07-10-12 05:25 PM
27 12
tools
    Dear friends,

I tried playing .mkv files on our new OS but no luck. I even tried to change the files extension name from .mkv to .avi still cant make it work.

Is there no way we can play .mkv files. Or is there any application through which we can play the .mkv files.

Is there android app available in app world through which .mkv files can be played.

Thanks
    02-23-12 07:32 AM
    updated 2.0 n .mkv files playing flawless..that to in native player..maybe u need to wipe it n reload.
    02-23-12 07:43 AM
    Some MKVs work, some dont. MKV is just a container file, it all depends on the actual makeup of the video (codecs or what not). It would be nice though yes if there was a VLC type app so everything would just play out of the box, but nothing as of yet. But back to MKVs, there was some strides made because I have some MKVs that didnt play previously but are playing today.
    02-23-12 07:44 AM
    I believe some users have reported they are able to play mkv files. Maybe it's the codec in your mkv files that playbook doesn't support
    02-23-12 07:48 AM
    My mkv running smoothly...
    02-23-12 07:48 AM
    My mkv running smoothly...
    Mine too
    02-23-12 07:56 AM
    Guys can you give some link where is can find mkv files which does play on playbook. Because i have some mkv files and non for them are able to play. Its really frustrating for me friends.

Someone please share link with me.
    02-23-12 08:06 AM
    Furthermore you usually cant change the file extension of the movie from one format to another and have it work. There needs to be some form of conversion.
    02-23-12 08:09 AM
    How about this.

iMedia Converter for Windows-Video converter and DVD Ripper | iSkysoft

It has a convert mode specificly for the playbook. I do think there is a free version on that page I linked.

And here is an attached screenshot
    02-23-12 08:14 AM
    Guys can you give some link where is can find mkv files which does play on playbook. Because i have some mkv files and non for them are able to play. Its really frustrating for me friends.

Someone please share link with me.
    I haven't seen any updated documents but here is the PDF for OS1 of supported formats.
    02-23-12 08:15 AM
    I think it's certain codecs that the player can't play.

The .mkv shows up, so that means it recognizes that it's a video file.

I just use this software.
    Xmedia Recode
    XMedia Recode - Download

Just set it on Xbox360 and you are ready to enjoy!
    02-23-12 08:17 AM
    MKVs are muxed using MKVmerge. As said above, MKV is a container, not a file format. Changing the extension will do nothing.

Using MKVmerge, you should be able to remux the MKV that refuses to play and most of the time it fixes the problem. You might have to try older version of MKVmerge.

You might have some files that will play without audio too, in such cases, you'll need to extract the audio track, convert it, re-mux...

Google is your friend and there are plenty of AV forum (Doom9) for help on this muxing/re-muxing process.

Cheers!
    02-23-12 08:21 AM
    if your looking to convert/re-code, suggest using handbrake (it's free) rather than the imedia product above. Handbrake is very fast if you have a good computer.
    02-23-12 08:24 AM
    Thank you friends for your inputs. will try out what each have you said.
    02-23-12 08:25 AM
    Freemake Video is another great converter and is free (obviously).
    02-23-12 08:37 AM
    would be great if someone did a bar for MX Player, it supports many formats, and is a favorite of Android users , VLC Media Player is the best but only on ICS market now
    02-23-12 08:40 AM
    Handbrake is the best converter for tablets, especially for output size, also good for converting DVDs
    02-23-12 08:47 AM
    would you be will to post the File media details of the MKV that works, as in resolution and audio type. AC3 or ACC or what ever...just interested..
    02-23-12 08:48 AM
    If you look for season one of Fringe in MKV, that will work. Just download one episode, only a couple hundred MBs each. Im at work and that stuff is blocked, but google Fringe season 1+mkv, you should see it.
    02-23-12 08:54 AM
    Handbrake is a good program. However, what settings work best for Playbook? There are some preset options available. Which one to use? Any optional ones to set that work well with Playbook?
    02-23-12 09:02 AM
    Any idea on the best settings? i have a 47min vid clip cued up, said it will take over an hour to convert it!!
    06-09-12 01:33 PM
    would be great if someone did a bar for MX Player, it supports many formats, and is a favorite of Android users , VLC Media Player is the best but only on ICS market now
    Tried Mx video player. It has some sort of addon installation for diffent android hardware configs. Says it is not supported when I opened it on PB.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk
    06-09-12 02:31 PM
    Any idea on the best settings? i have a 47min vid clip cued up, said it will take over an hour to convert it!!
    Read through this thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...53/index4.html
    You should be able to convert in about 5 minutes or so.
    06-09-12 02:31 PM
    Hi,

Playbook has ability to play mkv format videos,
    only you need to access the file from playbook,
    By default videos application only capable to see certen formatted videos,
    Use file browser any app, and you can able to open and play the file.

Best app for this is "Air Browser" can browse all file locations, and then you can navigate to specific folder where video located, and then try to open, by default player will play this File

i tried and works fine for me,

Regards,
    Shiva
    07-10-12 01:19 PM
    I have what's probably a dumb question that is sorta related to .mkv files. I have a large .mkv file that is 4.9 gigs in size and it is too large to store on one of my portable hard drives (its that FAT32 vs NTFS thing).

Does the Playbook suffer any similar type restriction as to the maximum size a video file, .mkv or otherwise, can be?
    07-10-12 01:30 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD