Tried to look for other threads but found no answer.
    I have a blackberry playbook and am trying to buy an app using paypal, after clicking purchase i got the error message 579024. I clicked 'modify' to login to paypal with the correct information and it authenticated fine, however now i cannot click the purchase button or the payment options button. They just dont work when i click on them at all. Any help would be appreciated!
    08-05-15 11:05 AM
    Some time ago, Blackberry discontinued that service. Never did find out why.
    But you can download the PayPal App. (android,) although you might wanna check BBworld,too..... and that will fix your issue

I had to do that , myself, with my Z10 and my passport.. Easy set up!
    sa2000 likes this.
    08-05-15 04:57 PM
    Some time ago, Blackberry discontinued that service. Never did find out why.
    But you can download the PayPal App. (android,) although you might wanna check BBworld,too..... and that will fix your issue

I had to do that , myself, with my Z10 and my passport.. Easy set up!
    I managed to download the paypal app from the apple app store, how do i buy apps from the blackberry app world using this paypal app now? (Also thanks for the reply)
    08-07-15 06:20 AM
    I managed to download the paypal app from the apple app store, how do i buy apps from the blackberry app world using this paypal app now? (Also thanks for the reply)
    The Apple app will not work for you. iOS apps do not function on the PB. Usually this behavior is because your PayPal information is not correct on the PB (but you said that you fixed that) or you have not logged into your PayPal account from say a PC. The information is just not matching/synced up. Also, have you tried to restart the PB after you did the PayPal modifications? Also, do you have another BBRY device that accesses BBWorld? That may be mismatched as well in terms of the PayPal information.

I don't think they discontinued the BBWorld service for the PB but I haven't tried to buy anything recently either.
    08-07-15 07:01 AM
    Can't help you with anything "Apple."
    BlackBerry only supports ANDROID and of course BlackBerry.

and now that I checked, it appears you CAN access PayPal through "Payment Options" in setting.
    but for some reason, I first had to down load the PAyPal app before it would show up in the Payment Options.

Go figure!!!!
    08-07-15 10:56 AM
    I think mine are set to credit card because alot of people were having trouble with PayPal at the time. So again, don't know about needing the PayPal app. Anyways, you would have to sideload the android apk for PayPal if that is the case. Seems like it would be easier to just do the credit card route.
    08-07-15 11:09 AM
    I downloaded the PayPal app thru the PlayStore app on my Passport.
    If I remember correctly, I when to the Playstore website through my Zeus Browser on my Passport and downloaded the PlayStore App. from there.

But, then, I can't remember what I had for lunch. All I can tell you it that whatever it took to do it all was well worth it.
    08-07-15 04:20 PM
    Tried to look for other threads but found no answer.
    I have a blackberry playbook and am trying to buy an app using paypal, after clicking purchase i got the error message 579024. I clicked 'modify' to login to paypal with the correct information and it authenticated fine, however now i cannot click the purchase button or the payment options button. They just dont work when i click on them at all. Any help would be appreciated!
    Ya know, sa....
    You may have better luck starting a new thread , Entitled "What happened to the option to use Paypal ?"or something to that effect.

You're right, I don't believe there IS a thread about this issue!
    08-07-15 04:24 PM