but its easy to get carried away when you see that price
    06-04-12 04:55 PM
    Brand / price / bridge and it's nice to have something else to browse with other than a pc or laptop.
    06-04-12 04:55 PM
    I bought the PB because it was cheap. I have since discovered the reason why.
    06-04-12 05:04 PM
    For one the form factor, it's the perfect size to carry. Bridge was also plays a part but to be honest I was always going to get one regardless. I did wait for a price slash before getting one. Then ended up getting another through RIM's dev offer, which now belongs to the other half. I am wanting one with my space though. 16GB doesn't quite cut it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    flyberry747 likes this.
    06-04-12 05:05 PM
    Bridge was the main reason for me. We waited for the price to come down a little at the office so the firesale was beneficial to us as well. I left BB for a couple of years tried others and now I am glad to be back. It looks like all four would have been fair answers my "other" would be the HDMI and wi-fi sharing.
    06-04-12 05:05 PM
    Bought because of price and because at the time I thought Android market would be available.
    06-04-12 05:51 PM
    Already had a Torch 9800, and I've been happy with the phone and company support. I started with a basic Kindle, then my wife got a Kindle Fire. The Fire was OK, but limited. Then CrackBerry announced OS2, and the 16 GB PB was on sale at the same price, so...

I bought the last 16gb at Best Buy two days after OS2 dropped.
    06-04-12 06:07 PM
    Should've been multiple choice.
    06-04-12 06:14 PM
    I bought the PlayBook because of the size and the functionality that it advertised: true multi tasking, the solid OS based on QNX; and because I wanted to be an early adopter of the shift in software of a brand that, for me, was a paragon in the corporate sector.

I voted other, and that was me specifying.
    06-04-12 06:23 PM
    ...Oh and it looked really cool too
    06-04-12 06:24 PM
    I bought the PlayBook because of the size and the functionality that it advertised: true multi tasking, the solid OS based on QNX; and because I wanted to be an early adopter of the shift in software of a brand that, for me, was a paragon in the corporate sector.

I voted other, and that was me specifying.
    Pretty much sums it up along with adding bridge.
    06-04-12 06:24 PM
    I like how 1+1=3 I had a BlackBerry and bought a Playbook to go with it.

The playbook is great with a BlackBerry phone and it is great all by itself too.
    06-04-12 06:30 PM
    I bought it based on the BlackBerry rep and it promised quite a bit. I bought it about 3 weeks after release. I like it very much but I have to become more familiar with some of the systems it runs to enjoy its full potential. It beats buying a new ipad every 8 months.
    06-04-12 06:31 PM
    Considering you're doing a poll in CB forums...
    Needed an "All of the above" option...
    But I paid full price for my 64GB and still don't regret it...

Edit: But my vote went for bridge
    06-04-12 06:43 PM
89 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD