I think I got a bit of a deal week. Earlier, nabbed a 3G+ Playbook for $25. Today I picked up 5 PlayBooks for $100. A 16gb, one 32gb and three 64 GB. Came with 4 power cords and one rapid charging dock. Two of the PlayBooks won't power on a 3rd one red light and 5 blinking green. The latter was easy, plug into dock and wait.

For the deader ones (no lights) I recall the good ol' stack charging days. Looking through the forums, I can't believe how many different ideas there were for stack charging. I was trying the 1 min plugged in, 2 seconds unplugged, repeat method. Hour and a half, nothing. Tried a few other methods, couldn't get anything working. No light, no nothing.

Then stumbled on one that suggested 20 seconds plugged in, 10 seconds unplugged. Repeat for 50 to 100 times. I gave this a try and voila, red light, battery charge icon, now and on and off green light. Only needed to do this about 25 tries before it kicked in.

When this guy is done, onto the second dead one. I think I'll start with the 20 second on, 10 second off method.

And if anyone is asking, why anyone wants 6 PlayBooks, this quarantine can make anyone crazy. Hey, it keeps me busy. And I could probably make my money back when done tidying them up.
    04-25-20 08:43 PM
    So, looks like I lucked out with my find yesterday.

The dead 64 GB PlayBook I needed to stack charge back to life was barely used at all.

Battery health at 98%
    Recharge count: 7

I haven't seen a used Playbook with that low a recharge count before. Best I saw before was in the 20'sWho buys 6 PlayBooks in 2020?  This guy!-img_20200426_1112364.jpeg
    dmlis, mh1983 and Dave Clark5 like this.
    04-26-20 10:18 AM
    I think I got a bit of a deal week. Earlier, nabbed a 3G+ Playbook for $25. Today I picked up 5 PlayBooks for $100. A 16gb, one 32gb and three 64 GB. Came with 4 power cords and one rapid charging dock. Two of the PlayBooks won't power on a 3rd one red light and 5 blinking green. The latter was easy, plug into dock and wait.

For the deader ones (no lights) I recall the good ol' stack charging days. Looking through the forums, I can't believe how many different ideas there were for stack charging. I was trying the 1 min plugged in, 2 seconds unplugged, repeat method. Hour and a half, nothing. Tried a few other methods, couldn't get anything working. No light, no nothing.

Then stumbled on one that suggested 20 seconds plugged in, 10 seconds unplugged. Repeat for 50 to 100 times. I gave this a try and voila, red light, battery charge icon, now and on and off green light. Only needed to do this about 25 tries before it kicked in.

When this guy is done, onto the second dead one. I think I'll start with the 20 second on, 10 second off method.

And if anyone is asking, why anyone wants 6 PlayBooks, this quarantine can make anyone crazy. Hey, it keeps me busy. And I could probably make my money back when done tidying them up.
    Whatever keeps your sanity and keeps you socially distanced. Good luck and enjoy the distraction
    DOCTOREVIL8 and Dave Clark5 like this.
    04-26-20 10:22 AM

Brilliant! As a standalone device, not overly-dependent on connected Web services or altered Web standards, the Playbook is a great device. Having said that, I have now set one of mine up (on a dock) as a smart home control centre of sorts using IFTTT and webhooks. Enjoy DoctorEvil!
    mh1983 and DOCTOREVIL8 like this.
    04-26-20 10:35 AM
    Damn. that seller sure is lucky he found you. playbooks are essentially worthless these days.
    04-26-20 12:39 PM
    Damn. that seller sure is lucky he found you. playbooks are essentially worthless these days.
    In the next few weeks, we can see who was luckier. Maybe you are right, but I think I can get $100 back before selling all 5 PlayBooks. Only time will tell.
    04-26-20 02:50 PM
    It really depends on the use case. I own a new iPad, a couple Kindle Fires, and a cheap Android tablet as well as a PlayBook, and it's the PlayBook I use most for downloaded media not tied to streaming services.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    dmlis likes this.
    04-26-20 03:40 PM
    It really depends on the use case. I own a new iPad, a couple Kindle Fires, and a cheap Android tablet as well as a PlayBook, and it's the PlayBook I use most for downloaded media not tied to streaming services.

