I just got my LTE model unlocked and i am in canada on rogers, unlocked now so i can use on any gsm network.

Just wondering with at&t what is best plan to use for a weekend?

Or

Do i have to get a pay as you go plan for a weekend, that would suck as thats 20.00 per month?

Also anyone have issues with unlocked playbooks?

Thks
    robsteve likes this.
    04-09-13 10:15 AM
    I just got my LTE model unlocked and i am in canada on rogers, unlocked now so i can use on any gsm network.

Just wondering with at&t what is best plan to use for a weekend?

Or

Do i have to get a pay as you go plan for a weekend, that would suck as thats 20.00 per month?

Also anyone have issues with unlocked playbooks?

Thks

I have an unlocked Rogers LTE device running just fine on AT&T. I use the 5GB Android tablet plan and have no issues. There are lower plans you can try, but it does need to be a tablet plan to work correctly.
    04-09-13 10:52 AM
    I have an unlocked Rogers LTE device running just fine on AT&T. I use the 5GB Android tablet plan and have no issues. There are lower plans you can try, but it does need to be a tablet plan to work correctly.
    Good to know it works on at&t network.

I called at&t in the neighbour state/city close to me only 3 miles away and there best option is pay as you go for 15.00 a month, i said i only want weekend data or maybe a week long, they said nope can not do that, so 15.00 for 250mb of data thats all and that sucks, next price was 30.00 for 3gb of data there is no plan in between so that is crapola why no 1gb plan on pay as you go for say 22.00 but nope nothing in between.

Is there Any other gsm network in usa?
    04-09-13 06:38 PM
    T-Mobile uses GSM, but their 4G uses different frequencies from Rogers. You would have to use a Wind mobile device (IIRC)

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 05:46 AM
    T-Mobile uses GSM, but their 4G uses different frequencies from Rogers. You would have to use a Wind mobile device (IIRC)

Posted via CB10
    Well then it looks like at&t will get my business for a week

Its just said no carriers have a weekend pass deal or a week or two deal.

I must call rogers and see what travel packages they have. If no good then again at&t will get some business.
    04-10-13 07:32 AM