View Poll Results: do you love your playbook?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!!

97 91.51%
  • No

9 8.49%
    Someone needs to go over to either iOS or Android where perfection is the norm. Every platform/gadget has either hardware or software issues that need improvement. Is not a perfect world especially when it comes to the tech industry.
    This is not comforting. I can't even organize my favorites for heavens sake. Like i say, web browsers are hardly a new thing. It really shouldn't take several attempts to nail a friggen web, browser. In 2012. You would think that one of the things that people use the most on any computing device would be a cakewalk. And yet, here i am. Using this crashy, slow, unresponsive browser.

But i do like the stereo speakers. So. Just to stay positive, and all.
    03-19-12 10:04 PM
    As someone who uses and has to troubleshoot a lot of tech devices daily, from all makes, the PlayBook hits more than misses. That's a win.
    03-19-12 10:52 PM
    Love it?
    Yes, of course.
    I love the fact that I wasted all yesterday evening, most of last night, and all of this morning trying to load the new operating system.
    It brings back happy (?) memories of wasting many hours trying to load the original operating system onto the damn thing in the first place.
    Doesn't everyone love technology that wastes this much time?
    Yup, sucks on any platform:

03-19-12 10:57 PM
    Even though the appearance of the PB isn't as elegant or stylish as the others out there, it is just as high-tech as the best Android tabs and iPads. It's even more high-tech in some ways. The audio chip the PB uses is better than you can get on any of the iPads or Android tabs. It has front-firing stereo speakers whereas the others put their speakers on the back or sides and some use only a single speaker.

The multitasking function of the PB is second to none. It's the best you'll get on a mobile device. And the display quality is as good as the best Androids and iPads previously released. The UI navigation system is user friendly and much easier to use than the others.

The only area the PB lacks is in apps. And if RIM works well enough at it, that lacking area may leave. I'm not really all that fond of the Android integration. I much prefer BB-made apps rather than using an emulator to run Android apps. But right now I'll live with it. A well-made BB app designed and developed specifically for the PB is a work of art in all ways which an Android app can't measure up to.

I don't know about others, but my PB is nothing short of a high-end delight to me. It's a high-end MP3 player, outstanding video player, pleasurable web surfer, spectacular game player and high quality book reader. It also happens to have the absolute best bible app ever invented for a mobile device: e-Mmanuel Bible app. I've been using this bible app since purchase of my PB and have just this day discovered the tab system of the bible app. Even before knowing about the tab system, switching between books of the bible was effortless and super fast. Now, however, I can set up all the books and chapters I would need in a bible study and tap between them all with finesse. No other bible app will come close to the convenience and quality of this one.

My evaluation of the PB leaves me purely impressed with RIM. It causes me to be heart-felt sorrowful over RIM financial crisis. I just hope the company will pull out of the red and land on top of the pack eventually. Such a magnificent device as the PB deserves to continue on and its designers and developers and engineers deserve high praise.
    03-20-12 12:24 AM
    I love mine!!!!!!!!!! I have android tablet and phone and I got to say I really like every thing about the blackberry o's.
    03-20-12 05:09 AM
    Now i have to point out that the playbook has been brought to us by science. Thank you science, for providing answers and actual solutions to life's problems. Imagine the wonders and solutions that science could bring if certain groups weren't trying to stand in the way of science with unproven, and in many cases disproved notions and stories from a time when basic things like germs weren't understood. Imagine the possible future scientists who instead of being taught the science of evolution, are being taught stories of being created from dirt.

I'm reminded daily through american news of how lucky i am to live in canada.
    03-20-12 08:04 AM
    It's a nice toy but love?!?! Beauty's in the eye of the beholder I guess, I have a hard time loving something so full of bugs, must be my expectations.lol
    03-20-12 08:21 AM
    This is impressive. I received a 1st Gen iPad ...was given me...and have been playing with it for quite some time after updating it to iOS 5.1 and I find myself wanting to use my Playbook more than the iPad. After playing with this iPad for awhile, when I pull out my PB I genuinely feel gladness and appreciation. I feel like I have a much more substantial device with my PB over the iPad. I love the size of the PB more than the larger iPad. The display resolutions of the two tablets are about the same, but the PB display looks nicer and cleaner and has more vivid colors.

I find it fascinating that after finally acquiring a larger tablet, I would rather use my PB. It looks better, it feels better and I enjoy playing my games on it much more than on the iPad. There is no doubt that an HD iPad game...like Cut the Rope, as an example...looks gorgeous even on this older iPad, but the enjoyment factor goes to the PB. And the PB version of that same game looks just as gorgeous.

Even with its bugginess, the PB is more pleasing than the iPad. And I can say that about all iPads because there just isn't any difference in the UI. The tech-specs get better with later iPads, but not the enjoyment factor. The PB has the advantage in real and genuine enjoyment factor now that it has more apps through the Android player.
    Last edited by Marty_LK; 03-23-12 at 12:34 AM.
    03-23-12 12:31 AM
    I love my blackberry playbook because of its advanced credit card app. This function boosts productivity of my business.
    03-23-12 01:45 AM
    I love LOVE my PB (and my BB 9780 too!!) because they just do more than I thought they would ever do.
    I wasn't sure I needed a tablet, always thought it was a geek thing. When the prices of the PB dropped, I thought "let's try it, we'll see."
    And I don't regret a bit my purchase. I regret I didn't buy it before
    Now I use my PB with my BB everyday. I wake up, and instead of turning on my laptop, I turn on my PB, wayyy faster, I check my emails, I surf a bit, and then I put it on pause, and put it in my bag. I arrive at work, I turn it on, I check my new emails on gmail, bridge always on (meaning BT on), and during the day, I surf on website that I wouldn't check on my computer at work (meaning forums stuff like that, nothing bad)
    After a hard day of work, I jump on my bike and ride to my favourite theatre. Once there, back on bridge, read a bit, maybe watch a video... Or I take the sub, and when I feel safe (lots of things get stolen in a subway, always have to be careful) I take it out of my bag, and start reading, listening to music, stuff like that.
    I rarely play, or strategic game.
    I'm not boring!
    When I get home, I plug it to charge it, and I hit the pillow.
    Next day, new day
    I really really REALLY love them both!!
    03-23-12 05:33 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD