I just would like to know what I can finally look forward to.

Why, at this point, can't Rim tell us what will be included in OS2? They have to be settling in on features and testing the heck out of them (like they did before breaking the Wifi N in the just prior 1.0.8).

So, will it contain a2dp?

Will all of the apps include spellcheck, autotext, contraction fixes (don't, doesn't, etc)? All of those typing tools we've had on our BLACKBERRY phones for years.

Will it be easier to place the cursor?

Will we be able to rename and reorganize bookmarks?

Will we get an opportunity to get a more powerful version of docs-to-go even it we have to purchase it ourselves?

Will we get folder support in the various apps so that we can organize our docs, pdf's and find them more easily to attach to emails?

We we see support for external usb devices (ota - ha!)

Can we search in pdf files, docs?

A bookmark in the video app?

Bottom line: We keep hearing about OS2 but other than native email (pims in general) and Android, will we see some of the other missing features? Can't Rim tell us that? The pb is not a big secret - so what will be in OS2 does not need to be a big secret any longer.
    esqlaw, rleo25 and louzer like this.
    12-06-11 07:21 PM
    Hear Ye Hear Ye --- Inquiring minds what to know!!
    12-06-11 07:24 PM
    Because they don't know ------ they haven't completed it yet, lol.
    Rello, howarmat, mandony and 4 others like this.
    12-06-11 07:34 PM
    They don't want apple and google to steal their ideas and beat them to the punch.

Heck if I know, wish they could at least let us know about the functions that are no secret.
    12-06-11 07:37 PM
    like bla1ze mentioned i doubt they know. I am sure they are planning on some things being included but what happens if they cant get it done. It would be another broken promise. Its just easier to say "in feb, we will release OS 2.xxxxx"
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    12-06-11 07:41 PM
    Patience pizza man; when they're done polishing up this gem, we'll all be the first to know about it.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    12-06-11 07:41 PM
    Perhaps because it would be anticlimactic to announce features that they have already announced 2 or 3 times dating back to Feb 2011 yet never released.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    12-06-11 07:42 PM
    No autocorrect would be really amusing.
    12-06-11 07:43 PM
    They don't even tell after the release, we have to figure it out for ourselves. IMO there should be a list of all new additions to all updates on all RIM products.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    12-06-11 07:44 PM
    This will give you a clue

PlayBook OS 2.0 Upgrade

OP: Your question reminds me of a visit to the Vatican City. I was in the main plaza when people were just waiting. I asked a priest what was going on .. he said with a straight face, 'only God knows'.
    Last edited by mandony; 12-06-11 at 07:50 PM.
    FF22, JeepBB and alnamvet68 like this.
    12-06-11 07:48 PM
    And there you have it in a nutshell... And whats more, given its unfinished, and there are "issues", why wont anybody else wake up and realize February is a date pulled out of a hat? How can anybody believe they "know" when they will resolve all the problems and get it finished?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-11 07:51 PM
    only santa claus and the grinch know.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    12-06-11 07:55 PM
    Even if they include all that you listed, people will keep on bashing them and blast them about this and that... It dazzles me how people hate this device but stick to it...
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    12-06-11 08:04 PM
    Even if they include all that you listed, people will keep on bashing them and blast them about this and that... It dazzles me how people hate this device but stick to it...
    Dang I don't hate the device?? Only the disgruntled ones seem to hate it because they are mad they paid full price or they didn't get the update as was intimated.

Off topic. Why is that most anyone on here that just joined has nothing good to say about RIM. In fact the opposite? Even though they don't list what devices they use it isn't hard to tell.

Food for thought.
    bbfan1040 and RicThot like this.
    12-06-11 08:21 PM
    Because if they don't commit to anything then when they don't deliver they can say they never said that they would support the missing feature.
    bbfan1040, howarmat and JasW like this.
    12-06-11 08:52 PM
    And there you have it in a nutshell... And whats more, given its unfinished, and there are "issues", why wont anybody else wake up and realize February is a date pulled out of a hat? How can anybody believe they "know" when they will resolve all the problems and get it finished?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Unfinished PB>the rest already.
    recompile likes this.
    12-06-11 09:02 PM
    How about a search bar for all the apps we have downloaded,how about more apps,how about a working LED for e mails. How about Hulu ,Netflix,Tivo. Last but not least sms text on the pb
    12-06-11 09:03 PM
    How about a search bar for all the apps we have downloaded,how about more apps,how about a working LED for e mails. How about Hulu ,Netflix,Tivo. Last but not least sms text on the pb
    12-06-11 09:05 PM
    Why do I get the feeling that there just isn't enough whaaaaaaambulances for crackberry's needs?
    12-06-11 09:06 PM
    That my friends pretty much sums up why the Playbook and RIM are in the mess they are in.

PS - that was a very funny post
    12-06-11 09:14 PM
    It dazzles me how people hate this device but stick to it...
    and me........
    12-06-11 10:53 PM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Seems that from a marketing and PR perspective, its better to make an announcement as part of a formal rollout launch event to drive lots of sales then....announcing now would make it anti climatic in February.....
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-06-11 11:58 PM
    good to know im not the only one bugged by not being able to rename bookmarks. For some reason if i make a bookmark on my himescreen it lets me,but not if I make one to my list of bookmarks.

Other than that im just hoping they refine the youtube app on the pb.The one now is god awful
    12-07-11 01:09 AM
    I just would like to know what I can finally look forward to.

Why, at this point, can't Rim tell us what will be included in OS2? They have to be settling in on features and testing the heck out of them (like they did before breaking the Wifi N in the just prior 1.0.8).

So, will it contain a2dp?

Will all of the apps include spellcheck, autotext, contraction fixes (don't, doesn't, etc)? All of those typing tools we've had on our BLACKBERRY phones for years.

Will it be easier to place the cursor?

Will we be able to rename and reorganize bookmarks?

Will we get an opportunity to get a more powerful version of docs-to-go even it we have to purchase it ourselves?

Will we get folder support in the various apps so that we can organize our docs, pdf's and find them more easily to attach to emails?

We we see support for external usb devices (ota - ha!)

Can we search in pdf files, docs?

A bookmark in the video app?

Bottom line: We keep hearing about OS2 but other than native email (pims in general) and Android, will we see some of the other missing features? Can't Rim tell us that? The pb is not a big secret - so what will be in OS2 does not need to be a big secret any longer.
    If the told people now, then it wouldnt be news in Feb and there would be NO chance of making any positive headlines when its released .......
    12-07-11 01:51 AM
    They still won't even verify the release date. I think RIM has no idea how to do anything right. And thinking about it, this OS release could be entirely too lackluster too late.
    12-07-11 02:01 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD