I use my PB enough that I became very conscious of, and concerned about, the rapid battery drain in Standby mode - even when I had wifi and bluetooth turned off and no apps running. I was seeing 10% battery drain each day when I was not using it.

Then I read in one of the forum threads a reference to airplane mode. So I switched that on. Bluetooth and wifi both work even when I leave airplane mode on... but shazaam... that mystery daily drain has stopped. Why? What is it about airplane mode? (And how is that airplane mode doesn't prevent wifi and bluetooth from working?) (If this is a bug, don't fix it...!)

Just sharing in case others want to try this and save a few charging cycles...... (My PB OS is the latest general release. Nothing advance or beta.)
    06-26-12 11:52 PM
    Native email account + push turned off + sync interval set to Manual = Battery Drain Bug
    06-26-12 11:59 PM
    I have no idea why your wifi still works in airplane mode, but it shouldn't. Something is buggy there, but if the battery drain issue works for you now i would leave it be.
    06-27-12 12:07 AM
    Not sure the cause of your drain either, but it here are several threads to read on it. No battery drain with wifi on and I've never used airplane mode.
    06-27-12 01:01 AM
    06-27-12 01:16 AM
    Native email account + push turned off + sync interval set to Manual = Battery Drain Bug
    I know this a little off topic but what does the "push" mean in the email settings, the only thing that works for me in airplane mode is the GPS receiver.
    06-27-12 06:47 AM
    Hi all - thanks for your thoughts. No, I don't have the OS2 email client configured. Possibly airplane mode shuts down some non-essential OS processing that would otherwise be making data calls, version checks, positioning, etc.
    06-27-12 04:36 PM
    The cure to all the pb's problems
    06-27-12 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD