Just curious if they playbook doesn't have enough power in its hardware to play bings active backgrounds straight through without stopping or what.
    08-16-12 01:53 AM
    I don't really think that's the case. The Bing background is really a 5 second video that my desktop browses simply loop. It seems like the PB browser is reloading the video instead of looping it, that's why it stops and buffers every 5 seconds.
    08-16-12 02:34 AM
    Works alright for me??
    08-16-12 03:29 AM
    Do you have Javascript & Flash enabled ??
    08-16-12 06:30 AM
    My laptop can barely handle Bing. I often wonder which designed it. Probably why I always use Google.
    08-16-12 07:15 AM
    I never had a problem with bing on my PB
    08-16-12 07:46 AM
    OP, If you mean that the background does not change.. You're right.. It used to earlier but now it does not automatically change.. But don't worry.. Bing is just work in progress.. MS might be working on something in the background.. If you hit the arrow at the bottom.. the bg changes well..

The whole website fits soo beautifully now I can see they have made some layout adjustments.. It looks fantastic.. amazing way to start a search.. and I have a comparison thread also.. Bing vs. Google.. Where Bing just eats whole of Google..

I love Bing.. It's stylish.. It's classy and looks very professional.. with results also.. Even the layout is very technically designed.. Try doing a fullscreen of the browser.. see how well the Bing website gets adjusted.. It's these subtle things that Google and Apple will never understand.. They are designed by Kids.. Way to go MS + BB!!!
    Last edited by varunsain; 08-16-12 at 10:24 AM.
    08-16-12 10:21 AM
    Nothing to do with the hardware.
    08-16-12 10:31 AM
    Doesn't move on my PC browsers
    08-16-12 10:37 AM
    Yesterday's bing background was an active background (butterfly) which is quite stunning, but after a few seconds of playing it, the browser cuts it out for a few seconds. It doesn't loop like it does on the desktop. Bing itself works fine. I was just wondering PB gpu can't handle the active backgrounds.
    08-16-12 12:16 PM
    It works fine on my PlayBook, but if I was to sit here and expect my PlayBook to do everything my desktop does I would consider myself to be foolish, maybe in the future tablets will eventually catch up. I do know something my PlayBook can do that my desktop can't........be carried around
    FF22 likes this.
    08-16-12 12:28 PM
    The real question here is...why on Earth are you using Bing?
    homer1475 likes this.
    08-16-12 12:29 PM
    Bing works great on my PB! Sometimes different sites play games (eg Drudge) to improve their stats and show more ads. Doc Neutron
    08-16-12 01:01 PM
    Click to view quoted image

Just curious if they playbook doesn't have enough power in its hardware to play bings active backgrounds straight through without stopping or what.
    From what I have experienced with bing if you don't have a good broadband connection its pretty much useless and I say this from experience with a crappie router I've upgraded to the netgear R3600 and have resolved a lot of issues that I had including bing being just about useless. My playbook is like speedy Gonzalez now.
    08-16-12 02:28 PM
    Yesterday's butterfly wings are flapping continuosly on mine -five flaps, interrupted by a 2-second reload. I have the Bing Desktop installed as my background to get a beautiful new 27" pic each morning, but I don't get the animation that I get on my PB.
    08-16-12 08:19 PM
    The real question here is...why on Earth are you using Bing?
    One word. IMAGES. Bing has much higher resolution photos than Google.
    08-16-12 08:42 PM
    A little late, but yeah, it appears to be just a short video that reloads rather than replays. I noticed after going to look at the bing page; that when I went to close the browser, the media controls are in the status bar.

Seems the butterfly vid is exactly 5 secs, by an unknown artist, titled: ?p=Butterfly_clipcanvas_223479_EN-US
    Last edited by RoboticGolem; 08-17-12 at 01:20 AM. Reason: more info
    08-17-12 01:19 AM
    Haha maybe the butterfly wing thing is country specific lol I've never experienced it..
    08-17-12 01:42 AM
    One word. IMAGES. Bing has much higher resolution photos than Google.
    Higher-res where? In the search results? Don't you click through to the source file anyway?
    08-17-12 10:38 AM
    Bing search results are a bit different than Google. Whereas Google is purely based on popularity, I find Bing search to be more 'objective'..
    08-20-12 01:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD