This has been bothering me since day one. Why is the border along the edges raised? Why isn't it flat with the rest of the bezel? It doesn't feel right when you hold the PlayBook.

I have an iPad too and have always wonder why the PlayBook has a raised border line?
    Last edited by TheNiceDude; 06-14-11 at 09:34 PM.
    06-14-11 09:31 PM
    I think it is mostly for grip. I like it because I can hold it in one hand and not be worried that it may slip out of my hand.
    06-14-11 09:35 PM
    Well I know why it isn't Plush and that is simply because why would you want a stuffed animal as your tablet.

2nd. The reason I believe that there is another type of material that is raised around the edges on the front is to protect the screen from scratches if you would place the playbook face down.
    mover23 likes this.
    06-14-11 09:39 PM
    I like it. Gives an extra bit of gription when holding it.

Can't wait to get my Pop case. It has another little raised edge.
    06-14-11 09:44 PM
    It helps a ton for screen protectors not getting peeled off.
    06-14-11 09:55 PM
    It helps a ton for screen protectors not getting peeled off.
    I have the invisible shield on my playbook and I was just thinking how the raised rubber around the edge is really protecting the edges from getting caught on anything and being peeled off.
    06-14-11 10:21 PM
    The answer is simple, so when you do bezel gestures your finger does not go flying off the tablet and possibly poke someone in the eye or get stuck in an electrical socket of some sort.
    anon(490042) likes this.
    06-14-11 10:32 PM
    When you leave your PB outside in the rain the lip holds the rainwater.
    06-14-11 10:47 PM
    The answer is simple, so when you do bezel gestures your finger does not go flying off the tablet and possibly poke someone in the eye or get stuck in an electrical socket of some sort.
    lmao, this is truly the best answer!
    06-14-11 11:14 PM
    This has been bothering me since day one. Why is the border along the edges raised? Why isn't it flat with the rest of the bezel? It doesn't feel right when you hold the PlayBook.

I have an iPad too and have always wonder why the PlayBook has a raised border line?
    I'm thinking it's was meant for the BlackBerry cases, for example if you install the journal case it fits perfectly against the raised edge you speak of and helps it fit more securely into the case. Kinda snaps in almost.
    06-15-11 12:16 AM
    LMAO! You win the contest.
    06-15-11 12:19 AM
    When you leave your PB outside in the rain the lip holds the rainwater.
    LOL second place.
    06-15-11 12:20 AM
    I'm thinking it's was meant for the BlackBerry cases, for example if you install the journal case it fits perfectly against the raised edge you speak of and helps it fit more securely into the case. Kinda snaps in almost.
    makes perfect sense
    06-15-11 12:42 AM

It is nothing that your everyday belt sander couldn't take care of. Just be sure to tape over the screen. If you see exposed wires after sanding, you have gone too far. Make sure to return it before your 14 days are up and be sure to keep a strait face upon returning.
    anon(490042) likes this.
    06-15-11 01:40 AM
    So, this has been bothering you for 2 months? Wow.
    06-15-11 05:26 AM
    i think (hope) he means "flush"
    06-15-11 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD