12-08-11 12:34 AM
100 1234
tools
    Your suggestion would be a disaster. Consumers don't care about hardware they want to know what they can do with it and how easy it is to do what they can do and how "cool" it is. Trying to take on the I-Pad3 (A6 quad core & retina display)at a similar price point with a 10" screen = death. I guarantee 98% of all consumers can't tell you the difference in processors. Give them a true professional tablet in the 7" form factor at a decent price and you have a fighting chance.
    You say that consumers don't care about hardware and then in the same paragraph you suggest that the iPad 3's rumored hardware specs will trounce the competition. Believe me, when Apple releases the iPad 3 there will not be a channel on TV that will not broadcast its hardware features 24/7. I think people do care about the hardware if it means a substantially better experience such as a high resolution screen for book reading, a fast data connection like LTE etc etc. You may be right that people may not care to much about a processor--unless the tablet starts to lag.

Anyway, we'll see. I hope RIM gets it together and gets Android apps running on the Playbook--that will make things substantially better. However, by February there will be some compelling competition on the block so I hope RIM is testing the Playbook successor now. If not, I believe RIM will be exiting the tablet market, despite what it is saying now.
    12-05-11 03:50 PM
    It is a bad thing, BJ got banned for a reason
    I see, so let me understand something, you're upset because Silverfern, Hercules, and myself are behaving in a manner which you have deemed unacceptable and you yourself have decided that it is intolerable and perhaps we should be banned as well.... am I getting this right? You did quote 3 posts, but conspicuously left out the Moderator's post, which was in the same vein and spirit as our posts, so I'm curious as to your conspicuously selective outrage.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-05-11 04:01 PM
    whats going on?
    12-05-11 04:13 PM
    I have never heard of a software update turning around a multi-billion dollar company.
    Microsoft became a multi-billion dollar company from nothing with mostly software updates.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-05-11 04:16 PM
    whats going on?
    Read post# 11
    12-05-11 04:24 PM
    I didn't realize the "press" released the Storm and the PlayBook.
    Maybe they did....paid by Apple to release crappy half finished products...

Wait....Blackjack got banned ???
    12-05-11 04:26 PM
    i read post 11, didnt get it :S
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    12-05-11 04:28 PM
    Maybe they did....paid by Apple to release crappy half finished products...

Wait....Blackjack got banned ???
    Your juxtaposition is priceless....
    12-05-11 04:34 PM
    i read post 11, didnt get it :S
    Read the rest of the posts following it.
    12-05-11 04:36 PM
    I see lots of articles saying that RIM cant sell the PB even at the reduced price, is this true? I walked into London Drugs (in west edmonton mall) last night, all the tablets were on display (Sony, Samsung etc.), apart from the PB. I asked the clerk why, he said all sold out, even the demo. All the futureshops were sold out within 2 days of the price drop. I dont get how the PB isnt selling, can anyone enlighten me?

P.S I got a 64G for 400
    playbook did sold out in most of the places, thats going to reflect in the next quarter next year... and regarding the press im almost a 100% sure they are getting paid under the table by apple and other competitors, i.said this because the hate towards playbook is so much and seems ridiculous unreal.. like is too much to be normal hate, they just said is not a good tablet because does not have native email and even like that you still can see your emails with the short cuts just like the computer, even like that me and you know playbook is a great tablet but rim have some to do with it and they have not push a great marketing when i tell you here in new york most of the.people dont even know blackberry has a tablet!!! thats real sad.. but dont worry about that and keep enjoying the full capabilities me and you know playbook has, no tablet out there with flash can stream live videos and better screen images and resolution than playbook and QNX.. we got the best.. forget about those haters!! lol
    jvictor77 likes this.
    12-05-11 05:02 PM
    breaaaaaaaaaathe.......lol
    12-05-11 05:11 PM
    playbook did sold out in most of the places, thats going to reflect in the next quarter next year... and regarding the press im almost a 100% sure they are getting paid under the table by apple and other competitors, i.said this because the hate towards playbook is so much and seems ridiculous unreal.. like is too much to be normal hate, they just said is not a good tablet because does not have native email and even like that you still can see your emails with the short cuts just like the computer, even like that me and you know playbook is a great tablet but rim have some to do with it and they have not push a great marketing when i tell you here in new york most of the.people dont even know blackberry has a tablet!!! thats real sad.. but dont worry about that and keep enjoying the full capabilities me and you know playbook has, no tablet out there with flash can stream live videos and better screen images and resolution than playbook and QNX.. we got the best.. forget about those haters!! lol

i completely agree, i dunno why people hate RIM so much, i personally love the PB. Also, seems like RIM released a statement saying they only sold 150000 units this quarter?? how is that possible?
    12-05-11 05:43 PM
    Marketing $'s dictate news. I don't think the press in general gives a rat about anything more than money. If you budget millions of dollars in advertizing you will get good press
    12-05-11 05:52 PM
    RIM was said to have only released 120,000 units for the 199/299./399 sale.
    Within 8 hours most of the stock was sold out on-line and in many stores.
    Case closed.
    12-05-11 05:55 PM
    here is my $.02. This playbook, assuming it doesn't get worse from here, has convinced me to go back to BB. I am not really sure how passionate you are about the bbos but I cannot help but to think that all they have to do is release a couple of android phones and they will reclaim the top spot. But for now, I hope they keep trying this.
    12-05-11 06:15 PM
    The pb is sold-out in every store I go into BB is still cool

I don't think blackjack is banned. In another post he said he'll be gone for several days to catch-up on work.
    12-05-11 07:36 PM
    It is a bad thing, BJ got banned for a reason
    BJ got banned for being a bb/playbook enthusiast trying to fight all of the crap that has been posted on here but he takes it too far.

I also notice a lot of the ones he was fighting against are gone or quiet now also.
    alnamvet68 and jivegirl14 like this.
    12-05-11 07:57 PM
  18. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Playbook is selling extremely well NOW and its a great product .. for those who actually use it! .. OS 2 in February will be epic for RIM and set the tone for Playbook in 2012 ... all playbook owners will benefit from the upcoming software releases! ... most analysts are idiots and uneducated! .. if they were so smart and forward thinking, they would be on a beach in Maui enjoying the life of success .. but they are not! .. don;t put too much into their blogs ... they are also looking at the past .....

Playbook is the best tablet value out there! ....
    recompile and chiefbroski like this.
    12-05-11 08:01 PM
    The pb is sold-out in every store I go into BB is still cool

I don't think blackjack is banned. In another post he said he'll be gone for several days to catch-up on work.
    Look at his profile under his name.

On another note
    Comeback Companies - Forbes.com
    12-05-11 08:03 PM
    If the PB is selling so well at $199, why are the shipments not coming in to the stores to keep selling them? Why has RIM not increased their orders? This is the more interesting discussion. Any takers?
    12-05-11 08:56 PM
    If the PB is selling so well at $199, why are the shipments not coming in to the stores to keep selling them? Why has RIM not increased their orders? This is the more interesting discussion. Any takers?
    After reviewing all 179 of your posts dandy, I can't help but wonder why it is that you always demand that others explain themselves, provide reasons for their opinions, defend their defense of BB or RIM, require hard proof of whatever, and yet you never offer answers or solutions to even the most basic of questions asked by others of you. Is it possible, and I mean this in an objective way, that you are the problem and not the solution?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-05-11 09:07 PM
    Wonder why dandy is ashamed to list what devices he/she uses? But it isn't hard to guess.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-05-11 09:10 PM
    After reviewing all 179 of your posts dandy, I can't help but wonder why it is that you always demand that others explain themselves, provide reasons for their opinions, defend their defense of BB or RIM, require hard proof of whatever, and yet you never offer answers or solutions to even the most basic of questions asked by others of you. Is it possible, and I mean this in an objective way, that you are the problem and not the solution?
    Wonder why dandy is ashamed to list what devices he/she uses? But it isn't hard to guess.
    Two posts about me, personally with neither addressing the question related to the subject of this thread. And I'm the problem, you say? Just to remind you, I will repeat the topic appropriate question I posed. If it is too hard, or you don't have an on-topic guess, just let it go.

12-05-11 09:15 PM
    Two posts about me, personally with neither addressing the question related to the subject of this thread. And I'm the problem, you say? Just to remind you, I will repeat the topic appropriate question I posed. If it is too hard, or you don't have an on-topic guess, just let it go.

I don't know you tell me why you think that is so? Maybe because they sold all they needed to at discount? Maybe they are having trouble with shipping? Maybe they have to get the factory fired back up and producing them?

All speculation as I don't work for RIM or know anyone that does.

BTW nice way to dodge everything asked of you.
    12-05-11 09:20 PM

Maybe they're holding-on to a lot of pbs until OS2 arrives. They've already been 'discounted' and with OS2 they'll sell for $350-$400 not $200. And they said something about the need to 'market' the playbook - official statement After-all, the pb is great hardware, the only thing missing is OS2 and 'popular' apps.

They'll probably re-supply retailers with a limited amount and have one more 'sale' before Christmas and then sell them properly in February
    12-05-11 09:21 PM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD