I can't remember the last time I turned my Playbook off. Must be over a year since I've done that. Does rebooting count? I've done that many times, but haven't actually purposely turned it off.
    11-16-12 04:20 AM
    no, never...just rebooting
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-16-12 04:29 AM
    I do. Painful as it may be I turn it off...... at least once every other day.
    11-16-12 05:02 AM
    I never turn mine off either. I just do a reboot usually once a week just to refresh the system or when something gets wonky (most of the time it is my AOL mail)...otherwise it is always on the rapid charger and just sits in standby overnight.
    11-16-12 05:54 AM
    Theres an off button?????
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-16-12 06:28 AM
    no, never...just rebooting
    True. Cause it comes right back on..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-16-12 07:17 AM
    I can turn off my playbook?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-16-12 07:23 AM
    I turn mine off once in awhile just because.
    11-16-12 07:52 AM
    Which app is that? I can't see it in Appworld (can see Relax Book Nature). I'd like an app that has a timer or the like to fall asleep too.
    Relax Book Nature (and there are other Relax Books like Rain) is an app that lets you choose your nature sounds and set the timer. I have several of them - they're wonderful.
    JimiDiGriz likes this.
    11-16-12 09:03 AM
    One thing I'd like the PlayBooks to have is the programmable auto shutdown and auto turn-on feature that the Torch 9810 has. If the PlayBook had this then I would be happy to leave it on all the time. I can't sleep when my Torch is making noise with emails and texts coming through during off hours. The same would be true with the PlayBook.
    The auto on/off is a great feature. I used to use it when I still had a land line. But now, having young adult children who may be out all hours, I want to be reachable in an emergency. So I use Bedside Mode that turns off all alerts except the ringer for voice calls. Then I can also use my phone as my bedside alarm clock too.
    11-16-12 09:16 AM
    That power button is just too hard to use on a regular basis. Too small and no tactile feel when you activate it. I had to RMA my first PB because of it. Otherwise, I might turn it off more often. It also takes way too long to boot up. Standby for me!
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-16-12 11:06 AM
    I only turn it off when getting on planes. And not because of "evil electronics kill navigation systems brouhaha", but because I want to have as much juice as possible before getting on the plane and enjoy my PB for as many hours as the battery will hold.

Also; Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones + PlayBook = Entire plane is jealous.
    11-16-12 06:00 PM
    I never turn it off unless is strictly necessary like when you have to make a hard reset or my battery is super low, like under 4%
    Why don't we do something, let's post since when our PB's are on, just go to About and then select Hardware and check out your Boot Time, mine is Nov 12 23:20:34 COT 2012
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-16-12 06:01 PM
    I turn off my PB at the end of the day (night). If I don't use it for an hour or so I put it on Standby. I make it a point to recharge the PB when battery charge goes down to 30% The number is not empirical, just my habit of making sure there's sufficient charge to do things on the PB.
    11-16-12 06:23 PM
    Rarely, if ever. I reboot it about once a week when I know I won't need it for a few minutes. Basically the same as my BB. Always on, charging at night. Periodic reboots. The only time I can think of that I regularly shut it off was when we were camping and I wouldn't be able to charge it for a week and would be using it infrequently.

BTW, I'm at 496 Recharge Count battery health of 84%. IIRC, the high was 91% when new. I don't notice any difference in usage length. Any degradation of the battery has been offset by improvements to the OS
    kbz1960 and peter9477 like this.
    11-16-12 07:05 PM
    I turn mine off all the time, but then I do not have a cradle for it.

*submitted from my playbook
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    11-16-12 07:17 PM
    I didn't know it had an off button .
    11-16-12 07:28 PM
    What really rise my eyebrows is that after months and months of not a single turn off and just a reboot because of the update, the 1.6 years old PlayBook is still running like the first day back in April 2011 QNX has such an amazing stability... Just wonderful. And if BB10 is anything like the PlayBook, guys write it on stones, our next phones will never suffer those awful battery pulls.
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-16-12 07:53 PM
    I turn it off before going to bed, just to be able to clean the screen as perfectly as possible. I turn it on again in the morning while making coffee. But then again I'm German and German people do strange things like eating Wiener Schnitzel and Sauerkraut all day while invading other countries.
    Well being British I leave my PB on all the time, just to be awkward and not at all like those damned German types
    NoraMelua likes this.
    11-17-12 04:35 AM
    I only turn it off when getting on planes. And not because of "evil electronics kill navigation systems brouhaha", but because I want to have as much juice as possible before getting on the plane and enjoy my PB for as many hours as the battery will hold.

Also; Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones + PlayBook = Entire plane is jealous.
    Electronics do not affect modern aircraft avionics....fact

Actually is pretty true, they do effect older aircraft in some ways (usually aircraft over 10 years old). Day in day out I see aircraft engineers and avonic technicans using mobile phones, iPads, playbooks etc while working on aircraft systems and when an aircraft goes out for a test flight I have been often asked to go out on the flight and use my mobile phone with wireless hotspot on and use the playbook while they assess any issues.

In fact one company I know of is retro fitting their aircraft with wireless access so people can use PB's and iPads etc while traveling.

I do however agree with the ban on using mobile phones on flights, I'm sure the person sat next to me won't want a punch in the throat after the umpteenth call during a 5 hour flight
    11-17-12 04:42 AM
    Well being British I leave my PB on all the time, just to be awkward and not at all like those damned German types
    You should think about this while listening to a nice calming yoga tape!

Please turn on subtitles.
    Jonesy1966 and Nikki_G like this.
    11-17-12 05:45 AM
    no button off so i put on sleep mode if not use
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-17-12 06:16 AM
    I'm a PlayBook off kinda guy myself for no particular reason other than it's what I'm used to. On the other hand, my partner leaves hers on all the time and I've found that mine is less glitchy, charges faster and goes a significantly longer time between charges. The only inconvenience for me is that I go through that protracted boot up once a day, about the same amount of time it takes me to get a pot of coffee going first thing in the morning
    11-17-12 07:19 AM
    Why don't we do something, let's post since when our PB's are on, just go to About and then select Hardware and check out your Boot Time, mine is
    Nov 12 23:20:34 COT 2012
    Not a bad idea.

Mine is Oct 29 09:08:06 CDT 2012

BTW cot? Cdt? Time zones? I'm central but what's the dt?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-17-12 08:51 AM
    You should think about this while listening to a nice calming yoga tape!

Please turn on subtitles.
    Haha, top stuff!
    11-17-12 09:34 AM
76 1234