Definitely. A Playbook only has value to people like us who have experience with them and have prior BBW purchases.

To the general public, they're worthless.
    04-26-20 04:07 PM
    Definitely. A Playbook only has value to people like us who have experience with them and have prior BBW purchases.

To the general public, they're worthless.
    I don't really use any of the BBW apps. I like the screen and the sound for music and video. The iPad may have much better specs, but the PlayBook looks and sounds better, IMO.

truth4u likes this.
    04-26-20 04:15 PM
    Good luck with the PBs. Looks like they will keep you busy. Have fun .
    04-26-20 05:33 PM
    I don't really use any of the BBW apps. I like the screen and the sound for music and video. The iPad may have much better specs, but the PlayBook looks and sounds better, IMO.

You're right. The speakers are much better on my Playbook than my 2018 iPad.
    mh1983, dmlis and truth4u like this.
    04-26-20 05:46 PM
    Lucky seller

Posted via CB10
    04-27-20 12:34 AM
    I'm thinking between the time needed to fix these, then listing, and shipping.... be lucky to break even. That's if you sell all six in the next 6 - 12 months, and the buyers fully understand what they are getting.
    04-27-20 01:49 PM
    I'm thinking between the time needed to fix these, then listing, and shipping.... be lucky to break even. That's if you sell all six in the next 6 - 12 months, and the buyers fully understand what they are getting.
    There's nothing to fix. They all work. Only one needed a stack charge. All USB ports work. All rapid charger ports work. Still need to test HDMI port.

People are selling PlayBooks in my area for $50 to $100. I see people on eBay bidding on 16gb playbook at $13 which includes $25 shipping. That's $40+ with the taxes.

Maybe I'm nuts. Maybe I'm an evil genius. But I have time to test my theory that I will be ahead of the game.
    04-27-20 06:08 PM
    There's nothing to fix. They all work. Only one needed a stack charge. All USB ports work. All rapid charger ports work. Still need to test HDMI port.

People are selling PlayBooks in my area for $50 to $100. I see people on eBay bidding on 16gb playbook at $13 which includes $25 shipping. That's $40+ with the taxes.

Maybe I'm nuts. Maybe I'm an evil genius. But I have time to test my theory that I will be ahead of the game.
    They are uniquely cool tablets, IMO. Better made and more durable than iPads or any Androids of that time. The software limitations are obvious and don't bear repeating, but the hardware is top notch, and they are great for multimedia out of the box with no apps needed.

Most people buy tablets for apps, but for downloaded DRM-free media, my PlayBook is the best, most enjoyable and convenient tablet I've owned.

dmlis likes this.
    04-27-20 09:04 PM
    And to think that I threw out my playbook because it would not charge. I wanted to play Scribbles again.
    04-28-20 01:02 AM
    Six PlayBooks is pretty cool! No problems with the security wipe?
    Reg
    06-24-20 07:47 PM
    Haha I made a lowball offer for that lot. Picked up what turned out to be a brand new "Employee Clearance" LTE model instead. There are more than a few of us fools out there still. Or maybe we're it?

Posted via CB10
    08-06-20 05:30 PM
    Haha I made a lowball offer for that lot. Picked up what turned out to be a brand new "Employee Clearance" LTE model instead. There are more than a few of us fools out there still. Or maybe we're it?

Posted via CB10
    If it does what you want.... nothing wrong with that.

The PlayBook in 2020 can't do what most would want from a Tablet. But it you just want to play existing media that you have... it's fine as a video player or ebook reader..... or gaming for some "old school" stuff. For $25 that would be fine if it's all you want.
    mh1983 likes this.
    08-07-20 07:55 AM